1-1 Ipswich (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

FT 1-1

A pretty dire performance. Still in 5th place.

Ipswich Ratings

Weale 7
Neilson 4
McGivern 4
Brown 5
Morrison 6
Oakley 6
Wellens 5
King 6
Dyer 7
Fryatt 7
Howard 7

Gallagher 5
Waghorn 5
Kermorgant 5

1. Full backs very poor offering no support to the wingers.

2. Wingers very poor offering no outlet.

3. Consequently we pump the ball long and McAuley wins headers all day.

4. Strikers non existent but I will put that down to the lack of support from behind.

5. Browns, Mcgivern, neilson's distribution awful.

6. Oakley is a central midfielder playing on the wing!

7. Dyer does useful things but then goes missing!

8. Weale caught flapping on a couple of occasions.

I feel depressed after that!

Team selections still need to be looked at. McGivern and Neilson very poor

Re: Ipswich Ratings

Weale 5
Neilson 4
McGivern 4
Brown 4
Morrison 6
Oakley 5
Wellens 5
King 5
Dyer 5
Fryatt 5
Howard 5

Gallagher 5
Waghorn 5
Kermorgant 5

Not a very good performance, point was probably fair.

Don't think anyone played particularly well today... Howard probably best player. Thought Neilson did alright to be honest.

Amazed how negative Ipswich were though... went very defensive, very early on in the second half when we weren't particularly dominating/creating chances... seemed happy for a point!

Really want us to start playing with a proper winger on the right as well! So many of our good chances/breaks seem to come through Dyer on the left to me, and we're constantly looking for him as an outlet... why not have N'Guessan/Gradel on the right as well to make us less predictable and attack down both sides? Hmmm

It was pretty dire, but I do think that the conditions had some bearing upon the match.
I would, however, have to agree with other posters that both fullbacks looked poor.

why not have N'Guessan/Gradel on the right as well to make us less predictable and attack down both sides? Hmmm

that would mean dropping Oakley, which I can't see happening ever...

Not a very good performance, point was probably fair.

Don't think anyone played particularly well today... Howard probably best player. Thought Neilson did alright to be honest.

Amazed how negative Ipswich were though... went very defensive, very early on in the second half when we weren't particularly dominating/creating chances... seemed happy for a point!

Really want us to start playing with a proper winger on the right as well! So many of our good chances/breaks seem to come through Dyer on the left to me, and we're constantly looking for him as an outlet... why not have N'Guessan/Gradel on the right as well to make us less predictable and attack down both sides? Hmmm
His lack of pace led to their goal and his overall defending was very poor. His distribution near enough non-existent. Gilbert needs to be brought in asap

His distribution near enough non-existent. Gilbert needs to be brought in asap

I can't believe we insist on going for his long throws, don't think he has found a city player yet with one

I think a massive part of our problems is the lack of quality at full back. the distribution is woeful, hence we have no outlet and very little creativity - yet we are 5th - how i don't know

Really didn't understand bringing Waghorn on to the left wing. Surely N'Guessan or even eaving Dyer on there would have been a better option. We went from being completely lopsoded down the right to being completely lopsided down the left.

Nielsen was at fault for the first goal. He should have cleared that ball way before they got the cross in. With both him and McGivern, their positional sense is beyond bad and their distribution is awful. Morrison was very good at centre-half today but I wish he was at full-back instead of Nielsen and Berner was on the left. Please replace Hobbs for Nielsen next time out and please let Bruno be fit.

Oakley is not a right winger - I know this is news to nobody but Nigel Pearson. Wellens puzzles me. Would love to know from those of you who see him week-in-and-week-out what your opinions are of him. The few times I have seen him he looks like he could be a very good player but for some reason just isn't. King was anonymous but did nothing wrong. Glad he stayed on as he's likely to score a goal much more than Wellens or Oakley.

Howard played well and Fryatt did all he could with no service whatsoever. Was impressed with Dyer in the first half. He was the only one who was running directly at their back four.

Weale - 6
Nielsen - 4
McGivern - 4
Brown - 5
Morrison - 7
Oakley - 5
Wellens - 5
King - 5
Dyer - 7
Howard - 7
Fryatt - 6

Would have liked to see N'Guessan start today and at least have come of the bench.

Wellens needs to play with a geniune playmaker. Oakley could wirk in there, even if I'm not his biggest fan. Or bring someone in. King is anonymous most weeks

I was really hoping for N'Guessan instead of Gallagher or Kermo... agreed, didn't really understand the subs today.

Thought it was a weird move to take Howard off when he did, considering our front players were more or less camped in their box by that point, he didn't need to do a lot more than win headers, which he'd been doing most of the game. Seemed odd.

We definetely need someone else with a bit of creative spark, as I feel Dyer is the only one in the starting XI (and maybe Fryatt to some extent) that can quickly get us on the attack and cause problems.

Another winger is vital... or more pace/crossing ability from the full backs if we do insist with playing a narrow right midfielder.

On the way back freezing and wish I didn't bother. Very boring game and no stand out performances for us, Hobbs should never of been dropped, if anything him and Brown should be centre backs and Moro right back although Brown was awful today. I thought Mcgivern did well and was comitted today. Midfield and wingers were non existent and Gallagher is the biggest waste of a million pound. Fryatt did **** all, Howard was good and it was good to see his anger when he got subbed. If we are to have any chance of going up then there needs to be some activity this month.

On the way back freezing and wish I didn't bother. Very boring game and no stand out performances for us, Hobbs should never of been dropped, if anything him and Brown should be centre backs and Moro right back although Brown was awful today. I thought Mcgivern did well and was comitted today. Midfield and wingers were non existent and Gallagher is the biggest waste of a million pound. Fryatt did **** all, Howard was good and it was good to see his anger when he got subbed. If we are to have any chance of going up then there needs to be some activity this month.

I assumed Hobbs was on the bench because he wasn't fit enough to start?

Agree though that we do need some players this month... we made really good use of the loan market last season, something we've not done for whatever reason yet this year... hopefully that changes soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566