Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit like this from page 25 then?
I'm only on page 10. Can't wait till we get to page 25! Can you summarize the highlights between here and page 25? Always nice to have a look into the future. Oh, and are we top still then???

Last edited:
I'm only on page 10. Can't wait till we get to page 25! Can you summarize the highlights between here and page 25? Always nice to have a look into the future. Oh, and are we top still then???

I'm on page 41, you've got loads of drivel to read to catch up

That wesbite is less reliable than the good old football-rumours.co.uk if that's still alive?

Danny Gabbidon next year anyone:

11:32
We are hearing that a number of clubs are monitoring Daniel Gabbidon's contract situation at Crystal Palace. Wales international Gabbidon is out of contract at the end of the season and Palace have yet to open talks with him about a new deal. The news has alerted a host of clubs to Gabbidon's possible availability. The former West Ham defender has established himself as a key man in Tony Pulis' side, making 22 appearances so far this season and helping shore up Palace's defence. The likes of Norwich, Leicester, Bolton, Blackburn and Ipswich are all thought to keeping tabs on the Palace fans' favourite.

But he never really had 'massive potential'. Sure, he looked OK while on loan to us but to say he had massive potential is a vast over-exaggeration. if (as I suspect) he goes no higher than the Championship and he drifts down the divisions it won't be a story of what could have been. It will be a story of a playing finding his natural level. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that or criticizing him for it. I'm just being realistic.

Yes for sure, 'massive' was a poor choice of words. But you surely can't deny when he signed permanently you weren't happy after his loan stint here? Forget the fee of course, which was too high, but I thought he would have made at least a lower/mid-table Premier League player and probably pop a few in at that level too.

Schlupp off to Fulham along with Moore:

13:18
We're hearing reports that Fulham have made a fresh bid for Leicester City defender Liam Moore and have also made an offer for his team-mate Jeffrey Schlupp. Fulham are in the market for new signings and are also keen on Porto midfielder Steven Defour.

And Kasper off to AC Milan:

13:24
Another Leicester player attracting interest is Kasper Schmeichel and Sky Sports understands AC Milan are keen on the goalkeeper. Milan are understood to have made an approach for Schmeichel, who is out of contract at the end of the season. Milan are looking to sign a new goalkeeper and have previously been linked with Newcastle's No.1 Tim Krul.

If we lose Moore and Schmiechel in the transfer window there will be a few people wondering why....one of whom will be me

Yes for sure, 'massive' was a poor choice of words. But you surely can't deny when he signed permanently you weren't happy after his loan stint here? Forget the fee of course, which was too high, but I thought he would have made at least a lower/mid-table Premier League player and probably pop a few in at that level too.

Also before he signed for us he was in Steve Bruce's plans for Sunderland. Not as a first teamer but most likely involved at the very least.

If he had stated at Sunderland and been used properly he might have blossomed further.

Schmeichel - Depends what the fee is, if it's pittance then might as well keep the lad and let him go free in the summer if he wants as he's integral to our promotion push. This is why it should really be a priority of ours to look for a goalkeeper. Even if he stays we still could use cover for him.

Moore and Schlupp - if the fee is attractive enough I'd strongly consider letting them both go personally. The issue for me is, do we have adequate cover or be able to get adequate cover before the window closes?

Milan could tie Kasper up on a pre-contract already.

Could understand it if he did go but would still be pretty gutted as he showed his worth yet again in the Leeds game. Certainly not seen a better LCFC keeper at stopping one on one chances!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669