Where are the big signings?

Are more signings needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd play Rivaldo just behind Tevez, thus leaving the midfield free for the dream pairing of Joey B and Joey G! (Umbongo will have to be pushed out to the wing, obviously)

You're dreaming....

Umbongo would never come to a club like Leicester...

Exactamundo, good post. The last thing we want is another Martin Allen style summer where anyone and everyone gets signed just because they're available.

Be fair to Martin Allen he did give hope to the hopeless. He realised that good players did not need Leicester City to sign them since they would get clubs anyway. Martin Allen realised that a footballer may lack talent, application and fitness but that was no reason why he should not play for Leicester City.
Nigel Pearson and Steve Walsh have adopted a distressingly elitist policy - they discriminate against players who are no good.

I think we definetly need a few quality signings if we are to do well next season but it's only June so I wouldn't worry just yet. It is bloody boring though!

NP had the good judgement to assemble a side to get out of the third division and I would think that he knows enough to judge who he needs for the second tier.

But I can't imagine that Milan is up for spending a fortune and 'big signings' tend to mean loads of money on over the hill players who don't really want to play for Leicester anyway.

i want to be nursing a semi by the time next week is over - having signed 5 "Quality" players

I think we definetly need a few quality signings if we are to do well next season but it's only June so I wouldn't worry just yet. It is bloody boring though!

Just enjoy the sun and the Twenty20 cricket. Football will soon be here again with the on-off Ronaldo story boring us again for 4 weeks.

And there are always international matches against Kazakshtan and Andorra to wet the appetitie :icon_roll

let's face it... MM is a business man..did any one really think that he would open the checkbook( if they still have them these day?) and it would be spend,spend,spend? Look at what the last two managers have spent his money on? Also There has always been two other main problems in attracting players to Leicester. 1. Wages and 2. it's location (ie not london).

Much as i would love to loads of new signings. I think will be a case of see what happen in the first few games...

Anyway It's seems that the game changed..it's all loaning players these days

And ofcourse money does not allways bring success...The SHEEPSHAGGERS can vouch for that!

let's face it... MM is a business man..did any one really think that he would open the checkbook( if they still have them these day?) and it would be spend,spend,spend? Look at what the last two managers have spent his money on? Also There has always been two other main problems in attracting players to Leicester. 1. Wages and 2. it's location (ie not london).

Much as i would love to loads of new signings. I think will be a case of see what happen in the first few games...

Anyway It's seems that the game changed..it's all loaning players these days

And ofcourse money does not allways bring success...The SHEEPSHAGGERS can vouch for that!

Are you joking?! MM is notorious for dishing out lengthy high-wage contracts! Look at Campbell, look at Dickov - 2 prime examples that Milan even hands out fat contracts to no hopers!

Where are the big signings? I need to know. Someone tell me or I'm going to kill an old lady. I'm not ****ing messing. Tell me.

Too late. Mother****ers. The old bird's dead. Now how do you feel? Maybe you'll speak up a bit quicker next time, now you've got to live a lifetime of guilt because you caused the death of an innocent grandma. Heartless bastards.

Too late. Mother****ers. The old bird's dead. Now how do you feel? Maybe you'll speak up a bit quicker next time, now you've got to live a lifetime of guilt because you caused the death of an innocent grandma. Heartless bastards.

Whoaaaa:icon_eek:

:)

Last edited:
OMFG it's June now and still no big-name signings. Sack Pearson now before he gets us relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669