Pre Match Watford v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the consequences of not finishing the season are such that they have to finish it, I can accept that. I just hope that if necessary they delay the start of the next one until fans can return.

Well I'm up for this. The soundman for Schalke v Leverkusen was exceptional and but for the empty seats it sounded real. I know it's fake but I've watched without and that really is a killer! I've got the beers in, I've got my eldest back who'll have a pint with me and my lad whose chomping at the bit to see City again. I know it's not the same, but I'm rooted in camp C. Until we lose that is.

Well I'm up for this. The soundman for Schalke v Leverkusen was exceptional and but for the empty seats it sounded real. I know it's fake but I've watched without and that really is a killer! I've got the beers in, I've got my eldest back who'll have a pint with me and my lad whose chomping at the bit to see City again. I know it's not the same, but I'm rooted in camp C. Until we lose that is.
La Liga have been digitally imposing fans on the main camera shot, apparently the PL is looking to copy that

Yea let's rejoice at the money grabbing ****s finding another way of essentially making the attending paying punter redundant.....

Just when I thought football was about to realise how important us stupid ****ers who attend matches actually are, they go and find a way of making it a pleasant experience for the plastics.

**** armchair fans and **** the companies that make their millions from them

Yea let's rejoice at the money grabbing ****s finding another way of essentially making the attending paying punter redundant.....

Just when I thought football was about to realise how important us stupid ****ers who attend matches actually are, they go and find a way of making it a pleasant experience for the plastics.

**** armchair fans and **** the companies that make their millions from them

Spot on

Paying fans will be officially redundant when this shitshow gets going

No naughty words, no confrontation , none of them there nasty common hooligans types

Nice plastic pretend crowd noise, coming from a nice plastic pretend crowd

Beloved by the all-new plastic population

The only way is up......

There's not really a great deal the Premier League or clubs can do about fans not being able to attend matches. I agree some are perhaps less bothered than others about the fact, but its not part of some grand scheme to screw the fans over IMO. Any more than summer solstice being cancelled is a sign that Kasabian are aloof to their fanbase
I am personally going to just enjoy the return of the Premier League for what it is; an extremely welcome distraction from what has been and will continue to be a shitshow of a 2020.

Watching Leicester hopefully cement a position in the 2020/21 champions league and then look forward to the potential squad strengthening that will come with it will have very little competition as the highlight of 2020 for me.

There's not really a great deal the Premier League or clubs can do about fans not being able to attend matches.
Other than not force football back without fans, you mean? Fans are a distraction for the PL in their quest to make as much money as they can from unscrupulous TV companies. They couldn't give one shiny **** about bums in seats in stadiums.

Craig Pawson is the man in the middle

Fans are a distraction for the PL in their quest to make as much money as they can from unscrupulous TV companies.
The unscrupulous adjective should surely also be applied to the FA and to the clubs at this level. I don't think anybody voted against it.

Other than not force football back without fans, you mean? Fans are a distraction for the PL in their quest to make as much money as they can from unscrupulous TV companies. They couldn't give one shiny **** about bums in seats in stadiums.
If that were really the case then clubs, including ours wouldn't bother expanding stadiums and building new ones. The vast majority of the money comes from TV so the TV companies have a lot of power, but that doesn't mean they don't care about the fans and the match day experience.

the TV companies have a lot of power, but that doesn't mean they don't care about the fans and the match day experience.

Indeed not. The 'match day experience' is very much part of the TV spectacle; the crowds, the songs, etc. I don't think TV companies would be interested in matches played in empty stadiums.... on, hang on... Nah, seriously though, it's going to be interesting from a number of perspectives. Will Soyuncu curse in Turkish or English?

Of course the TV companies don't want empty stadiums, however, anyone who thinks that translates to giving a flying **** about fans is utterly deluded.

They know that they can treat football fans like arseholes and yet they will keep on lapping it up (oh we are so loyal, hardcore support...blah)

Oh the game at Brighton away has been moved only two weeks before the game to a Tuesday night, oh well, the deluded masses will still travel.

Sky have zero regard for any attending punter, absolutely ****ing zilch.

Yeah Lako, but if you don’t like it don’t watch it.....

Regardless of whether it will be any good, I’m still looking forward to watching some live sport on TV. Will it be better than being there? Obviously not. Is it better than having **** all else on? Yes. Will it conclude the season in a fashion that avoids the premier league getting embroiled in lawsuits? Yes, and that’s probably why it’s being done

oh and for the record - 1-1 draw.

Just wondering why the rest of football in England and Scotland has been cancelled?

Is the Premier League and Championship safer? Or is it down to one thing and one thing only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363