x and y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coldplay are for middle age sales reps who want to buy something that makes them feel hip because it's what they think 'the kids' are listening to and they can take out of their Vectra/Mondeo and put on at home while they warm up their Chicken Tonight for tea. To summerise Coldplay about as rock and roll as a Rich Tea biscuit.

Coldplay have produced as many quality tracks in 3 albums as U2 have in 20 years, they are an excellent band!

Better than Oasis' latest offering...which predicably sounds exactly the same as the last three albums and still includes some dirty manc who sings through his nose and talks out of his arse.

Heeey Lyla! Utter wank!

I think that don't believe the truth is oasis's best album since whats the story morning glory, but its nowhere near as good as it or definitely maybe

X&Y- to put it simply if you liked parachutes and a rush of blood to the head you will love this album-if you didn't its not for you- it's pretty much more of the same but better as NME said

also foo fighters new album In Your Honour is worth a pop, and the acoustic cd is suprisingly good!

I have been listening to the foos since their first album...without doubt the Colour and the Shape is their best, but I have *ahem* downloaded their new album, and it sounds pretty good...

drummindefender said:
yeh i got all the foos albums and the colour and the shape is by far and away the best album they have done :-D

With a name like Drummin Defender and a piccy of Animal, it comes as no shock to me that you are a fan of Dave Ghrol(sp?)...simply the best drummer of our time!

drummindefender said:
dave grohl is a good drummer, but he is no chad smith (red hot chili peppers) :-D

Who is amazing...but no Dave Grohl ;-)

Foo fighters = great band.
There Is Nothing Left To Lose, is there best album.
on the subject of coldplay i have all 3 albums and as someone mentioned this one is a bit middle of the road.
not as good as Parachutes but in my opinion much better than Rush Of Blood

on the subject of coldplay i have all 3 albums and as someone mentioned this one is a bit middle of the road.
not as good as Parachutes but in my opinion much better than Rush Of Blood

not as good as Parachutes but in my opinion much better than Rush Of Bloof=d

just thought id express my feelings strongly!!
why the hell did it come out 3 times???????

pds said:
just thought id express my feelings strongly!!
why the hell did it come out 3 times???????

:lol: :lol:

Firstly I am a Coldplay fan, basically cause they write songs that connect with me emotionally (eg Fix You on this album). Something I don't understand is why people say "they are about as rock n roll as rich tea" when i don't think anyone would describe them as rock n roll even the band themselves.

There is a place for all types of music and i basically love the best of all kinds of genre's and Coldplay are the best at what they do. They write songs that connect to the masses just as U2 did in the late 80's with the Joshua Tree and thats what it is, nothing more nothing less.

I saw them at Glasto and they were awesome (and thats by common consent) and they have just gone straight into the top 10 in the US with their debut so I think the Americans are ok with them too.

Any band thats popular will be deemed crap by the people that want to remain elitist, but if you don't like them fair enough, but by the same token I think most of the shite you old fags post as good music is shit n'all.

(i've just taken the bait on these posts haven't I) :?

Dunc said:
Firstly I am a Coldplay fan, basically cause they write songs that connect with me emotionally (eg Fix You on this album). Something I don't understand is why people say "they are about as rock n roll as rich tea" when i don't think anyone would describe them as rock n roll even the band themselves.

There is a place for all types of music and i basically love the best of all kinds of genre's and Coldplay are the best at what they do. They write songs that connect to the masses just as U2 did in the late 80's with the Joshua Tree and thats what it is, nothing more nothing less.

I saw them at Glasto and they were awesome (and thats by common consent) and they have just gone straight into the top 10 in the US with their debut so I think the Americans are ok with them too.

Any band thats popular will be deemed crap by the people that want to remain elitist, but if you don't like them fair enough, but by the same token I think most of the shite you old fags post as good music is shit n'all.

the clues are in the question :lol:

Dunc said:

If you like them, say so. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :smt023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670