Confirmed Transfer Wes Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a really good game last night

Let's hope he can make that position his own

If he had got on the pitch, I'm not sure he could have been any worse than the other two clowns first half.

If he had got on the pitch, I'm not sure he could have been any worse than the other two clowns first half.

Bet Wes thought he would have a starting place for Saturday after the first 10 minutes, with both Mills & SSL playing terrible balls straight to the oppostion in dangerous areas

Bet Wes thought he would have a starting place for Saturday after the first 10 minutes, with both Mills & SSL playing terrible balls straight to the oppostion in dangerous areas

I thought SSL picked up well after a shaky start though and had a solid performance, especially considering the amouny of elbows he had poked into him.

I thought SSL picked up well after a shaky start though and had a solid performance, especially considering the amouny of elbows he had poked into him.

Won about 1 of 200 headers though. Why he always marks the tallest striker is beyond me.

Won about 1 of 200 headers though. Why he always marks the tallest striker is beyond me.
I disagree. When it became a wrestling match he struggled but he won most of them I thought. And I would expect that it's the tall strikers that pick him, rather than the other way around. He made up for a lot of Mills's mistakes yet again.

Mills and SSL were both making individual mistake after individual mistake in the first half, they improved second half, but this defence still worries me. Said the same thing against Swindon, but it's a good job Boro looked poor going forward last night else we'd have been slaughtered first half. If we continue defending the way we have done in the past couple of games an in-form attack is going to stick 5 or 6 past us one of these games.

It's odd, but we seems the opposite has happened under NP to what I thought would happen. I thought when NP came in we'd sure up the defence, but score less, but the opposite is true, we're scoring more and creating a lot more chances than we did under SGE, but we're also conceding more and looking a lot more shaky defensively.

Last edited:
Mills and SSL were both making individual mistake after individual mistake in the first half, they improved second half, but this defence still worries me. Said the same thing against Swindon, but it's a good job Boro looked poor going forward last night else we'd have been slaughtered first half. If we continue defending the way we have done in the past couple of games an in-form attack is going to stick 5 or 6 past us one of these games.

In the first half when we got into position to cross the ball there was a tendency to come back rather than go forward.

In the second half, when Fonz and Drinks came on we had a more mobile midfield that were hungry for the ball. Give and go all across the field.

Look at the difference when or if the ball was lost. All has an impact on the defence.

I get what you're saying HTB about the midfield supporting them, but that doesn't excuse the kind of basic errors both Mills and SSL were making over and over in the first half.

Hopefully when the AFCON is over we will have the much steadier and improved partnership of Bamba and Morgan.

Hopefully when the AFCON is over we will have the much steadier and improved partnership of Bamba and Morgan.

But nobody on God's green earth knows how Bamba plays, just look at the mess the Ivory Coast find themselves in, no, im affraid I would rather have two useless feckers at the back than one who confuses people but get's away with it.

It's odd, but we seems the opposite has happened under NP to what I thought would happen. I thought when NP came in we'd sure up the defence, but score less, but the opposite is true, we're scoring more and creating a lot more chances than we did under SGE, but we're also conceding more and looking a lot more shaky defensively.

:018:

Shore up.

Never knew that one, never seen it written down, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566