1-1 Ipswich (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post and I can see what you are saying in many ways.

However I just think that the team we have are decent and a few good additions in the summer and we could be flying next season and quite easily get promoted, I am pretty sure that if we can be near the top with this bunch then it is very likely we will be up there for years to come with this bunch and a few more better players.

Fair enough, and maybe the clinically insane snap was a bit much, for which I apologise.

But I just feel, there are too many teams who will have said the same thing as you are saying in the past with it never coming to fruition for us not to take such an opportunity. It could possibly make us a better side in the long run, staying down for another season, sure, but I feel that's too big a gamble to take in football.

Forget the top six we are'nt good enough
Poor and virtually non-existant midfield for most games tells you that
, we have'nt any outlets to pressurise teams apart from howard and his flick-ons and they are doing nothing as nobody gets into a position to pick them up.

Inconsistancy,centralising play..... very little width ...so you are limiting you're attacking options.

Back division is slow....and gets caught out of position too easily

The league table tells you we are more than good enough, ffs.

One poor performance on the back of 3 straight win and you start saying we aren't good enough. Utterly ridiculous.

Last edited:
The league table tells you we are more than good enough, ffs.

One poor performance on the back of 3 straight win and you start saying we aren't good enough. Utterly ridiculous.

western road is another of our losers.

I'm not being ridiculous and it is not based just on todays game we have got away with some pretty mediocre games so far and we have won a few that we should'nt have.

but hey everybody's entitled to their opinion

I'm not being ridiculous and it is not based just on todays game we have got away with some pretty mediocre games so far and we have won a few that we should'nt have.

but hey everybody's entitled to their opinion

And we've also been very unlucky to lose or draw games we should've won. Sheff Utd (A), Ipswich (A), Scunthorpe (A), Peterborough (H) even Newcaslte (A) we deserved a point.

It's more than evened itself out.

Last edited:
It's not insane its just thinking of the future and what is best for the club and I don't think being a yo-yo for a few years is going to be positive for the club, however building a good team in the Championship and then going up is.

Back in the real world any team that can get into the Premiership immediately reaps a big financial advantage that applies even if they get relegated. It might be messy but you can actually build strength through a pattern of promotion , relegation promotion etc.

Regretable as it may be, the chances of buidling up a Leicester team over a long term in the Championship are next to none. Within a short time frame Premiership clubs or Championship clubs with parachute monies would have picked off our best players. If at all possible we need promotion asap - like this season. Football is no longer about the long term, it's financially driven by total short termism.

If i'm a loser ....then I should have given it up 65years ago when I started supporting this team

65 years and still with an attitude like that makes you stupid as well. I always thought a table never lies and we are standing 5th FFS. I could name 19 teams in this division who would gladly swap places with us.

Back in the real world any team that can get into the Premiership immediately reaps a big financial advantage that applies even if they get relegated. It might be messy but you can actually build strength through a pattern of promotion , relegation promotion etc.

Regretable as it may be, the chances of buidling up a Leicester team over a long term in the Championship are next to none. Within a short time frame Premiership clubs or Championship clubs with parachute monies would have picked off our best players. If at all possible we need promotion asap - like this season. Football is no longer about the long term, it's financially driven by total short termism.
:038::038::038::038::038::038: best post of the thread, and from someone who has followed city for a long long time as well.

65 years and still with an attitude like that makes you stupid as well. I always thought a table never lies and we are standing 5th FFS. I could name 19 teams in this division who would gladly swap places with us.

I remember a team that finished 5th in what is now the Championship back in 96 and it was a fairly even top half then, they weren't world beaters but they did go up, stay up and win a few trophies when in the top flight

I remember a team that finished 5th in what is now the Championship back in 96 and it was a fairly even top half then, they weren't world beaters but they did go up, stay up and win a few trophies when in the top flight

Exactly.

We aren't world beaters and we haven't got the resources to afford the exciting attacking players Forest, West Brom or Newcastle are.

However, we are doing exceptionally well for a team on such a modest budget who's had to sign most of it's players from Premier League youth sides or lower league clubs.

Our best centre half today and one of best player of the past few weeks came from the non-league, ffs!

We simply haven't gotten the budget to play the attacking, stylish football some fans want. Not unless you think we can magically sign a world class player from Yeovil Town for £100,000 or somewhere that every other team in the country has missed.

We are 5th and with a game or even two in hand over other teams, by merit and our performance this season, considering the resources available and the value of our squad have been nothing short of unbelievable.

