1-1 Ipswich (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going up this year would be a travisty.

Then what's the F**king point of playing then...you're mental. Going up would be brilliant, I don't usually pick on you Harbs, but I can't even begin to bend my head around the stupidity of this statement. Not to mention the spelling. For shame.

Last edited:
You say we can't cope financially with teams in our league such as Newcastle, West Brom and Forest, that is what I mean we would not be able to even compete in the Prem. We have about two maybe three players who could play in the Premiership. Going up this year would be a travisty.

We can't cope with them financially, but we still are keeping up with them in the league. What I mean is be may not be winning games comprehensively with attacking football as they are, but that's because we can't afford the players those teams have to do that. I'm not saying we are a pragmatic side, because I think we've played some great football this season and I heard some fans complaining we were playing "the Arsenal way earlier in this season."

We have got as high as we have got, because of a great tactician in charge, who seems to be able to read the game, the best way to approach a game and the best time to make changes to the game incredibly well.

Also, getting the Premier League means we get a huge financial windfall. All 3 teams who went up this season are holding their own just fine in the Premier League, despite not having great players. Richard Stearman is playing for Wolves, ffs!

I think, if we go up, we have a manager astute enough that we could easily survive in the PL given 2 or 3 new players in the summer.

Last edited:
Also, getting the Premier League means we get a huge financial windfall. All 3 teams who went up this season are holding their own just fine in the Premier League, despite not having great players. Richard Stearman is playing for Wolves, ffs!

I think, if we go up, we have a manager astute enough that we could easily survive in the PL given 2 or 3 new players in the summer.

Aye, the amount of money in the prem is astronomical but the majority of the football teams aint that good. Burnley, Bolton, Hull, Portsmouth, Wolves, even West Ham; there really is some dross knocking around up there that we wouldn't struggle to keep pace with frankly.

Not true. Watch the game back. Neilson's lack of pace was how that move really got going. McGivern was unlucky with the deflection

:038:

Right on the money. It was all down to Nielsen he is a very poor excuse for a footballer. His positioning is awful he can't run and his passing and tackling are below par. I feel sorry for Oakley and wellens having to constantly backtrack to cover his mistakes. Everyone else can see he is shite wh can't Nigel Pearson? Drop him, play anybody at right back but him. I bet Roy Keane said to his players before the game, "their right back is really slow, don't bother standing goal side of him just run round him."

Ipswich played for a draw and that's what the got, despite Roy Keane saying he was disapointed with a point.

:038:

Right on the money. It was all down to Nielsen he is a very poor excuse for a footballer. His positioning is awful he can't run and his passing and tackling are below par. I feel sorry for Oakley and wellens having to constantly backtrack to cover his mistakes. Everyone else can see he is shite wh can't Nigel Pearson? Drop him, play anybody at right back but him. I bet Roy Keane said to his players before the game, "their right back is really slow, don't bother standing goal side of him just run round him."

Ipswich played for a draw and that's what the got, despite Roy Keane saying he was disapointed with a point.

Yeah Neilson isn't the best footballer that ever lived but if either of those two had kept the ball properly poor old Robbie would have had a lot less to do.

Then what's the F**king point of playing then...you're mental. Going up would be brilliant, I don't usually pick on you Harbs, but I can't even begin to bend my head around the stupidity of this statement. Not to mention the spelling. For shame.

Look at Derby, they went up with a team full of shite and look what is happening there they are stuck in a relegation battle and have about one decent player at this level, they are paying the price for going up when they weren't good enough.

Look at Billy Davies at Forest as much as I hate him he is right when he constantly states that he doesen't want his side to go up this year and they have a much better team than us, he is speaking from previous experience and knows exactly what he is talking about.

The point about playing is to keep the team improving and then come the end of the season we can get some new players in to replace the ones who have not been good, after we have done this we will have a good enough squad to go up and challenge for promotion and then actually have a chance of staying up.

This season we have faced the top three teams and we have lost all of the games, West Brom outplayed us and we were never in it, Forest....I don't even want to talk about it and Newcastle to be fair we played well but we were still not good enough to win or even get a goal against us, the point I make is we are not near the best teams in this league yet let alone teams in the premiership, I don't see the point in getting promoted luckily because the other teams are crap and then getting destroyed every week next season and losing the players who come out of it with credit to crappy teams in the following summer.

Last edited:
Look at Derby, they went up with a team full of shite and look what is happening there they are stuck in a relegation battle and have about one decent player at this level, they are paying the price for going up when they weren't good enough.

Look at Billy Davies at Forest as much as I hate him he is right when he constantly states that he doesen't want his side to go up this year and they have a much better team than us, he is speaking from previous experience and knows exactly what he is talking about.

The point about playing is to keep the team improving and then come the end of the season we can get some new players in to replace the ones who have not been good, after we have done this we will have a good enough squad to go up and challenge for promotion and then actually have a chance of staying up.

This season we have faced the top three teams and we have lost all of the games, West Brom outplayed us and we were never in it, Forest....I don't even want to talk about it and Newcastle to be fair we played well but we were still not good enough to win or even get a goal against us, the point I make is we are not near the best teams in this league yet let alone teams in the premiership, I don't see the point in getting promoted luckily because the other teams are crap and then getting destroyed every week next season and losing the players who come out of it with credit to crappy teams in the following summer.

