Wii Mario Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: wii mario cart

How much is it to start playing online?

P.S I have got this game and it is quality. We played a drinking game to it the other night, the position you finish is how many fingers you have to drink. I messed up one one game and ended up downing my whole bottle of beer :)

Last edited:

How much is it to start playing online?

P.S I have got this game and it is quality. We played a drinking game to it the other night, the position you finish is how many fingers you have to drink. I messed up one one game and ended up downing my whole bottle of beer :)

If you have a wireless internet connection you dont pay anything!

Just go into you wii settings and connect to you wireless (or your neighbours if its not encrypted) and then go away and play!

Last edited:

If you have a wireless internet connection you dont pay anything!

Just go into you wii settings and connect to you wireless (or your neighbours if its not encrypted) and then go away and play!

Cool, I will try it tonight!

unlocked the mirror courses yesterday, it's like having 32 new courses!
and dry bowser who is even noisier than normal bowser.

unlocked the mirror courses yesterday, it's like having 32 new courses!
and dry bowser who is even noisier than normal bowser.

What do you mean unlocked? I can play the mirror courses online. Can you unlock them in the game as well? What do you have to do to get them?

What do you mean unlocked? I can play the mirror courses online. Can you unlock them in the game as well? What do you have to do to get them?
play the grand prix in 1 player mode, get a gold cup in all races in 50, 100 & 150cc catagories and you will unlock all mirror courses.
i'm sure something will be unlocked when cups are won in these too.

Out of interest if I was to connect to one of my neighbours wifi connections would they be able to tell if I was connected?

Out of interest if I was to connect to one of my neighbours wifi connections would they be able to tell if I was connected?

Be warned, they will be able to get your computer name and access any shared areas, if I found someone unwelcome on my network I would certainly have some fun.

Edit: If you are running XP then your entire harddrive is a shared area by default unless you manually change it

Last edited:

Be warned, they will be able to get your computer name and access any shared areas, if I found someone unwelcome on my network I would certainly have some fun.

Edit: If you are running XP then your entire harddrive is a shared area by default unless you manually change it

How can you tell if someone else is connected to your wifi?

If you are running XP then your entire harddrive is a shared area by default unless you manually change it

No it isn't.
They would have to members of the same workgroup as your PC and you would have to manually share any folders for them to see them.

No it isn't.
They would have to members of the same workgroup as your PC and you would have to manually share any folders for them to see them.

my missuses PC is on the same wireless network as me and I can access \\computername\c$ the same as I can if I take my laptop into work and connect to their wireless. I maybe missing something though, just always assumed it was the case.

my missuses PC is on the same wireless network as me and I can access \\computername\c$ the same as I can if I take my laptop into work and connect to their wireless. I maybe missing something though, just always assumed it was the case.

Then somebody must have set her drive to be a hidden share, it isn't set that way by default.

I've just done exactly the same here and the only way I could get it to connect was to manually share the drive using that name. It also defaults to 'C' as the share name when you enable sharing, not C$.

Then somebody must have set her drive to be a hidden share, it isn't set that way by default.

I've just done exactly the same here and the only way I could get it to connect was to manually share the drive using that name. It also defaults to 'C' as the share name when you enable sharing, not C$.

On XP? All the computers at my old place of work were all standard installs and we could do this.

feck off to the geek thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673