I see no reason, why a manager who has done this on such small resources, would see his team relegated instantly from the Premier League.

Sometime I think some fans won't be happy til we've won the Champions League. Or even the World Cup!

Last edited:
The team OF '96 and the team we have today are as different as chalk and cheese... a team full of promise, individual creativity, and resilience

look at it....... keller grayson watts walsh lennon kamaark izzet parker heskey claridge to name a few..... compare that with what we have now
and it dosent stack up

The team OF '96 and the team we have today are as different as chalk and cheese... a team full of promise, individual creativity, and resilience

look at it....... keller grayson watts walsh lennon kamaark izzet parker heskey claridge to name a few..... compare that with what we have now
and it dosent stack up

I think you may have missed the point a little, I'm not saying we will go up and be a quality set up....We are in the same position as we were then and were not favourites in the playoffs but it still happened to work out fine. We are 5th best out of a very bad bunch (in my opinion this league is at its worst for many years) and 5th still leaves us with a very good chance of pulling off an upset

and it dosent stack up

I would say only Lennon is greatly better than anything we've got now. Izzet and Kaamark would go on to be better years later, but not at that point.

Morrison, Fryatt and Hobbs at their ages easily have potential to be as good as any of them imo.

Even so, did you really think these players were that good in the summer of the 96/97 season? Players like Lennon and Izzet many people thought wouldn't be good enough at the time.

A lot of people slagged Heskey, Claridge, Watts, Parker and Keller off when they were playing and people's memories have wiped out their bad points and just remembered what their good points were. It's always easy to look at the side more positively looking back.

Heskey, for example, was labelled a donkey while he was playing here, and was called to be dropped by some fans virtually every game.

Last edited:
Nobody has yet said well done to all the behind the scenes people at Leicester City who presumably by foresight and then by sheer hard work made sure the game went ahead.

I was interested that Hobbs was dropped rather than Morrison. I am not disagreeing with that decision only pointing out that previously NP has favoured Hobbs over Morrison.

NP has consistently substituted Steve Howard and I wonder whether he feels that finds ninety minutes difficult.

I thought Weale deserved more than a '5' actually.

Watched it online, so not exactly the greatest quality view, but from what I saw that actually worked in my favour.

It reminded me of the dark performances under Levein. Knocking it long and having no centre midfield tall enough to catch the ball in the air and play with it. I think it took 70 minutes or so before we put a passing move together.

I agree that NPs subs were ineffective, but the change was needed. Howard should only have gone off if he was too tired to play on IMO, with the tactics we were using, he was a must-have on the pitch.

The thing that shocked me today was the sheer incompetence at every set piece!! The deliveries were truly appalling today, that needs much more work IMO.

Still, we're 5th and that's amazing all told.

I would say only Lennon is greatly better than anything we've got now. Izzet and Kaamark would go on to be better years later, but not at that point.

Morrison, Fryatt and Hobbs at their ages easily have potential to be as good as any of them imo.

Even so, did you really think these players were that good in the summer of the 96/97 season? Players like Lennon and Izzet many people thought wouldn't be good enough at the time.

A lot of people slagged Heskey, Claridge, Watts, Parker and Keller off when they were playing and people's memories have wiped out their bad points and just remembered what their good points were. It's always easy to look at the side more positively looking back.

Heskey, for example, was labelled a donkey while he was playing here, and was called to be dropped by some fans virtually every game.
I dont agree that only Lennon in 96 was better than what we have now. Izzet, Heskey, Parker, Walsh and Claridge at least were better than what we have now. Only Fryatt would sit comfortably in that company in 96.

What a wasted opportunity to take 3 points, terrible performance all round.

If we can't take a team like that for 3 points at home then I cannot see us being in the top 6 at the end of the season.

Nobody has yet said well done to all the behind the scenes people at Leicester City who presumably by foresight and then by sheer hard work made sure the game went ahead.

I was interested that Hobbs was dropped rather than Morrison. I am not disagreeing with that decision only pointing out that previously NP has favoured Hobbs over Morrison.

NP has consistently substituted Steve Howard and I wonder whether he feels that finds ninety minutes difficult.
I almost wish they hadn't bothered seeing the game and more importantly the result!! Well done to those behind the scenes nevertheless!!

Pearson will be watching a re-run of the game now. He'l see what we all witnessed today and put it right.

So expect McGivern, Brown and Neilson all to start at Swansea next week :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566