Pre Match West Ham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veste(r)gaard in for Big Dan. Onwards.

IF we were to tweak things system-wise I could see Nacho and Soumare coming in for Maddison and Perez. But we played 3 at the back against these before and they battered us. And a 3 of Amartey, Vestergaard and Soyuncu has a sense of the…chaotic.

So 4411 it is.

But we played 3 at the back against these before and they battered us.
That won't stop Rodgers using it unfortunately. It would be great to batter these and lay down a marker for this season but with our similarly threadbare defence (we had amartey in a back 3 for the 3-0 loss last season) I can see us getting trounced on the break again. Just a shame Traore doesn't play for them.

Stick with the same system.

Vestergaard in for Amartey.

Bertrand back in if he's fit/allowed to play yet?

We owe these pricks from last season.

I think they were the only team to do the double over us. We defended like amateurs both matches. They roughed us up and we had nothing.

So get the height and physical edge and earn the win that way. Lightweight shites like Maddison and Perez should be benched.

Schmeichel

Bertrand
Vestergaard
Soyuncu
Ricardo

Ndidi
Tielemans
Soumare

Barnes
Vardy
Daka

Ooh I like the look of that.

I'd have Nacho in for Daka atm though, he's earned that place for now. Unless you're suggesting Daka on the wing?

They won the World Cup, you know, and play the West Ham way

We’ll stick it right up there Jacksie

It’ll take a solid central midfield four of Ndidi, Soumare, Choudhury and Mendy to keep Sir Declan Rice quiet.

Ooh I like the look of that.

I'd have Nacho in for Daka atm though, he's earned that place for now. Unless you're suggesting Daka on the wing?
Yes that's a good call.

Back in April, this was the game that was disrupted by Maddison, Perez and Choudhury being left out because they'd been twats at that party.

I've still not forgotten.

You and me both

It was the reason we didn't get CL football

You and me both

It was the reason we didn't get CL football
Yep let’s forget the drubbing against Newcastle…the loss against a PE teacher manager at the end of the season etc etc

The WH debacle set those up

would love to see 3-5-2 with Perez replaced by anyone has a physique bigger than 14 year old, why he has not been told to bulk up is beyond me, Nacho and Vardy played really well together towards the end of last season imo.

West Ham area gnarly side and this is a tough game, hopefully we get 3 points at the end of it and we can carry some momentum into the next 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566