Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arsenal want to give him a 130k a week on a 4 year deal then I can't see us matching that. It's a big deal for someone that is 29 and who's major asset is his blistering pace.

I wouldn't blame him for taking it, but I hope we can convince him to stay

If this happens then it will be highly damaging to our plans for the coming season.

Fingers very tightly crossed that it's shit

If it's (sadly) going to happen at least it will be over soon and therefore prevents a panic buy of a Balotelli or Carroll on deadline day.

Really hoping he stays of course but a football career is a short one so couldn't blame him for chasing the cash.

I think I'd only be pissed because it's arsenal. If he cares about playing for England long term unfortunately he needs to leave. Shame but on we go.

This makes the Billy Shitpants rumours more likely

Well for what it is worth, the club ambassador doesn't think that Vardy will go. As per usual, all of this is being hugely hyped up by the media.

Id be upset if this happens. Vardy typifies virtually everything we had going on this season.

However - it's very easy to forget that he hasn't actually joined Arsenal at this point. They may have triggered the release clause in a panic if the June 3rd thing exists.

Let's worry about him leaving when he leaves - no doubt shakey has a plan.

Why on earth did he tell the press he was going nowhere bloody idiot, if he goes it will piss the fans off because he said he would return the faith the club invested in him!

Sadly if he goes I give him 2 years before he is burnt and crippled with injuries at Arsenal, Wenger will be like woy and play him out wide, rumour is the Ox and Theo want out of there, I hope he stays but he is nearly 30 and that sort of deal will set him and his family up for life!

Well for what it is worth, the club ambassador doesn't think that Vardy will go. As per usual, all of this is being hugely hyped up by the media.
Where did you read this Micky please?

Perhaps because it's true

Just a thought, before we all slaughter him and slag off his wife on twitter
Did you not know he's been spotted in BHS buying some Arsenal underwear?

It wouldn't surprise me if he goes. Can't believe there is a clause in there allowing him to go for £20m... he's worth far more to us than that. Ultimately I think that having a release clause in there shows the player is looking to move on to better things. The only thing they can offer that's an improvement on being here is probably a better wage deal which would be important at his age. On the balance of probability I'd say he'll probably go and it will bite him in the ass. As far as we are concerned, we will no doubt get Musa in as replacement. He looks quicker than Vardy but he doesn't look like a finisher and you wonder whether he'd put in the same defensive effort that we so appreciate here.

Half of my family are arsenal fans.so for me I'd hate it. Also I just don't like their fans too much. Self righteous and snobby.

They're extra vocal on twitter and everything's always about them - centre of attention.

I think it's pretty much nailed on that he'll go now. At his age, and stage of his career ...and with his missus getting loads of twatty texts from twatty twelve year old texters who believe that the way to enforce 'loyalty' is through abuse!

Let's not fall for the romantic idea of a journeyman finding his spiritual home and living happily ever after Disney shite. Don't get me wrong I'd have loved to see what this team with Vardy could do to European opposition, but that doesn't mean we won't still have a good team, we won a lot of games without Vardy scoring last season and as already pointed out on here we'd have to replace him at some point anyway.

If he does go we could bung Bob Huth up the front ...he might not have his pace but he could just steamroller through the opposition ...and he's a proven goal scorer! :D

Anyway he may indeed be a legend here, but as far as I'm concerned it's still Leicester City Football Club ...not Jamie Vardy Football Club! #COYF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566