x and y

Status
Not open for further replies.

asheslcfc

just got coldplay's new album.

IMO it lies somewhere in the middle of their previous albums with not as many stand out tracks.

Probably will grow on me though.

has grown on me slightly.

How come out of the so called 1 million albums sold this week no one has an opinion on it

Keep posting and they will come. ;-)

well i got it for the old man for fathers day but had to listen to it best songs are

fix you

x and y

till kingdom come (hidden)

webmaster said:
Is it as bad as their previous albums?

not a coldplay fan then. the only problem i have with them is as a rock band it's more chillout than rock IMO.

It is a worthy album to have but not as good as parachutes.

Boring turgid dreadful uninspiring forgettable background music for today's youth

And those are their good points........

homer said:
Boring turgid dreadful uninspiring forgettable background music for today's youth

And those are their good points........

well their set to eclipse oasis's Be Here Now for album sales (1 million - 700,000) so someone must like them

I saw Coldplay in their early days.They were supporting Muse that night if I remember rightly.Bored me to tears then and not much as changed...Piano Rock,no thanks.

I saw them at Glasters a few years ago

Good job I had some decent drugs that day, I'm telling you........

homer said:

Be careful homer you can take too many of them Rennies.

highland fox said:
homer said:

Be careful homer you can take too many of them Rennies.

I needed them that day

To shove in my feckin' ears.....

Seems like the Americans are not sure. :eek: :eek: :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Grauniad blogs said:
Coldplay: somewhere between a yodel and a hiccup

Britain might be in the grip of what the Sun has dubbed Coldplaymania - 105 copies of new album X&Y were sold per minute last week, but, writes Lars Eriksen, the US is less convinced. In last Sunday's New York Times a piece was published by John Pareles in which he called Coldplay the decade's most insufferable band

Pareles concedes that the band "have mastered the mechanics of pop songwriting" but laments their insistence on high-pitched songs that expose the fragility of Chris Martin's voice ("he makes a sound somewhere between a yodel and a hiccup") and lyrics that make Pareles "wish he didn't understand English."

"It's supposed to be compassionate, emphatic, magnanimous, inspirational. But, when the music swells up once more with tremolo guitars and chiming keyboards, and Martin's voice breaks for the umpteenth time, it sounds like hokum to me."

The Daily Telegraph reprinted an edited version of Pareles' rant yesterday, with their longstanding pop critic Neil McCormick defending the band and their 'vast soundscapes'.

But Pareles is not the only US writer getting cold feet over the first male British band to have a new entry in the US Top 10 singles chart since The Beatles.

The Oregonian concedes that there are worse bands out there, but joins in the chorus of disapproval - "even insecure mopes deserve better". Reviewer Marty Hughley looks in vain for "insight, passion, poetry, personality" but finds only "Martin's fragile, grey-day voice [which] draws you in only to smother you in obviousness, clichés and platitude."

Rashod D Ollison of the Baltimore Sun is even less sympathetic. "The music is too pumped up at times, full of surging arrangements that are so meticulously crafted there's hardly a sign of a pulse underneath. And Martin, the heart-in-hand chap with the idiosyncratic vocal style, goes into self-pity overload."

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670