2-1 win at Northampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only really have 18 outfield players (not loaned out) that are fit for the rest of the year and of the quality that you'd consider putting them in the team - it's not too many injuries away from us having to put out a 'patchwork squad', touch wood that won't happen, but we should make sure in the transfer market and not rely on the good fortune of not losing 2-3 players to injury in a week.

right back; gilbert, edworthy
centre back; morrisson, hobbs, brown
left back; mattock, powell, berner

right wing; oakley, gradel,
centre mid; king, cleverley
left wing; dyer, porter

striker; fryatt, howard, chambers, hayles, dickov.

We made far harder work of that game that we could've done tbh.

But the fact that they can dig out the results when needed bodes well.

Morrison was MOTM for me,tried to play the ball when he could, was always looking up to see his options and took the game by the scruff of the neck on midfield at times when the proper midfield weren't doing so.

I don't think I've ever been so fcuking cold at a football match as I was today.

If it hadn't been for their points deduction Leeds would have finished second on 91 points last season.

...and Forest would have finished third on 82 points so my post stands.

I'm not saying it's over just luxuriating in the quality of the job done so far. :icon_wink

Whatever it is, its good to know that from here on in mid table form (w6 d6 l6 ) will take us to 88pts. There is no way surely we could be that poor over 18 games in this league:102:

Promoted, end of.

It would take a 2nd half collapse of Micky Adams proportions to f**k it up now.

It might be Division 3 but don't Saturdays feel so much better these days? Excellent grinding out of a result today and tees us up nicely for the the visit to the Bescott Stadium on Tuesday..and I'm coming across for the match!! :icon_bigg

:038::038::038:

Hope you enjoy the game...Saturdays sure do feel better :icon_lol:

I don't think I've ever been so fcuking cold at a football match as I was today.

Didn't go Scunthorpe?

Very scrappy game. Typical derby stuff. Surprised me that the game meant so much for Northampton.

When the midfield did start to play, we began to take control of the game but lacked a final ball. Eventually a cracking move got the winner. Lovely stuff.

Defence very shaky first 20 minutes as once again our failure to clear the ball cost us. A lot more better after that. Martin did some great work right at the end.

Job Done. Cleverley's better on the wing as well.

PLEASE LET THE WEATHER BE KIND TO US FOR TUESDAY!

Last edited:
You're right, of course. All I was saying was that you have to go back eight years to find the last time that 86 points wasn't enough to go up.

And all I was saying is that what you said was only true due to the points deduction last season.

None of the teams at the top have had points deducted this season, and it looks like there's a good chance 86 points won't be enough to go up this year, so what's happened in the past is irrelevant.

And all I was saying is that what you said was only true due to the points deduction last season.

None of the teams at the top have had points deducted this season, and it looks like there's a good chance 86 points won't be enough to go up this year, so what's happened in the past is irrelevant.

When we were promoted along with Pompey, wasn't that a year when you needed a high points total ?

You're right about this year as I said. What I meant but perhaps didn't put clearly enough was that all of the last fourteen teams to be promoted from league one had 86 points or more.

No guarantee that will be the same this year, of course. We went down last year with the highest number of points for a relegated Championship team for (I haven't checked) something like twelve years so that's a case in point.

I'm not going to another game until it's warmer. I've only been to one since September and I doubt I'll see another 'til March.

I overheard a couple of Cobbler fans have a chat with a Citeh fan reckons we've signed Giles Coke for 400k. Don't know whether that's just them repeating the paper story tho.
It's the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670