Post Match Watford 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can make out this wasn't a bad performance for an away team. Two goals away from home should normally generate at least one point.

The angst seems to be based on massive disappointment that we can't get back to back wins.

Mills is a bit of a problem - and don't lets delude ourselves that we could sell him on in the summer for a substantial fee. Sven made an almighty error with that signing and its going to cost big time if he is moved on for next to nothing.

I hope nobody seriously wants a situation where Mike Stowell takes over for a couple of games and then someone else comes in. The Allen-Megson-Burrows-Holloway experience is one to be avoided.

Nigel has had two close seasons. In both of them he has strengthed the squad and the players have looked fit. This compares well with close seasons under other managers Martin Allen, Paulo Sousa and Sven.

Leicester City made a terrible error in forcing Nigel Pearson out the first time and going on the managerial roundabout. Lets not make the same mistake again.

In italy they say minestrone should only be cooked once.Getting back a once succesful manager seldom works.I can think of many failed attempts-eg Howard Kendall at Everton-and they play in blue!

In italy they say minestrone should only be cooked once.Getting back a once succesful manager seldom works.I can think of many failed attempts-eg Howard Kendall at Everton-and they play in blue!

We are well capable of scripting irrelevant rubbish on here without your help.

You know nothing about Leicester City and care even less but you do seem to have an obsession about your manager moving on for a better paid job - get over it - it happens in all professions.

For the rest of us with an actual interest in the club I think that we haven't made any significant progress in terms of results since Nigel came back - but the point is that Pearson is a manager about whom we can be reasonably confident that he will sort things out, but I think this will take some time and i don't have a clue how long that will be. The question is always how much or little time any given manager will get from club owners.

For the rest of us with an actual interest in the club I think that we haven't made any significant progress in terms of results since Nigel came back - but the point is that Pearson is a manager about whom we can be reasonably confident that he will sort things out, but I think this will take some time and i don't have a clue how long that will be. The question is always how much or little time any given manager will get from club owners.

Both Pearson and Barmby are reaping the rewards of the previous manager in their respective positions. Pearson's got to deal with a massive rebuilding job and attempt to make a playoff push at the same time thanks to mistakes made by Sven, while Barmby, IMO, has very little to do as Pearson left him a fantastic young squad with a winning mentality and in great shape.

I have no doubt Pearson will turn us into a decent side - he did it here once before and he certainly did it at Hull, it's just going to take a bit of time.

Well at least we know you are not colour blind then. That's one impediment I can cross off my possibles list.

Just seen the goals, first one looked like Konchesky was beaten at the near post, free kick there was nothing we could do about (except not give it away) and the third one Danns lost easy possession and SSL was nowhere near where he should be.

I maintain that either the full back players or the system we are playing them in is our weakness. I don't buy the lack of cover argument, SSL was well out of position for the third as has Peltier been for many goals (or beaten by his man too easily, such as Barnsley).

Just watched the highlights on BBC myself. I may be reading a bit much in to it but I noticed a couple of things - first, Mills seemed to be all alone on the march out from the tunnel at the start, almost intentionally so. Second, Wellens didn't show a shred of delight at the second goal going in. While others rushed to congratulate, he barely batted an eyelid and just carried on jogging/walking away.

It's not easy to tell how easily Danns gave the ball away from the clip. All you see is him trying to control a high ball. Which he failed to do. I'm not sure why SSL was in such an advanced position.

Cracking second from Nugent. The first was bad defending but a decent finish regardless.

Just watched the highlights on BBC myself. I may be reading a bit much in to it but I noticed a couple of things - first, Mills seemed to be all alone on the march out from the tunnel at the start, almost intentionally so. Second, Wellens didn't show a shred of delight at the second goal going in. While others rushed to congratulate, he barely batted an eyelid and just carried on jogging/walking away.

I don't doubt that there are tensions and conflicts. Not surprising with the influx of OTT waged 'stars' some of whom look seriously overpaid plus the fairly extreme change in management styles plus the massive disappointment of on going under-achievement. It all goes to show what we already knew that building a successful football team in this hyper competitive leagues is about lots of things other than just having the biggest wage bill - settled squad, motivation and organisation are amongst the other factors. Pearson must have known this when he took the job or found out very soon after - we'll find out if the owners have got the nerve and stomach to take a long term view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Win, draw, defeat, win, defeat.

That's the last five league games. Not bad enough to put us near the bottom, not good enough to get us near the top.

Sad to say but the league season is done with plenty to spare.

I don't doubt that there are tensions and conflicts. Not surprising with the influx of OTT waged 'stars' some of whom look seriously overpaid plus the fairly extreme change in management styles plus the massive disappointment of on going under-achievement.

So who do you think has got the hump that they are working/performing hard, whilst others on several times their wages are 'cruising'?

We've been through this several times before and there are probably just as many, if not more, examples of managers going back and being successful, or even more successful the second time (as well as the 3rd and 4th time in the case of Steve Coppell at Palace) as there are managers failing at going back.

The idea that a successful manager going back seldom works is rubbish.

Its my view that the city had reached a point a few games ago where they were chasing all the games now to reach the playoffs,it isnt going to happen this season now we just arnt going to do it ,so lets get real and get the players we want playing without the pressure and build a team for next year .Forget about managers not fitting in ,Nigal Peason is as good as anyone.

So who do you think has got the hump that they are working/performing hard, whilst others on several times their wages are 'cruising'?

I'd be guessing - but its predictable that there will be some who signed up to join Sven's luxury cruise- who are not overjoyed with the idea of doing a shift in the engine room.

Similarly we've had two years of potential 'them and 'us' situations. Last year some flashy loanees some of whom used us for match experience for going back to bigger and better things & this year this influx of players who were heralded as big names, but in some cases have looked distinctly underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566