Post Match Wigan 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good away point against a very decent side............Top of the league v Cup holders..........had to be a treat really, didn´t it?

Good result. Bit like the Forest point. It's extended the lead to a three game turn around.

I would personally be disappointed if this team given the performances this season didn't get the club unbeaten record.

Nige on RL;

- Feels positive because he thought the changes worked.

- Thought Wigan were very good.

- Dealt well with the setbacks, good delivery on set pieces rather than bad defending.

- 'Character, fitness, desire, belief in each other' the reasons for so many late goals.

- Comparing the side to when he first returned, better technically but also in terms of 'human qualities'

- Hammond took a 'good booking' despite them scoring from the resulting free kick.

- Very positive about Hammond and King.

- 20 games unbeaten in the Championship very impressive. 'It would be nice' to keep it going for the rest of the season.

- Says he isn't too bothered about discussing points totals, he just wants as many as possible

He sounded incredibly upbeat and chirpy.

A crazy game. Our midfield was poor, and they were the better team apart from the last five minutes. Poor defending for both of their goals.

But bollocks to the performance - a point away to an in form Wigan is feckin' great result, considering we made six changes

I've said it before - this is a season of future legendary status

We were lucky that Ben Watson and Chris McCann were injured or clearly we would have lost.

Really good point for us imo and just shows why we are the champions.

I don't think we played as bad as some are making out, it wasn't our best but Wigan were very good on the night and really do have one of the best teams in the league so a point away with 6 changes is good.

We looked rustier than before but expected given the players that came in. King and Hammond struggled against a 3-man midfield but I think they did OK and to both score, well it can't have been too bad.

Defence looked pretty good even though they did probably create more chances than anyone else we've played but we're never going to have a complete shut out, especially against one of the top teams, and most of Kasper's saves were fairly comfortable.

Dyer was quiet but did show burst of what he can offer. Nuge and Wood were quiet but didn't have much to work from though Nuge could have poss done better with one or two early on.

All in all, a good point and fantastic character to stick at it and come back a second time.

Win on Friday, QPR lose to Bournemouth and Derby fluff it yet again and jobs a good 'un.

Nige on RL;

- Feels positive because he thought the changes worked.

- Thought Wigan were very good.

- Dealt well with the setbacks, good delivery on set pieces rather than bad defending.

- 'Character, fitness, desire, belief in each other' the reasons for so many late goals.

- Comparing the side to when he first returned, better technically but also in terms of 'human qualities'

- Hammond took a 'good booking' despite them scoring from the resulting free kick.

- Very positive about Hammond and King.

- 20 games unbeaten in the Championship very impressive. 'It would be nice' to keep it going for the rest of the season.

- Says he isn't too bothered about discussing points totals, he just wants as many as possible

He sounded incredibly upbeat and chirpy.

Well who's going to moan about a team 7 points clear at the top, unbeaten in 20, and just played two of the top 5 teams in the league back to back?

If Wasyl scores before now and the end of the season, that's pretty much every outfield player scored this season? Only Waghorn and Whitbread alongside Wasyl have played for us but not scored off memory.

I don't think it was intended for the camera.

I know that. It was to the stands for whoever was there.
But as the camera was focusing on him and following him, without even showing what the players were doing, for what seemed like quite a while, it looked for a moment like he was doing it just for us fans at home.:icon_wink

Last edited:
If Wasyl scores before now and the end of the season, that's pretty much every outfield player scored this season? Only Waghorn and Whitbread alongside Wasyl have played for us but not scored off memory.

I was talking about this with my dad after the Yeovil game. Hammond and Wasyl were the only two we could think of. Chelsea managed it a few years ago when they walked the league under Mourinho. The only player left not to score in the final game was Makelele, and they gave him a penalty which was saved by the 'keeper but he tackled the rebound into the net. Summed him up really.

I was talking about this with my dad after the Yeovil game. Hammond and Wasyl were the only two we could think of. Chelsea managed it a few years ago when they walked the league under Mourinho. The only player left not to score in the final game was Makelele, and they gave him a penalty which was saved by the 'keeper but he tackled the rebound into the net. Summed him up really.

We did the same during Nige's last stint I think? Wellens took a pen, pretty sure everyone else had scored that season.

We did the same during Nige's last stint I think? Wellens took a pen, pretty sure everyone else had scored that season.

Against 'Boro? That must just been to get Wellens off the mark rather than see every single used outfielder score, because Ryan McGivern and Robbie Neilson sure as hell didn't score that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566