Xbox Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried out the new features that came with the Spring update?

Not tried MSN yet and don't think I will to be honest, I don't see the point in it.

I do really like the new 'Background Downloads' feature which means when you turn your console off, it will remain on with reduced power and a hell of a lot quieter, ideal if you have your Xbox in your room and like to download over night, so its better for sleeping and the environment. I would normally just download during the day but with Virgin's new shit download limits during peak times, one demo is a 3rd of my daily limit and I don't want my speed to be reduced to less than 50% of what I pay up until midnight that day! Bastards!

I still don't see why it is not possible to download demos whilst you are playing a game, or is it just when you play on Xbox Live you cannot download at the same time?

Also would love more video support than just WMV but can see why they haven't added more because of piracy and what not.

Last edited:
Oi KLFox!!!!

Don't do what we discussed when you came round my house.

Kingy has just been banned!!

I think it's only a matter of time before Me, Mark & Mitch get banned also.

Don't Do It!!!!

Oi KLFox!!!!

Don't Do It!!!!

oh dear!

To be honest not played my 360 much as been more on the PS3 more, cheers for the warning though!

God of War is a great game even for a PS2 title :038:

Oi KLFox!!!!

Don't Do It!!!!

Been flashing the firmware on it then, didn't think you were a fan of that piracy stuff? :102:

Been flashing the firmware on it then, didn't think you were a fan of that piracy stuff? :102:
I'm not, but the difference between £40 and £2 per game made me think. My mates were doing it and I didn't like the thought of me being excluded from games through my principles, so I let them go :icon_wink

The only games I do play are full pricers anyway, that's why I've not been banned because I don't play the copied games, it's a conscience thing.

I'm not, but the difference between £40 and £2 per game made me think. My mates were doing it and I didn't like the thought of me being excluded from games through my principles, so I let them go :icon_wink

The only games I do play are full pricers anyway, that's why I've not been banned because I don't play the copied games, it's a conscience thing.

From reading stuff on forums, it seems that most of the people that were banned were banned after playing the Halo 3 Beta or Crackdown from a copied version.

Also, as long as you haven't been playing the 'back-up' games on Xbox Live it seems like you will be OK, and even if you did get banned, its only from Live and they don't brick the console so you can still play the copied games anyway and I'm sure you would be able to just sell a fish or something and pop out and get another! :icon_lol:

What firmware have you got on it BTW? Is it just to enable the use of back-up discs or is there any extra stuff like changed the dashboard?

One of the cheapest websites for games I have found is this:
http://www.softuk.com/ not ordered from them yet so don't know what they are like but Tiger 07 for £15.99 has got to be worth a shot when it is back in stock!!

Last edited:
No dashboard changes at all, just for playing copied discs. But as I've said, I don't play them anyway.

Kingy's consol is now banned from XBL, so he's got to go and buy a new Xbox to be able to play on Live again.

My neighbour flashed it for me FOC. You've played with him before.

From what I have been reading it does not matter if you played back-ups online.

It seeems to be something the console is reporting back to MS by going online.

From what I have been reading it does not matter if you played back-ups online.

It seeems to be something the console is reporting back to MS by going online.
Mark's been banned now.

But he's got 4 or 5 Xbox 360's. He's now playing again with the same gamertag but on a different consol. That consol is also flashed, but he hasn't played any copied games on it.

Not conclusive but he'll report back as and when

Last edited:
THey just ban the modded console not the gamertag once you play on a new console it should be ok.

Its because of the game signature or something is how they detect. Only originals have the correct signature and by playing online with a copied game (as in connected to Xbox Live not have to be playing on Xbox Live) it is possible for Microsoft to detect this.

If they want to stop it, I don't see why they don't just 'brick' the console as stopping people from playing on Live does not stop them playing copied games.

Oi Melton, can you play imports on your dodgite 360?

Would have asked you in that message but didn't wana mention it in case they read it and ban you! :icon_lol:

Right.

I am now the proud owner of an xbox360. I am also a proud owner of a broadband connection to the interweb.

Do I go online with the above items or do I not? What are the pro's & con's?

Will my wife divorce me if I pay more attention to the Mastercheif et al?

What to do?

Guide me you game guru's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673