Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Nigel Pearson had not left then I guarantee Waghorn would be a regular first team player here.

Instead of being signed for a manager who didn't want him (Sousa) and during a very bad period at the club where several key players lost confidence and form (Morriso, Hobb's etc..). Then he was overshadowed by Sven's big-money signings and had a couple of niggling injuries.

Almost like Vardy except he hasn't been given the change to go full circle.

I just don't see why there are so many excuses made for Waghorn. He is and was never good enough to be a first team player for Leicester.

If Nigel Pearson had not left then I guarantee Waghorn would be a regular first team player here.

Instead of being signed for a manager who didn't want him (Sousa) and during a very bad period at the club where several key players lost confidence and form (Morriso, Hobb's etc..). Then he was overshadowed by Sven's big-money signings and had a couple of niggling injuries.

Well said Kingy and I agree entirely.

The lad needs to move on though as he's never really had a full season playing regularly in his career yet which is the only way players can develop and improve.

Personally, I think he's shown enough glimpses to show he can be a capable player at this level if he can get game time but he is way down the pecking line here so needs to move on if he wants to push on as a player.

Would wish him all the best too.

Well said Kingy and I agree entirely.

The lad needs to move on though as he's never really had a full season playing regularly in his career yet which is the only way players can develop and improve.

Personally, I think he's shown enough glimpses to show he can be a capable player at this level if he can get game time but he is way down the pecking line here so needs to move on if he wants to push on as a player.

Would wish him all the best too.

Yep, agree with all of that.

Think that's a good point. The few times he has had more of a run (when here on loan and Fryatt got injured, and I think just before Christmas last year), he's shown signs that he's got potential.

Unfortunately I don't think we can wait on him any longer, but think he will go and be a decent player in the Championship for someone else - but hopefully we're now beyond that!

The majority on here were happy we signed him after his loan, just baulked at the price we had to pay - unfortunately it's gone downhill since!

Think that's a good point. The few times he has had more of a run (when here on loan and Fryatt got injured, and I think just before Christmas last year), he's shown signs that he's got potential.

Unfortunately I don't think we can wait on him any longer, but think he will go and be a decent player in the Championship for someone else - but hopefully we're now beyond that!

The majority on here were happy we signed him after his loan, just baulked at the price we had to pay - unfortunately it's gone downhill since!

I just get the feeling with Waghorn he's going to end up as one of them players that at the end of his career, you'll look at and say 'he had massive potential and never really did anything with it.'

I just get the feeling with Waghorn he's going to end up as one of them players that at the end of his career, you'll look at and say 'he had massive potential and never really did anything with it.'

A poor mans Julian Joachim.

But he never really had 'massive potential'. Sure, he looked OK while on loan to us but to say he had massive potential is a vast over-exaggeration. if (as I suspect) he goes no higher than the Championship and he drifts down the divisions it won't be a story of what could have been. It will be a story of a playing finding his natural level. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that or criticizing him for it. I'm just being realistic.

But he never really had 'massive potential'. Sure, he looked OK while on loan to us but to say he had massive potential is a vast over-exaggeration. if (as I suspect) he goes no higher than the Championship and he drifts down the divisions it won't be a story of what could have been. It will be a story of a playing finding his natural level. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that or criticizing him for it. I'm just being realistic.
Agree. All of it. Based on what I've seen, since he signed permanently he's shown occasional flashes of adequacy but not much more. His first start after coming back from Hull was the win at Leeds, and he was outstanding. His movement and passing looked well beyond what he'd ever shown for us before. The way he took his goal was very unlike the pre-Hull Waghorn, who would have thumped it as hard as possible and let it go wherever it went. I hoped, in my optimism, that he was a changed man. It seems not.

I remember when there were posts on here comparing Waghorn favourably to Rooney. How times change.

I might have written one of them.

I remember when there were posts on here comparing Waghorn favourably to Rooney. How times change.

I might have written one of them.

Poor Waggy! He's far better looking than Wayne!

What is the point in having a rumours thread if every time there is a new rumour people start a new thread. Shouldn't the Waghorn, Bakayogo, Liam Moore threads etc be all part in this thread?

What is the point in having a rumours thread if every time there is a new rumour people start a new thread. Shouldn't the Waghorn, Bakayogo, Liam Moore threads etc be all part in this thread?

Whoever made this thread (too lazy to look) didn't name it correctly... this is the thread for wild speculation and rumours heard from your best friend's mum's lesbian life partner's organ donor's dog.

Things with a credible source get their own thread.

There haven't been as many wild rumours this window yet though. I hear David Bellion is on his way.

Whoever made this thread (too lazy to look) didn't name it correctly... this is the thread for wild speculation and rumours heard from your best friend's mum's lesbian life partner's organ donor's dog.

Things with a credible source get their own thread.

There haven't been as many wild rumours this window yet though. I hear David Bellion is on his way.

My ex-wife´s cousin´s mother in law knows a waiter at "La petite Auberge" in Le Havre, who reckons it´s a done deal.

A bit like this from page 25 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670