West Bromwich Albion - Saturday 9th September 2006 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
KO 3pm

Tickets:

We have been allocated 2000 tickets for this match situated in the Smethwick End Stand behind the goal.
Ticket prices are £23 Adults £14 Seniors and under 18's and £11 Juniors (Under 16's).
Disabled tickets are £11 with a free carer's ticket

Tickets go on sale...

Monday 28th August - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1
Tuesday 29th August - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2
Wednesday 30th August - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3
Thursday 31st August - Members
Friday 1st September - General Sale

Coaches

Fox Travel coaches depart from the Walkers Stadium at 12.30pm.

£12.50 Adult STH
£10.50 Concession STH
£13.50 Adults
£11.50 Concessions

If you want to save some money it's cheaper to go by train.

Trains

The nearest station to the ground is The Hawthorns, which is less than half a mile away. Return fare is £7.60. You'll need to change trains at Birmingham - and this involves a short walk between Birmingham New Street and Moor Street or Snow Hill stations.

Directions

The Hawthorns is one of the easiest grounds to find.

From Leicester take the M69, then the M6 towards Birmingham, then the M5, and exit the M5 at junction 1. Take the first exit from the roundabout (the A41), and the ground is around half a mile down the road.

Pubs

Anyone recommend an away fan friendly pub near the ground?
Or is it better to drink in Brum and get the train to the ground?

Re: WBA Saturday September 9 2006

Jeff, what mode of transport would recommend is the best to get to WBA?

In the past I've always gone by car. It's certainly the quickest, dead easy to get to (assuming no problems on the M6).

But the last time I went there it was in the days when crowds were much smaller, I don't know what it's like for parking these days.

My ticket arrived yesterday. The London Branch are travelling up from Marylebone to Snow Hill. I'd guess we'll have a few beers in the Snow Hill area, from memory there are a few in the real ale guide thereabouts. I'll post on here the one we'll be in tomorrow. BTW, the trains from Snow Hill to The Hawthorns are every ten minutes, journey time five minutes.

Last edited:

In the past I've always gone by car. It's certainly the quickest, dead easy to get to (assuming no problems on the M6).

But the last time I went there it was in the days when crowds were much smaller, I don't know what it's like for parking these days.

Whats parking like Jeff?

You replied to a post in which I said "I don't know what it's like for parking these days" with the question "Whats parking like Jeff?"

I read your post back at least 3 times wondering what I missed :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Been a long day.

i think i may go to this match never booked an away match before, how is the best way to do this book at the ticket office (i am a season ticket holder)

i think i may go to this match never booked an away match before, how is the best way to do this book at the ticket office (i am a season ticket holder)

You can email the ticket office and ask them to call you, that's usually easier than ringing them - you'll be priority 3, so you shouldn't be able to get one until next Wednesday.

This reference to parking in my Essiential Football Fans Guide....

Street Parking or alternatively there are a few private matchday car parks at some local industrial units near the ground or Hawthorns station at 4 quid.

Beware of speed cameras on A41. The recommend pub is The Vine

This may be the only away game i get to this season, or at least one of the few, soooo Im keen to meet up for a couple of beers with anyone that fancies it.

Best way is to e-mail the ticket office so they can ring you back. If you are out and about, just ring them, and if you've got a debit/credit card, no problem, you'll get the ticket in two or three days. I know our club gets a fair amount of critisism, but as far as I am concerned, the ticket office is top notch.

This may be the only away game i get to this season, or at least one of the few, soooo Im keen to meet up for a couple of beers with anyone that fancies it.

If you fancy a beer or two with some of us poor sods who travel up from London, we'll be having a shandy or two near Snow Hill station - handy for travel to The Hawthorns, 5 minutes on the Metro/train, I'll try to post tomorrow the bozzer we'll be in.

If you fancy a beer or two with some of us poor sods who travel up from London, we'll be having a shandy or two near Snow Hill station - handy for travel to The Hawthorns, 5 minutes on the Metro/train, I'll try to post tomorrow the bozzer we'll be in.

If we decided to get the train there i may well take you up on the offer real.

I want to go to this. pds?.....:icon_cool

I am going with a couple of mates as it is my 21st that day.. You are more than welcome to come too. More the merrier.

I am going with a couple of mates as it is my 21st that day.. You are more than welcome to come too. More the merrier.

Sounds good mate. I might have to take you up on that offer. Good to see ya in the 1884 again mate. :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566