Pre Match West Ham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparky has a point but any manager who doesn’t start his star striker and then loses is on his way out of the door (bar injuries and so forth).

You ALWAYS have to start with your best 11 for that game and then adapt to what happens, never the other way round.

I might understand this conversation if we were in the middle of the Xmas fixture logjam, but it’s the second game of the season and the first 2 games are 9 days apart. It shouldn’t even be a discussion.

I might understand this conversation if we were in the middle of the Xmas fixture logjam, but it’s the second game of the season and the first 2 games are 9 days apart. It shouldn’t even be a discussion.
It isn’t. Well, it wasn’t, but it is now.

At this point of the season it would make as much sense to drop Kasper for Ward. I don’t think we’ll see much of Daka in the league until the second half of the season and then BOOOM.

All the top four teams rotate almost every match. They will very rarely go with an unchanged side.

Hence, we're usually dying on our arses in the run in whilst they're fine.

We must get away from the idea that a settled side is good. We battered three players last season (Barnes, Justin and Tielemans). The first two had their seasons ruined and the last one was a shadow of himself at the Euros.

If you have good players on your bench, use the feckers. Vardy shouldn't be playing twice a week this season.

All the top four teams rotate almost every match. They will very rarely go with an unchanged side.

We must get away from the idea that a settled side is good. We battered three players last season (Barnes, Justin and Tielemans). The first two had their seasons ruined and the last one was a shadow of himself at the Euros.

If you have good players on your bench, use the feckers. Vardy shouldn't be playing twice a week this season.
I agree. Luckily, this won't be twice a week.

Head-to-head

• West Ham were the only team to do the Premier League double over Leicester last season. Those victories were the Hammers' sole league wins in matches against sides who finished above them in the table.
  • The Hammers are looking to record three consecutive league wins over the Foxes for the first time since they won their first four Premier League games against them between November 1994 and April 1997.
  • Leicester have kept a clean sheet in just three of their 28 Premier League games against West Ham.
West Ham United

• West Ham are aiming to win their opening two fixtures of a Premier League campaign for only the second time, having done so in the 1997-98 season.
  • The Hammers have lost their opening top-flight home fixture in each of the last three seasons, scoring once and conceding nine times in these matches.
  • This is West Ham's 84th Premier League game on a Monday, five more than any other club. They have won their last four league matches on Monday and won five in total last season.
  • Since David Moyes returned for his second spell in charge of West Ham they have scored 94 goals in 58 Premier League fixtures - only Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea have scored more in that period.
  • Michail Antonio has scored in each of his last two league starts against Leicester.
Leicester City

• Leicester's total of 38 Premier League away points last season was bettered only by Manchester City (45) and Manchester United (43).
  • The Foxes have only won their opening away match in four of their 15 Premier League seasons, including victories against West Ham in 2000-01 and 2015-16.
  • Leicester have won just one of their 14 Premier League away games on a Monday.
  • Jamie Vardy has 119 top-flight goals, and is one short of moving joint-18th alongside Steven Gerrard in the all-time Premier League goalscorers list.

There was once a team that won the league with the least amount of changes.

Vestergaard out with injury picked up in training according to the Athletic.

**** me, think we might need to have a look at what we are doing in training. We seem to lose more players in training than in games.

That's a shame as I can imagine West Ham's front 3 will look to bully Amartey and expose him.

I think we could see Soumare come in to the midfield for Maddison or Perez.

This is going to be a real tough match tonight as they'll be well up for it being their first home game back with fans and they're a dangerous team going forward too.

Vestergaard out with injury picked up in training according to the Athletic.
Boris Johnson would have been pressured into making an emergency statement by now if Liverpool or Man U had this kind of run of injuries.

Likely to see a non match fit Castagne replace a non match fit Vestergaard on the bench.

Given our defensive absentees, I think it's remarkable that we're putting as strong a defence out as we will.

Ricardo and Soyuncu would be there anyway. Thomas doesn't let anyone down. It's just Amartey.

The real trouble would come if we ever had all our defenders available. That would be disastrous. It's a relief that we appear to be incapable of looking after our players nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566