Confirmed Transfer Wes Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2594177,00.html

Leicester City have today (Monday) completed a deal to bring defender Wes Morgan to King Power Stadium from Nottingham Forest for an undisclosed fee.

The 28-year-old centre-back has agreed a contract with the Foxes until June 2014 and, following the arrivals of Danny Drinkwater and Nathan Delfouneso, becomes City boss Nigel Pearson's third new recruit of the January transfer window.

Nottingham born and schooled initially at Notts County before joining Forest at the age of 15, Morgan has been in the Reds' first team setup for eight-and-a-half years and made over 400 appearances for the City Ground club prior to joining the Foxes.

Following a brief loan spell with non-league Kidderminster the previous March, Morgan made his Forest first team debut in August 2003 at the age of 19 and would go on to become a huge favourite at the City Ground.

He was a central figure in the Forest side that won promotion from League 1 in 2008 and has been one of the Championship's outstanding central defenders since. During the 2010/11 season, he was an ever-present for the Reds in all competitions and was named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year as Forest reached the play-offs.

Morgan will join up with the City squad on Tuesday ahead of Wednesday night's npower Championship game against Middlesbrough at King Power Stadium.

Last edited:
How did Tunchev get injured again?
He was on the bench on Saturday, did he fall off it?

That was my own stupidity for believing my friend, although it's worrying that I was there on Saturday and didn't have the brain cells to realise he isn't injured..

Apparently Forest have already used the money paying for Cunningham and Harewood.. :icon_lol:

Decent signing I suppose, although I can't see him as anything more than a back-up

I still don't understand the signing.... Maybe it will all make sense tomorrow when one of the other centre backs leaves.

Welcome though Wes, let's hope you do well here.

Any idea what standard the football is of the teams he is playing against? Any word on if he is doing well?

Whilst right back is a possibility, have you seen the way he lopes around the park? Gally has to wait 5 minutes while he strolls up the field for the corners! Great distribution from the centre but I am not sure he is going to outpace Dyer on the wing.

Just drove by the stadium, some bloke with ginger hair camping outside the club shop. Stopped to ask if he was ok. He said he wanted to get 'Morgan' on his shirt. I'm sure this chap was Homer.

I am a strawberry blonde, not ginger, thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570