Where are the big signings?

Are more signings needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicesterfan

:tumbleweed:

Where's the signings that are going to help us do well in the Championship???

All the signings so far don't impress me and the longer it goes without it I would say currently we're going to have a squad that will be bottom half standard.

I was hoping we would have snapped up some of the Reading released players or some proper quality.

All the signings so far don't impress me and the longer it goes without it I would say currently we're going to have a squad that will be bottom half standard.

I was hoping we would have snapped up some of the Reading released players or some proper quality.

Patience is a virtue. It is not even June yet and we have only just found out who will be in which division. :icon_wink

Brown, Hobbs and Neilson - good signings and least he is working on the defence, he is starting from the back and moving forward.

There is plently of time left - Midfield next and then the forwards, we know that NP will have this summer signings done by the time pre-season starts so they can blend in early

More signings are needed, but it would be ridiculous to start getting disappointed or at all concerned at this moment in time.

Most of us have no idea how good Nielson will be, and for all we know he could be one of the top 3 right backs in the Championship next year.

Brown is a very solid back up signing for centre back next year IMO.

Hobbs could certainly be concerned a 'big signing' although we don't perceive him to be, seen as we've watched him play for a year, and he doesn't have that 'new signing' value to the fans.

As for Weale, again, I've never seen him play, but if the astute approach that Pearson and Walsh have taken is anything to go by, then I'm sure he will be good for us, or at least has the potential to be good for us.

Too right

If we don't have a big name signing in by Monday then Pearson should go, and take his feckless and clearly incompetent back-up staff with him

We're as good as down already

Steady on people ffs....people are allowed a holiday too you know? Me,I'm popping down to Brighton for a few days to meet up with my friends Tarquin and Cuthbert,might even get some bum fun

Happy Holiday Alex.....:icon_conf

Here we go again!

So players that weren't deemed good enough for a title chasing championship team in other words?

So you are not impressed with Hobbs? Stupid thread.

It's all very well and good to mock but where are they, Lako, where are they ???

When you put it like that Homer it is bloody worrying, Im heading down the Walkers now to ask some questions, hopefully the security booth operator will be able to shed some light.

'Tis the season to be mongie tra la la la la ... la la la la.

Apart from disagree with your sentiment, let's get some reality here.

The only players City can only be in position to announce are freebies on pre-contract agreements because they are set in stone, most clubs are now shut up shop until July with players and agents on holiday, so you can rule out signing any players from clubs because deals could fall through or not be completed.

Pearson is probably on his hols for all we know.

Secondarily, look at all the signings announced elsewhere in the division. They are either freebies, players who have already been on loan at the club before signing or players from teams in admin. No other team is securing deals for players from other clubs. :icon_roll

Finally, the players Reading have released aren't quality. Lita is a mardy git ala Campbell, the Yank in goal has been poor for the past two season and Duberry's yesterday man. If we really wanna give it a go, why sign these past failures in the division. At Premiership level, these three were not Reading's top players.

Apart from disagree with your sentiment, let's get some reality here.

The only players City can only be in position to announce are freebies on pre-contract agreements because they are set in stone, most clubs are now shut up shop until July with players and agents on holiday, so you can rule out signing any players from clubs because deals could fall through or not be completed.

Pearson is probably on his hols for all we know.

Secondarily, look at all the signings announced elsewhere in the division. They are either freebies, players who have already been on loan at the club before signing or players from teams in admin. No other team is securing deals for players from other clubs. :icon_roll

Excellent post.
People are understandably impatient/excited and want to see the 'big signings' (in LCFC/fizzy terms) immediately, but we are all just going to have to learn to wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566