What the Filbert does Claudio do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as easy as it sounds. Most of the older players have got big new contracts, they won't want to take a pay cut to move to another club, and no one else will pay them what they're on now based on current form.

Spot on. The club over rewarded players and built up a potential problem should they fail to continue to generate high level income. Obviously, this is apart from presumably never factoring in the possibility of instant relegation. Similarly last year's key men are currently devalued because of sustained poorish performances. Vardy would be lucky to get a move to the likes of Crystal Palace and can forget the big clubs. Mahrez is younger and better and there may be big clubs who are prepared to pay big bucks.

This was inevitable really, wasn't it? At least if we'd have sold some assets in the summer the expectations would have been tempered, Southampton know how to do that. Unfortunately, and with hindsight we rewarded everyone to the level of removing incentive.

Ranieri has compounded this by sticking with a team of untouchables, waiting for them to fire, well guess what? They haven't and they won't. It's gone too far for me already but when when will he start asking questions? When does Musa start instead of Vardy? When does Gray start instead of Mahrez? When does Ranieri start questioning desire? Because that's the issue here.

Musa is way of the pace for this league. When he gets the ball he needs too much time and loses it.

Musa is way of the pace for this league. When he gets the ball he needs too much time and loses it.

Played better than Vardy this season in the few chances he's had and he puts in the effort.

He puts in the effort and I would consider him in vardys position, but not as a winger where claudio keeps playing him.

Yes, you can drop players... if you have players to replace them with. As I say, we're not blessed with options. I don't like talking about individual players but generally speaking I don't think any one individual is at fault here, there's under performance all over. Swapping out player x for player y is not the answer, IMHO.

With regard to older (legacy) players then - worst comes to worst - they stay on the payroll (with all its FFP implications) but they get sidelined and/or no squad number. The club is more than one player. But I don't think it'd come to that. We're not a club in meltdown, just one in a situation that needs to be managed. Some decent Jan signings and we'll be fine (= stay up)

We'll stay up whether we get decent signings or not. No matter what some of you say there are more than 3 teams that will finish below us.

We'll stay up whether we get decent signings or not. No matter what some of you say there are more than 3 teams that will finish below us.

We lost to what should be the worst team in the league yesterday. we have taken their crown. other teams have been seen to be too good to go down and sealed their fate. If we persist with players who don't want to play for us then we're ****ed.

there are more than 3 teams that will finish below us.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't watch other teams as a rule so I can't comment, but I hope (and think) you're right. All I know is that people have said that we'll take points from certain teams and we haven't.

But it's all kinda moot. We looked decent enough 1st half yesterday but then fell apart. That's the problem IMO. At the moment, we look like a team that panics and doesn't think it can win.

We lost to what should be the worst team in the league yesterday. we have taken their crown. other teams have been seen to be too good to go down and sealed their fate. If we persist with players who don't want to play for us then we're ****ed.

Exactly ****ing right. Sunderland have been dogshit for 4 seasons & yet managed to scrape survival every time while so-called better sides have gone down. They're the new Wigan.
Them winning 2 out of 3 means **** all, it's just another false dawn to add to the half dozen or so they've had in recent seasons. Their other win was against Hull who are equally shit. Hull have beaten us as well. Time to accept that currently we are actually that bad. The first step to solving a problem has always been accepting that there is a problem. I think too many at the club & some people on here too haven't yet reached that vital point. Well it's past time. We have been beaten by shite. Before that we rescued a lucky point against shite (Boro are no better than Hull or Sunderland) Our last win was against Palace who up until yesterday were utter shite. Last week they conceded 5 to the worst pile of shite in the league)

If you put all of that data into a mathematical equation the inescapable conclusion would be stark & simple...WE are shite.

So we ****ing change it. Vardy should be nowhere near the team. Musa should play up front not wide. How can we spend big money on a player & then continue not to pick him when the guy he would replace contributes **** all every single week? What message does that send for **** sake? Same goes for Hernandez. Bought in as defensive cover & sees the defence be complete ****ing bollocks every single game yet never gets picked. What the actual ****?

Morgan out Hernandez in, Vardy out Musa in,Okazaki behind him & Slimani to work his bollocks off linking with midfield.

Then pray that The Invisible Mendy actually exists & is actually any good.

& exactly how crap must the Polish kid be to not be getting a game in that midfield? Throw him in for **** sake. He'll bring a bit of hunger at the very least. It's reached that point now surely? & if /when Chilwell is fit same goes. Fuchs is starting to really **** me off. Piss off to the NFL. I didn't want to buy your crap t-shirts even when we were top of the league. I'd even play Schlupp there at the minute.

Then, in January make the purchase of an absolute complete & total **** of a defensive midfielder the N01 priority. Break the bank if needed. One of those types that opposition fans boo when the team gets read out. Before he's even kicked a ball. But hopefully just about manages to avoid a red card.

Emergency surgery required. Stop denying the obvious.

Some over emotional posts here. ;)

Could not agree more CR has suffered as a result of Mendy being injured and some key signings being turned off last minute. The simple truth is we are losing games because of the centre midfield when Mendy is fit and some signings come in January we will move towards a more respectable position.

A top 8 is achievable when is DD available?

Wishful thinking and pure guesswork there. The stats show that we're the worst all round team in the league so far and have actually overachieved in terms of points return from performances given.

On current form, only Swansea compare with us. I remain hopeful that we'll finish above them and Hull. I'm really struggling to see a third side we're likely to be worse than unless we massively improve.

And I would be happy to see Gray getting more match time. I beleive he will prove to be better than Mahrez.

If what I hear is true, especially re: his comments on social media, he believes he is already a superstar.

Still, at least we are in no danger of taking that Derby County record so it's not all bad :)

I would play Gray now.

Mahrez is struggling as a result of having 3 men on him at all times, if we play with another winger who can cause damage then the opposition will have no choice but to apply some pressure a bit more evenly rather than the 1 man that is currently needed to stop Albrighton cutting onto his right foot.

Let's try and win a game rather than try not to lose one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566