Pre Match West Ham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems that way, I agree, but I can't remember him making a mistake that actually led to a goal.

He was very, very lucky that Traore couldn't finish. That being said, as a pure defender he isn't too bad, it's just when he is given the ball and has to something with it that the problems occur and with the way we play that is not good.

Our best way to beat West Ham is to go 343 I think and hit them with pace and better finishing.

Schmeichel
Amartey Soyuncu Vestergaard
Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne
Daka Iheanacho Barnes

I'd start with this team and introduce Vardy, Soumare, Maddison or Albrighton as needed.

Our best way to beat West Ham is to go 343 I think and hit them with pace and better finishing.

Schmeichel
Daka Iheanacho Barnes

I'd start with this team and introduce Vardy, Soumare, Maddison or Albrighton as needed.
**** me.
Obviously “hit them with pace and better finishing”, then put a slower more unpredictable striker in, rather than the quick clever one that bagged last week.
Glad you’re not Brendan.

Schmeichel
Daka Iheanacho Barnes

Mate.....

He's said he's going to play his full squad.
id doubt he's going 2 at the back with Antonio who always bosses us (played 3 last year).
If he starts 4231 and we get dicked first half everyone will be saying we should have played 3 at the back.

He's said he's going to play his full squad.
id doubt he's going 2 at the back with Antonio who always bosses us (played 3 last year).
If he starts 4231 and we get dicked first half everyone will be saying we should have played 3 at the back.
Not much of a reason though, sparky. If we’re getting dicked at half time, whatever set up we play, it’ll be said that we should have done something else. That argument can be applied to anything we do.

Not much of a reason though, sparky. If we’re getting dicked at half time, whatever set up we play, it’ll be said that we should have done something else. That argument can be applied to anything we do.
totally. in this instance, I think that if we play any 4231 combo we will be being dicked at half time. So I think we should go 343 with the chance to save vardy for later in the game. Apparently that is mental despite the 3 forwards I'm proposing being worth about £120m between them and having 60 odd goals between them last season.

totally. in this instance, I think that if we play any 4231 combo we will be being dicked at half time. So I think we should go 343 with the chance to save vardy for later in the game. Apparently that is mental despite the 3 forwards I'm proposing being worth about £120m between them and having 60 odd goals between them last season.
Having had a fair old break since our last game, there’s absolutely sod all chance that Vardy doesn’t start the game (barring injury), so it’s really not even worth suggesting.

West Ham are shit.

this is great groundwork for the inevitable shitstorm of comments saying how shit our back four was and how a front three of maddison vardy Barnes isn't physical enough after the game on Monday!!

I know, let's drop the bloke who was outstanding in our last game. Good idea.

The one who scored the ludicrously skillful goal that only a handful of players in the league would even think to try, let alone execute?

yep.
Yes that one, drop the old duffer!

it's not dropping. I think we have to get used to the idea of having multiple starting XI options.

Sparky isn't completely wrong...

Vardy's minutes will definitely be managed more this season, and Rodgers said as much yesterday, saying that we hadn't been able to rest Vardy as much as we'd like.

However the 2nd game of the season when we've had 8 days between games and 5 days until the next one, which in theory is an easier game anyway, isn't the time that will happen

Of course Vardy will start, and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566