10 Games - What is the verdict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to the players and manager for starting the season so well and completely dismissing fears of a hangover from last seasons heartbreak.

Signs are positive.
The spine of the team is looking strong. Moore and Morgan look very solid at the back.
Knockeart has forced his way into the team after being completely left out of the squad on the opening day. All credit to him for doing so. His decision making about when and where to use his tricks and when to play a simple pass is much improved. He is quickly turning into a premiership player IMO.

My only real concern at the moment is that Vardy is in desperate need of a goal. His play has been fantastic, but he's a striker and needs to score.

Moore has been a revelation so far and Drinkwater getting back to his form in the opening months of last season rather than his form in the latter months of last season has also been a big help.

I'd say Tommy sums it up pretty much spot on there.

Only downside, which isn't really much of a downside as we have still won most, is the strikers not scoring enough.

Personally would like to see Wood given more of a chance in the team. Nuge & Vardy are good for their workrates but don't score enough whereas Wood on the other hand, may not create and hassle as much as the other two, but give him the ball in the box or half a site of goal and he'll do a better job of scoring than the other two.

I'd say Tommy sums it up pretty much spot on there.

Only downside, which isn't really much of a downside as we have still won most, is the strikers not scoring enough.

Personally would like to see Wood given more of a chance in the team. Nuge & Vardy are good for their workrates but don't score enough whereas Wood on the other hand, may not create and hassle as much as the other two, but give him the ball in the box or half a site of goal and he'll do a better job of scoring than the other two.
Cardiff and Hull last season went up with no player getting in double figures for league goals.
They did manage 35 1 -0 wins between them, though. (Hull had 18!)

Cardiff and Hull last season went up with no player getting in double figures for league goals.
They did manage 35 1 -0 wins between them, though. (Hull had 18!)
And we have only one 1-0 win so far. We're doomed!!!

2-2 beats 1-0 so bollocks to that

How many penalties has Vardy won? which we have then gone on to win 2-1

Pretty poor miss at Blackpool though.

Probably because it was over before it started

No one can have any real complaints to the start to this season. I'll hold my hands up and say I didn't think Pearson had it in him to mix it up the way he has and I applaud him for progressing as a manager.

i would like Vardy and particularly Wood to start scoring a few more but these are minor gripes. If we can keep this type of momentum up I think we're very strong contenders for the automatic places this season, as I think that Burnley don't have the strength in depth to keep this type of form running consistently throughout the entire season.

No one can have any real complaints to the start to this season. I'll hold my hands up and say I didn't think Pearson had it in him to mix it up the way he has and I applaud him for progressing as a manager.

i would like Vardy and particularly Wood to start scoring a few more but these are minor gripes. If we can keep this type of momentum up I think we're very strong contenders for the automatic places this season, as I think that Burnley don't have the strength in depth to keep this type of form running consistently throughout the entire season.

Wood is still injured. I imagine he'll be back in the squad when he's fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566