Wayne Brown to Preston North End

Status
Not open for further replies.
This got me thinking-the fact he has been released by mutual consent, does this mean the case against him failed? Surely we would've just sacked him otherw*s*?

It means that good sense prevailed and an agreement was made to bring his employment to an end, rather than risk going through a long drawn-out procedure which would be 'messy' and might be far more expensive for everybody involved.

This got me thinking-the fact he has been released by mutual consent, does this mean the case against him failed? Surely we would've just sacked him otherw*s*?

I think it's much more likely that both sides agreed that they didn't want to pay legal fees or to have this all over the national press, so mutually agreed that Brown would stop playing for City, and City would stop paying Brown.

Any Preston fan reading their clubs account would be puzzled. Here is a "mainstay" of Leicester's promotion bid being allowed to leave - very strange.

The "mutual consent" is the sensible way to go. We do not know what was said in the altercation but it may be that comments were made to Wayne Brown in the heat of the moment that would look very bad in the cold light of an industrial tribunal.

Does anyone know if this happens in any other industry?

I guess it could happen in any other industry, although it's unlikely as there aren't many scenarios where someone leaves a business for a job that pays less and expects their previous employee to make up the difference.

It's now been confirmed that Wayne Brown's departure had nothing at all to do with his having voted for the BNP in the recent General Election. The truth is that the new manager was not happy about Brown's part-time job and he's chosen to leave the club rather than give it up.

[YOUTUBE]eOFRIWx5F9c[/YOUTUBE]

Boc!! How could you post that.... I've just collapsed in a fit of giggles at work and had to lie my way out of it :icon_lol:

Boc!! How could you post that.... I've just collapsed in a fit of giggles at work and had to lie my way out of it :icon_lol:

Oh dear! Is it too late to say sorry?

It's now been confirmed that Wayne Brown's departure had nothing at all to do with his having voted for the BNP in the recent General Election. The truth is that the new manager was not happy about Brown's part-time job and he's chosen to leave the club rather than give it up.

[youtube]eOFRIWx5F9c[/youtube]

So that's where that stupid chant "Wayne Brown, he'll break your ****ing eggs" comes from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669