1-1 Ipswich (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could blame 5 different players for their goal but it's always the usual suspects who get the blame. If we'd have won 6-0 and Neilson and McGiven had scored a hat trick each the comments would still have been the same.

Not a single one of our players had a better than average game today, why blame individuals?

I can't speak for anyone else, but McGivern stuck out for me as our worst player today. In every game he has played, he's been iffy to say the least.

For me it was Neilson. I wish it wasn't, but it was, and often is!! McGivern a close second

Not true. Watch the game back. Neilson's lack of pace was how that move really got going. McGivern was unlucky with the deflection

I saw the ball given away in midfield, then Neilson was beaten then another defender (Brown I think) and then McGiven deflected in. Anyone of those players could be blamed but only one ever is.

I have spent most of the season defending Neilson to my mate who I go down with, as I've seen a lot of Neilson in the SPL, so that isn't true

Really didn't understand bringing Waghorn on to the left wing. Surely N'Guessan or even eaving Dyer on there would have been a better option. We went from being completely lopsoded down the right to being completely lopsided down the left.

Nielsen was at fault for the first goal. He should have cleared that ball way before they got the cross in. With both him and McGivern, their positional sense is beyond bad and their distribution is awful. Morrison was very good at centre-half today but I wish he was at full-back instead of Nielsen and Berner was on the left. Please replace Hobbs for Nielsen next time out and please let Bruno be fit.

Oakley is not a right winger - I know this is news to nobody but Nigel Pearson. Wellens puzzles me. Would love to know from those of you who see him week-in-and-week-out what your opinions are of him. The few times I have seen him he looks like he could be a very good player but for some reason just isn't. King was anonymous but did nothing wrong. Glad he stayed on as he's likely to score a goal much more than Wellens or Oakley.

Howard played well and Fryatt did all he could with no service whatsoever. Was impressed with Dyer in the first half. He was the only one who was running directly at their back four.

Weale - 6
Nielsen - 4
McGivern - 4
Brown - 5
Morrison - 7
Oakley - 5
Wellens - 5
King - 5
Dyer - 7
Howard - 7
Fryatt - 6

Would have liked to see N'Guessan start today and at least have come of the bench.

Those are marks out of 100, surely? :102:

I can't speak for anyone else, but McGivern stuck out for me as our worst player today. In every game he has played, he's been iffy to say the least.

Agreed his distribution was poor, but so was a lot of other players. A defenders main job is to defend, if he was a good passer of the ball he'd be in midfield. The defending side of his game was fair, not brilliant, just fair.

Neilson was far worse then McGivern, as was Brown, whos distribution was shocking. McGivern was unlucky at times today but also did silly things which didn't help his overall performance.

When ever we play Steve Howard..we play hoof it as far as you can.

Nothing against Steve Howard..he had a fair game...though how many games with him in the side do we actually knock it around the floor.

I felt for Matty today..that first 30 minutes did he touch the ball?

We are crying out for some creativity in midfield..either drop King or Oakley because having them both in the side clearly is not working.

Apparantly Nigel Pearson was on sky Friday night saying that he will do little or no business at all, if thats the case we would do well to stay in the playoffs.

we knocked the ball in the air because there was no other option. the full backs distribution was woeful and the wingers were ineffective! We could do with 2/3 players this jan! a right back, a right winger at a minimum!

The midfield didn't demand the ball once...there were a couple of times when Neilson had no option on at all.

It wasa piss poor performance against a truly shite team

The back four were just awful in every way, Nielsen being the worst culprit - but the others weren't far behind him

It's harsh to judge the midfield as we played over the top of them for the entire game. Predictable, terrible, boring tactics which they countered pretty comfortably

Shocking stuff all round, and two more points pissed down the drain

Agreed, the days when I felt comfortable watching our defence are long gone. I thought Dyer was our best player today, and agree with the Major I Swarter about him being the only one getting through their back four.

I don't know what other people think, but personally I thought once Nigel changed to the 'four forwards' system, the quality of football took an absolute nose-dive. From then on until the final whistle it was just aimless hoofing, which amounted to nothing.

In my opinion, if we're going to stay anywhere near the top-six, there must be some quite drastic changes.

Its just typical boring Leicester fans jumping on the bandwagon and having ago at the same player.

I'll add some variety for you Harbs: McGivern, Neilson and Wellens were appalling. Brown and Oakley were better, but still poor. King looked alright.

I'll add some variety for you Harbs: McGivern, Neilson and Wellens were appalling. Brown and Oakley were better, but still poor. King looked alright.
I only remember seeing King when he had that woeful effort on goal, again showing how anonymous he is most of the time. I'm sure the ability is there, but he needs to grab a game by the scruff of the neck as a playmaking midfielder

Last edited:

I don't know what other people think, but personally I thought once Nigel changed to the 'four forwards' system, the quality of football took an absolute nose-dive.

Not the first time either - sadly he often thinks the best way to actually score a goal is to simply put more strikers on the pitch, rather than players who can create chances for the more than competent ones who are already there

Team selections still need to be looked at. McGivern and Neilson very poor

It took me three posts to find one that summed up how I felt after that.

Neilson and McGivern were dreadful, truely dreadful. I want to pick on one in paticular but they are equally woeful. Neilson just punts in forward in a vain effort that it might just fall and the strikers feet and McGivern would easily get beaten by Howard in a race. He is stupidly slow for someone who is 19.

Still its a point in a game two years ago we would have lost one nil and we are still well up there. I really feel like we need to look at our full backs (Bruno apart) in the long term as they are key to the fluidity of the team.

Not the first time either - sadly he often thinks the best way to actually score a goal is to simply put more strikers on the pitch, rather than players who can create chances for the more than competent ones who are already there

I've been complaining about the same thing all season

I don't know what other people think, but personally I thought once Nigel changed to the 'four forwards' system, the quality of football took an absolute nose-dive. From then on until the final whistle it was just aimless hoofing, which amounted to nothing.

For me this was the whole game. I actually thought we improved slight when Waggy and Gally came on. We certainly had more of the ball.

If the midfield strung more than 2 passes together all game I would be amazed. Part of that was down to the fact that the back four didnt give them the ball it was all hoofs and chips forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570