1-1 Ipswich (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markyp224

Pearson will be watching a re-run of the game now. He'l see what we all witnessed today and put it right.

So expect McGivern, Brown and Neilson all to start at Swansea next week :icon_lol:
I expect Neilson to go, Morrison to go right back with Hobbs back in. He'll keep everything the same for the rest of the starting eleven

Profondo Rosso

I dont agree that only Lennon in 96 was better than what we have now. Izzet, Heskey, Parker, Walsh and Claridge at least were better than what we have now. Only Fryatt would sit comfortably in that company in 96.

Yeah, but remember we're comparing the side in the 2nd tier in 95/96, not what they were to become.

I'd say Fryatt is better than either Claridge or Heskey were in the second tier. Hobbs and Morrison, aren't as good yet, but have the potential that none of those defenders showed at that time. Weale is undoubtedly better than Poole (Keller was signed after we were promoted). Wellens is as good as Parker on his day, he just needs to be more consistent.

Last edited:

markyp224

I dont agree with most of that. Only about the potential of Hobbs and Morrison

fitz

I expect Neilson to go, Morrison to go right back with Hobbs back in. He'll keep everything the same for the rest of the starting eleven

If we had our full squad fit I'd hope at some point to see a consistant line up in defence of Berner - Hobbs - Tunch - Morrison

That would be more than good enough at this level, sorting out midfield is the main problem which people are overlooking I think. We have no balance as we only ever try playing 1 winger and 3 central midfielders

markyp224

Agree with all of that. I'm only predicting what NP will do. I get it right 90% of the time, even though I dont agree with a lot of NP's decisions with team selections/substitutions

Profondo Rosso

Fair enough, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, but either way, it still shows there's no predicting that we can't do a reasonable job after stumbling through to the play-offs unspectacuarly.

Bluenoses are (unfortuantly) doing well after a season where many said they were poor despite going up last year.

Profondo Rosso

Agree with all of that. I'm only predicting what NP will do. I get it right 90% of the time, even though I dont agree with a lot of NP's decisions with team selections/substitutions

Personally, I think NP's substitutions are one of his strongest assets. They seem to come off pretty much every time (today not included).

markyp224

Fair enough, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, but either way, it still shows there's no predicting that we can't do a reasonable job after stumbling through to the play-offs unspectacuarly.

Bluenoses are (unfortuantly) doing well after a season where many said they were poor despite going up last year.
I think we can go up and stay up. Anyone can with shrewd business, Brum and Burnley have showed thus far. bottom half of the Prem is now as poor as it's ever been IMO. How old are you Mr Rosso? I'm 31 and remember that 95/95 team very well, hence my opinion on it. Someone in their early/mid twenties might not appreciate them as much

markyp224

Personally, I think NP's substitutions are one of his strongest assets. They seem to come off pretty much every time (today not included).
I'm 50/50 on that one. Palace and Cov come to mind on the positive side

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

I think we can go up and stay up. Anyone can with shrewd business, Brum and Burnley have showed thus far. bottom half of the Prem is now as poor as it's ever been IMO. How old are you Mr Rosso? I'm 31 and remember that 95/95 team very well, hence my opinion on it. Someone in their early/mid twenties might not appreciate them as much

I am 20. so you're probably right about me not appreciating them that much. After all, I grew up watching that side, so I'd never had to put up with the shit beforehand with Pleat etc. which made that era more enjoyable, I guess I thought Leicester were always like that.

At the same time though, that could probably make me appreciate NP's side more, as this is the first time I've really seen Leicester have such a dramatic upturn in fortune, whereas others have seen it before, so maybe it doesn't quite have the same impact on them.

dpjfox

just caught the last bit of np interview on sky sports news, it seemed like he had been asked if we are to get new players , i heard him say " if we are i wouldnt tell you!"
anyone else see it?

markyp224

just caught the last bit of np interview on sky sports news, it seemed like he had been asked if we are to get new players , i heard him say " if we are i wouldnt tell you!"
anyone else see it?
I saw it and hoped it meant we are trying to strenghten!!

Profondo Rosso

He smiled when he said it, which I took to mean we are going to strengthen and there are players in mind. So hopefully.

Last edited:

markyp224

I am 20. so you're probably right about me not appreciating them that much. After all, I grew up watching that side, so I'd never had to put up with the shit beforehand with Pleat etc. which made that era more enjoyable, I guess I thought Leicester were always like that.

At the same time though, that could probably make me appreciate NP's side more, as this is the first time I've really seen Leicester have such a dramatic upturn in fortune, whereas others have seen it before, so maybe it doesn't quite have the same impact on them.
Well put my man. IMO 96 side were a good side. Today's team has the potential to be as good as them if we play to our potential plus two or three more quality bodies. The signings of Lennon, Izzet and Claridge in the Winter/Spring period of that season is heavily understated. IMO we would not have been promoted without it. Maybe NP can do something similar

Profondo Rosso

Well put my man. IMO 96 side were a good side. Today's team has the potential to be as good as them if we play to our potential plus two or three more quality bodies. The signings of Lennon, Izzet and Claridge in the Winter/Spring period of that season is heavily understated. IMO we would not have been promoted without it. Maybe NP can do something similar

Hopefully. Either way, I can't understand the negativity from some fans. I think this is the most exciting side, in terms of potential at least, we've had for 10 years.

fitz

Hopefully. Either way, I can't understand the negativity from some fans. I think this is the most exciting side, in terms of potential at least, we've had for 10 years.

I know you are trying to be confident, but being the potentially best side for 10 years is hardly anything spectacular :icon_lol:

markyp224

The side itself isn't too exciting IMO, but our league position is and the potential to be in the play offs and going to Wembley certainly is!! We lack confidence, and I think all it might take is for Brown, Oakley, Wellens and Fryatt to all play well in one game together where they might beat someone convincingly and take that confidence on. It pains me to say this, but seeing F*rest three times since early December, they are streets ahead of us in terms of quality, but is something we can becone with more investment

Last edited:

Profondo Rosso

I know you are trying to be confident, but being the potentially best side for 10 years is hardly anything spectacular :icon_lol:

I know :icon_wink But given the amount the game has changed over the past 10 years I'd say it'd be hard even to reach the peaks we did under O'Neill without some large investments. Let alone all those FA Cup finals and top 6 finishes in the 60s.

There's a very low ceiling at which clubs like ours can reach nowadays, and I think that's quite a sad truth.

Last edited:

fitz

The side itself isn't too exciting IMO, but our league position is and the potential to be in the play offs and going to Wembley certainly is!! We lack confidence, and I think all it might take is for Brown, Oakley, Wellens and Fryatt to all play well in one game together where they might beat someone convincingly and take that confidence on. It pains me to say this, but seeing F*rest three times since early December, they are streets ahead of us in terms of quality, but is something we can becone with more investment

a bit of investment for us and Trees to get a few injuries will see us above them I think

Profondo Rosso

True, but as said before, Forest spent over £10mil this summer and we simply cannot afford the resources they have to sign so many exciting, attacking players.

We are exciting in terms of what we are achieving on our budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669