Post Match Wigan 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how we didn't lose, very pleased we didn't though, unlike Brown Nose.

Tuned in to stream at 9.27. We score and then dominate. God knows what you lot been moaning about. We looked excellent to me.

I think that's a superb result. We weren't at our best but it was a bonus game and the selection suggested that Pearson thought so too. Key players rested for the game on Friday night and a result which sets us up to win promotion with two home wins.

Wigan looked a good side to me. If they had been managed properly earlier in the season and didn't have the Europa League to contend with I suspect they'd be title challengers. But they weren't, they did, and they're not.

Twenty unbeaten with arguably our two toughest remaining games out of the way. Perhaps Alan Young wasn't so silly after all....

Totally deserved to lose this one. Sloppy all over the pitch and in my eyes was a performance showing the lack of match fitness. Worst performance I have seen for a while (I missed the Yeovil game so can't compare).

I could go into individual criticisms but it's 4:30am and I'm going to go to bed.

Positive side, well taken goals and the unbeaten run goes on.

(Edit: I read that back and it doesn't mean to be as aggressive as it sounds)

Last edited:
I'll take that. Wigan are a decent side so to go there and make six changes and still come away with a point is a good night's work. Would like to see us go back to first choice 11 on Friday though. Maybe stick Konch back in at LB as he had a good game today and Schlupp was a bit iffy at times against Brighton...

We were immense towards the end, especially little Riad, we looked a bit lazy and our passing was shit before then.

****ing good draw.

Incredible. We don't know when we are beaten. Thought Morgan, Moore and De Laet were good. Knockaert again worked his socks off but the rest were a bit average. I think Mahrez looks absolute quality (potentially better than Knocky) and GTF is a very very good player. If he was ten years younger and could run he would be top drawer.

I'll take that. Wigan are a decent side so to go there and make six changes and still come away with a point is a good night's work. Would like to see us go back to first choice 11 on Friday though. Maybe stick Konch back in at LB as he had a good game today and Schlupp was a bit iffy at times against Brighton...
Can't remember that. Last game we lost, wasn't it?

Anyone watch it? I had to follow the commentary on the iPhone app at work, not ideal. Good to come back twice, and Wigan are a good side so no shame in a draw. Is that fair?

In one way draws are always two points lost but you really have to praise the character and attitude of the current squad. No matter how badly we are playing we just don't accept defeat. They may only have added 1 point each to our total but late equalisers against Watford and Yeovil and again tonight really have been key for us. The players and the management deserve great credit for this.

Thats the 2nd leg of the play-offs at the KP secured then.....

Very nice result given the circumstances. Too many changes tonight imo. Thought 2 or 3 was all that was needed. Lets pee around when the jobs done.....i want that title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566