You can rationalize your thoughts any way you so choose, but I still think they are the ramblings of a madman. City in the Prem by any means should be the goal.

If we go up we're guaranteed about £60m... can't see how that is going to **** us up really.

Derby ****ed up by sacking Billy Davies, when everyone knew they had no chance of staying up anyway. Who's to say when a team is "ready" for the Premiership? Nobody expected Burnley to be doing as well as they are, let alone Wolves or Birmingham... or Hull before that, and they're still there!

Billy Davies has admitted to Forest fans (read this on another forum) that he very much does want to go up and is just saying that to keep his players from getting too carried away and losing focus.

That Derby team was very much a one off. Comparing every team who go up to that shambles is ridiculous.

If we go up we're guaranteed about £60m... can't see how that is going to **** us up really.

Derby ****ed up by sacking Billy Davies, when everyone knew they had no chance of staying up anyway. Who's to say when a team is "ready" for the Premiership? Nobody expected Burnley to be doing as well as they are, let alone Wolves or Birmingham... or Hull before that, and they're still there!

Also, Derby spent hardly any of their prize money on players and just chose to pay off their debts instead.

I'll add some variety for you Harbs: McGivern, Neilson and Wellens were appalling. Brown and Oakley were better, but still poor. King looked alright.

Surprised more on here haven't mentioned how poor Wellens was today. Pulled out of a number of tackles and didn't look interest a lot of the game. Deservedly subbed IMO.

I was asked by some Donny fans how he was getting on and I said he started well but had gone off the boil of late. I thought about it afterwards and wondered if I had been a bit harsh. Not on today's performance I hadn't.

You only have to look at Reading, Sheffield United and Preston to see how volatile this league is.

There's no guarantee we will be fighting for promotion again next year if we don't go up this year, so while we have this chance, we should be trying to grab it with both hands. It could be our biggest chance in years of going up. To want to stay down is actually clinically insane.

On a positive note, I thought Dyer had a good game today. And we are 5th in the league! I'd have taken that this time last year. And like others have stated, we would get hammered int he premier league without further spending, I don't want us being another Derby.

You only have to look at Reading, Sheffield United and Preston to see how volatile this league is.

There's no guarantee we will be fighting for promotion again next year if we don't go up this year, so while we have this chance, we should be trying to grab it with both hands. It could be our biggest chance in years of going up. To want to stay down is actually clinically insane.

It's not insane its just thinking of the future and what is best for the club and I don't think being a yo-yo for a few years is going to be positive for the club, however building a good team in the Championship and then going up is.

agreed, that not wanting to go up is the thoughts of a loser!

I don't think being a yo-yo for a few years is going to be positive for the club, however building a good team in the Championship and then going up is.

I could never envisage the day when Leicester would be a yo-yo club :icon_lol:

It's not insane its just thinking of the future and what is best for the club and I don't think being a yo-yo for a few years is going to be positive for the club, however building a good team in the Championship and then going up is.

But you're assuming we are goign to be keeping this up for several seasons.

If we stay down there's no telling we will be building a better side, it's what Sheffield United, Preston and Cardiff have all been doing for years now, and they are just getting further away from promotion if anything. Put it this way, the longer we stay down, the less money Milan has, and well, without wanting to be too morbid, he's no spring chicken.

Whereas, if we go up, why are you so certain we would come straight back down? There are several poor teams in the PL these days and all the teams who went up this year could easily stay up. I think we have a manager who is good enough to keep us there.

Again, it was you who were predicting we would get relegated this season, and we are currently on course for a possible promotion.

Basically, there is no telling what the future will hold, we could easily never get a better chance at promotion than this, and we could easily stay up next season given 2 or 3 new faces.

Given the volatile nature of football, particularly at this level. We should grab promotion with both hands as soon as we get the chance, as for all we know, this could be our only chance of getting it.

Last edited:
But you're assuming we are goign to be keeping this up for several seasons.

If we stay down there's no telling we will be building a better side, it's what Sheffield United, Preston and Cardiff have all been doing for years now, and they are just getting further away from promotion if anything. Put it this way, the longer we stay down, the less money Milan has, and well, without wanting to be too morbid, he's no spring chicken.

Whereas, if we go up, why are you so certain we would come straight back down? There are several poor teams in the PL these days and all the teams who went up this year could easily stay up. I think we have a manager who is good enough to keep us there.

Again, it was you who were predicting we would get relegated this season, and we are currently on course for a possible promotion.

Basically, there is no telling what the future will hold, we could easily never get a better chance at promotion than this, and we could easily stay up next season given 2 or 3 new faces.

Given the volatile nature of football, particularly at this level. We should grab promotion with both hands as soon as we get the chance.

Good post and I can see what you are saying in many ways.

However I just think that the team we have are decent and a few good additions in the summer and we could be flying next season and quite easily get promoted, I am pretty sure that if we can be near the top with this bunch then it is very likely we will be up there for years to come with this bunch and a few more better players.

Forget the top six we are'nt good enough
Poor and virtually non-existant midfield for most games tells you that, we have'nt any outlets to pressurise teams apart from howard and his flick-ons and they are doing nothing as nobody gets into a position to pick them up.

Inconsistancy,centralising play..... very little width ...so you are limiting you're attacking options.

Back division is slow....and gets caught out of position too easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570