Post Match Wigan 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 games unbeaten in the Championship very impressive. 'It would be nice' to keep it going for the rest of the season.

It's undoubtedly a remarkable run of results. Consider, for example, that when we began it in mid December we were six points clear of Leeds with both sides in the top six. Tonight, we're thirty nine points clear of them.

It's undoubtedly a remarkable run of results. Consider, for example, that when we began it in mid December we were six points clear of Leeds with both sides in the top six. Tonight, we're thirty nine points clear of them.

When you put it like that, it's pretty amazing.

Lets not forgt that they also made six changes. They have a deeper squad than us with just as much quality, if not more. (As was clear from their bench)

Only last week they brought in collison on loan from whu. They still have much to play for this season so they are not on the verge of party time. we need to be professional on Friday night, let qpr and the sheep bottle it on Saturday and then next Tuesday evening is fancy dress down the KP!

Against 'Boro? That must just been to get Wellens off the mark rather than see every single used outfielder score, because Ryan McGivern and Robbie Neilson sure as hell didn't score that season.

Possibly, I'd managed to forget those two so perhaps Peason had at the time

They have a deeper squad than us with just as much quality, if not more. (As was clear from their bench)

I don't agree with that. I think the quality on our bench was as good if not better than theirs.

Seriously? GTF and super kev. Whilst kev is good for a cameo 20 mins, the two of them can hardly be compared with those on the Wigan bench.

It's all about opinions but I'd take either of them ahead of Fortune. I'd definitely take Drinkwater ahead of McEachran and Miguel over Barnett and Mahrez over McManaman.

I went to this one (based in Preston)

We in no way deserved anything. Thought Wigan looked very convincing, our defending from set pieces was woeful, and can someone track down the dyer we had at the start of the season? Think he's been kidnapped and replaced with a shit one.

Mahrez worked hard when he came on, Hammond scored but created nothing, and wood seems to have flashes. Worth a mention I think is that Nuge made some good runs that his midfield didn't see.

But, onwards and upwards. Champions get points from games where they are crap. And that's what we did.

Seemed from the radio that Walshy got a decent reception from the Wigan lot at half time. Was that the case?

Yep. His presence went down quite well.

Thought the Wigan fans generally were some of the better that I've seen this season. Then, I've only seen Blackburn and Barnsley. And they had very little to shout about.

We now need to win all the remaining games to beat the Reading points record....

Just back from the game..... phew we got out of jail tonight. it was a very dodgy decision imo to change the side so dramatically against a strong side like Wigan (who also had a few reserves playing btw), but it ended ok, we could so easily have lost this game , there was no team pattern and the defensive changes made us vulnerable from set pieces (although Moore had a great game), Hammond was competative composed, steady and scored a neat header Mahrez looked dangerous when he game on, Dyer was dire and i cant believe he played the full 90 minutes. Nuge looked tired, Wood looked a shadow of the player i saw on Saturday. But a great point and one step nearer

This season pretty much everyone has played their part when called upon.Even those who rarely feature have made a vital contribution when needed. With this in mind...here's a toast to tonight's scorers.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Wasyl scores before now and the end of the season, that's pretty much every outfield player scored this season? Only Waghorn and Whitbread alongside Wasyl have played for us but not scored off memory.

Danns and Bakayogo made a fleeting appearance each early in the season, but I get your point. Every outfield player who has played more than a couple of games, other than Wasilewski has scored. Would be good to see Wasyl bag one before the end of the season.

Anyone else experiencing problems with opening Player in the Football League App? It keeps closing down the App every time I try opening Player. Started yesterday.

Could probably have put this in a thread in the Techie section but I'm waiting for the highlights from yesterdays game so.....

I never thought I'd see us do 20 unbeaten ever again when we did in League One. Yet, 4 years later and here we are...

I never thought I'd see us do 20 unbeaten ever again when we did in League One. Yet, 4 years later and here we are...
Continue that progression and in 4 years time we will.....

Sky is the limit! :icon_wink

Away from home against a rather good team and it sounds like we got away with it. Brilliant stuff! Looks like my decision to stay over in Leicester for the Brigton game might have been a good choice methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566