Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

M17TT C

I've never seen a better keeper (bare in mind I'm only 28).

Same here bud, 28 here and was tempted to say he was the best but I would have just got a barrage of abuse for it so tried to sit on the fence a bit.

For me though, he's right up there with Keller & Flowers. Kasper may be not so good on crosses though still not bad but his shot stopping and one on one saves have been nothing short of amazing really.

And he shares the same birthday as me whilst we were on that subject so definitely one of my favoured, if not favourite player!

Last edited:

TornadoShaunUK

I never thought Keller was much cop. Ian Walker is probably my personal favourite. I'm not old enough to remember Banks and Shilton but in my time as a Leicester fan he's gotta be up there. Walker and Flowers both great for us too.

M17TT C

For me I can just remember Keller playing a blinder in our first year up against Newcastle and winning 2-1 and Heskey scored after rounding the keeper.

Flowers had a blinder against Arsenal in the FA Cup possibly. Think he actually went off injured but he pretty much killed himself keeping us in the game and Pegguy pulled us through the penos!

Walker was good but can never remember a game like that with him. Most memerable incident with Walker was when that fat feck got on the pitch and went towards Walker but Walker got him on the ground before he could cause an incident.

All very good keepers really and Kasper definitely up there with them.

Kingy_85

Same here bud, 28 here and was tempted to say he was the best but I would have just got a barrage of abuse for it so tried to sit on the fence a bit.

For me though, he's right up there with Keller & Flowers. Kasper may be not so good on crosses though still not bad but his shot stopping and one on one saves have been nothing short of amazing really.

And he shares the same birthday as me whilst we were on that subject so definitely one of my favoured, if not favourite player!

Definitely.

Flowers, Walker and Keller all fantastic keepers. (although I seem to remember Walker having a breakdown towards the end!?)

I'm maybe biased towards Kasper because I'm older and better placed to judge now.

Last edited:

TornadoShaunUK

My standout memories of Walker were the home drubbing by Aston Villa were a fan invaded the pitch to attack him and a goal he let squirm under his legs on TV against Bolton. Despite that he was generally really good for us. Kasper has been great but he has been playing at a lower level than the rest. I'd like to see if he's as good in the Premier League - I think he would be.

Having said that, if one of the biggest clubs in the world is showing an interest then that's bound to catch his attention. Like I said, depends on the fee, if it's not a good fee then I think we should keep the lad and let him go for free at the end of the season if he wants to.

Kingy_85

My standout memories of Walker were the home drubbing by Aston Villa were a fan invaded the pitch to attack him and a goal he let squirm under his legs on TV against Bolton. Despite that he was generally really good for us. Kasper has been great but he has been playing at a lower level than the rest. I'd like to see if he's as good in the Premier League - I think he would be.

Having said that, if one of the biggest clubs in the world is showing an interest then that's bound to catch his attention. Like I said, depends on the fee, if it's not a good fee then I think we should keep the lad and let him go for free at the end of the season if he wants to.

I remember the fan! It happened right in front of me!

Also not long after the fan incident he jumped on the ball outside of the area after a dodgy back pass and got a straight red card!

Brown Nose

Definitely.

Flowers, Walker and Keller all fantastic keepers. (although I seem to remember Walker having a breakdown towards the end!?)

I'm maybe biased towards Kasper because I'm older and better placed to judge now.

Walker was an overrated toss-bucket of a keeper. Keller average at best. Flowers though, was top drawer.

Kasper is second only to Flowers over the last 30 years or so. However, if a big Italian club genuinely wants him, he'd be mad not to go.

Matt_B

Walker was an overrated toss-bucket of a keeper. Keller average at best. Flowers though, was top drawer.

Kasper is second only to Flowers over the last 30 years or so. However, if a big Italian club genuinely wants him, he'd be mad not to go.
I'm not so sure. We keep getting told that the Premier League is the best league in the world and enough seem to be buying it, maybe he'd sooner play there than Italy? Depends if he'd be first choice and playing European football or if he'd be just sitting around.

H T B

Careful how far you go back.
You're dangerously close to Mark Wallington territory. Best English keeper of that era not to get capped for England.
Also, Mrs HTB loved his legs (she was close to tears when Chic Bates studded him)

Hazzman

I'm not so sure. We keep getting told that the Premier League is the best league in the world and enough seem to be buying it, maybe he'd sooner play there than Italy? Depends if he'd be first choice and playing European football or if he'd be just sitting around.

But AC Milan....managed by one of the gents in the modern game. I'd be asking for the pre contract now. Even more so Milan's keeper is old and toss.

Last edited:

Micky

Tim Flowers - outstanding keeper. Done.

dpjfox

The last thing we need (imo the only thing that can mess our situation up), is to let one of our key players go!

H T B

Rab Douglas/Pressman/Kalac/Ward/Henderson/Weale were beyond awful.

Walker was average.

Disagree about Weale.
Yes his form dipped, but at one stage there was almost uproar as it looked like Spurs were going to buy him.
Prior to his dip in form he was a good keeper.

Miles Away

Disagree about Weale.
Yes his form dipped, but at one stage there was almost uproar as it looked like Spurs were going to buy him.
Prior to his dip in form he was a good keeper.

Nope, he was shit. Sorry. An absolute liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669