West Bromwich Albion - Saturday 9th September 2006 - Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WBA Saturday September 9 2006

Feck me, have I stumbled across dateline or something here?

MK just likes to hang around in the background :icon_wink :icon_bigg

loiter is my preferred word....:icon_wink

i've got my train and hotel booked for this one so am definately making the trip, most the pubs look a fair trek from the hawthorns station so i'll probably be drinking near snow hill. unless i find a taxi number in the meantime and may drink in one of the asian pubs near by that aparently do good kebabs....if there is such a thing

ill be there this year, another ground i can tick off the list.i love it when i go to an away game and theres a pub full of away fans but dont know where that will be now. 8 quid return is blooming great.

As we ( the London Branch ) will be going from Marylebone to Snow Hill, the boozer we'll be using is The Old Royal, 53 Church Street, B3 2DP, 5 minutes walk from Snow Hill Station. Snow Hill to The Hawthorns is every 10 minutes, journey time 5 minutes. We should get in The Old Royal about 12.50.

Paid for my ticket today, £1.50 debit card charge, oh well.

Only prob now is transport... will have to be the train i think Tamworth- New Street, Snow hill- the hawthorns, any one know how far it is to walk from the hawthorns train station to the stadium?

If you are intending to travel to this match by train, please consider allowing extra time for your journey. The line between Coventry and Birmingham is closed for the day and although the Leicester to Birmingham service does not use this route, there may be delays because the Virgin West Coast service from Euston to New Street is being diverted via Nuneaton and therefore sharing with Central Trains the fairly restrictive route between Nuneaton and Birmingham. With the number of trains on the line being increased by a factor of three, there is plenty of scope for services to be delayed so don't leave it until the last minute.

For the same reason, passengers from London should consider using the Chiltern Services from Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill, just as RS is doing (it's cheaper this way too - and GroupSave tickets are also available making it cheaper still; please pm me if you are travelling from London and are not already a member of a group of 4).

Last edited:

Myself and YOBO_21 will be at this one. Got tickets today.

anyone brought tickets for 18 and under that are actually over 18?

does anyone know how far it is to walk from new st to snowhill train station and the directions? Also the directions from hawthorns train station to the ground, and a ruff idea of how long it takes, so i can plan my journey, thanks!

Last edited:
does anyone know how far it is to walk from new st to snowhill train station and the directions? Also the directions from hawthorns train station to the ground, and a ruff idea of how long it takes, so i can plan my journey, thanks!

New Street to Snow Hill is about ½ a mile, but allow at least 20 minutes because the streets will be busy. See the map. As you come through the barriers out of the station, look for a set of escalators in front of you. At the top of the escalators, turn left and continue in that direction until you leave the shopping centre. Soon after you reach the street, you will cross New Street and carry on up the hill (Corporation Steet). Turning left, right and then left again from Corporation Street will bring you into Colmore Row where you will find the entrance to Snow Hill station.

The Hawthorns railway station and tram stop is about 300 yards from the ground - follow the crowds.

Last edited:
Leicester City are advising fans to plan their journey to West Bromwich Albion with care on Saturday.

Roadworks on the M6, which are due to run until December, could result in increased travel times on the day of the game.

The Highways Agency have contacted the club to advise that resurfacing work continues on the motorway in and around the Birmingham area on two separate section of the road.

Leicester City are advising fans to plan their journey to West Bromwich Albion with care on Saturday.

Roadworks on the M6, which are due to run until December, could result in increased travel times on the day of the game.

The Highways Agency have contacted the club to advise that resurfacing work continues on the motorway in and around the Birmingham area on two separate section of the road.

It should be pointed out that these road works will not only affect fans travelling from Leicester but also those travelling from the M6 North where there are works between J9 and J8. This means you, PFKAetc!!

It should be pointed out that these road works will not only affect fans travelling from Leicester but also those travelling from the M6 North where there are works between J9 and J8. This means you, PFKAetc!!

He didn't go the lightweight....................:018:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570