Where are the big signings?

Are more signings needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they here yet ?

Yes, I have just seen a taxi pull up outside the walkers and guess who got out.....Kaka out of the front, and out of the back Messi, Ronaldo and Ribery. Oh and out of the boot came Andy Impey. Not saying these will sign but I did see them.

Just enjoy the sun and the Twenty20 cricket. Football will soon be here again with the on-off Ronaldo story boring us again for 4 weeks.

And there are always international matches against Kazakshtan and Andorra to wet the appetitie :icon_roll

Wet the appetitie? Why would you want to wet your appetitie? Is your appetitie to dry?

I would much prefer to whet my appetite.

Apart from disagree with your sentiment, let's get some reality here.

The only players City can only be in position to announce are freebies on pre-contract agreements because they are set in stone, most clubs are now shut up shop until July with players and agents on holiday, so you can rule out signing any players from clubs because deals could fall through or not be completed.

Pearson is probably on his hols for all we know.

Secondarily, look at all the signings announced elsewhere in the division. They are either freebies, players who have already been on loan at the club before signing or players from teams in admin. No other team is securing deals for players from other clubs. :icon_roll

Finally, the players Reading have released aren't quality. Lita is a mardy git ala Campbell, the Yank in goal has been poor for the past two season and Duberry's yesterday man. If we really wanna give it a go, why sign these past failures in the division. At Premiership level, these three were not Reading's top players.

How come we had a bid for simon cox turned down....when knowing we cannot sign him until july?

How come we had a bid for simon cox turned down....when knowing we cannot sign him until july?

Because we could sign him before July?

Hazzman was talking bollocks when he said no other transfers could happen.

Just look at last season, we sold McAuley, Stearman and Hume in June.

Transfers can and do happen before July, the only reason July is significant is because a lot of contracts finish at the end of June and clubs start pre-season then.

Clubs will continue to try to sign players while the manager/players are on holiday, it's not like it used to be when people couldn't be contacted when they were away.

You have a valid point as does Jeff but generally transfers do not happen in May or early June. I just sampled a few reasons...it's been known for clubs to even hold back signing announcements to give themselves a season ticket boost at an appropriate time in the Summer.

Danny NGuissen looks like signing next week I cant see any more signings till later on in the month then

Danny NGuissen looks like signing next week I cant see any more signings till later on in the month then

Any useful free agents knocking around at the Job Centre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669