2010 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-seaso testing underway for all but Red Bull and the new teams who will be starting a little late. Schumacher out on track this afternoon.

I think even they might struggle after cancelling their testing. Campos in some form or another have a chance IMHO.

Stefan are ready to go, alread have their garage in Bahrain. They won't get a test in but neither have Campos.

Can't see Campos in Bahrain personally.

Exciting times if youre an F1 fan. Final testing left Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes all within a few tenths of a second of each other.

Rumours of Mercedes bringing a super dooper all singing difuser to Bahrain that theyve been concealing in testing and McLaren having an aero device operated by the drivers left knee!

Exciting times if youre an F1 fan. Final testing left Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes all within a few tenths of a second of each other.

Rumours of Mercedes bringing a super dooper all singing difuser to Bahrain that theyve been concealing in testing and McLaren having an aero device operated by the drivers left knee!

I see mad Eddie reckons Stefan Gp will def be there, with Villneauve (SP?) driving. Thats 5 world champs on the gird!

I see mad Eddie reckons Stefan Gp will def be there, with Villneauve (SP?) driving. Thats 5 world champs on the gird!

Its getting late but will still happen IMO. Wouldn't suprise me if they are quicker than Virgin and Lotus out of the box either.

Its getting late but will still happen IMO. Wouldn't suprise me if they are quicker than Virgin and Lotus out of the box either.

Sell Virgin your golf, it would certainly be more reliable than the thing they have at the minute.

Sell Virgin your golf, it would certainly be more reliable than the thing they have at the minute.

The situation with new teams is ludicrous and really shows up the FIA.

USF1 have now confirmed they shut down their operation and won't compete in 2010.

The guy whos just bailed Campos out (will now be known as Hispania F1) said that their outfit had no engineers and just a few IT guys messing around with simulations, it's 10 days until the season starts!!

The FIA dropped a bollock with these new teams, the likes of Lola and Pro Drive would have made a much better fist of things than these 2 mickey mouse outfits. All they wanted was teams to use Cosworth engines, say you were willing to do that and you were in. Mental.

Last edited:
The situation with new teams is ludicrous and really shows up the FIA.

USF1 have now confirmed they shut down their operation and won't compete in 2010.

The guy whos just bailed Campos out (will now be known as Hispania F1) said that their outfit had no engineers and just a few IT guys messing around with simulations, it's 10 days until the season starts!!

The FIA dropped a bollock with these new teams, the likes of Lola and Pro Drive would have made a much better fist of things than these 2 mickey mouse outfits. All they wanted was teams to use Cosworth engines, say you were willing to do that and you were in. Mental.
Yep couldn't agree more. And the would have liked Prodrive to have come in with a joint Aston Martin effort. Just to have the name in F1 along side Ferrari, Mclaren and Lotus.

Still think they'll be on the grid personally.

Bernie seems keen on them being there, so as I said above if he spits his dummy out and stamps his feet then I can see the decision overturned. I can't personally see why its a problem anyway, as long as Stefan GP pay their money then why shouldn't they be allowed in?

Bernie seems keen on them being there, so as I said above if he spits his dummy out and stamps his feet then I can see the decision overturned. I can't personally see why its a problem anyway, as long as Stefan GP pay their money then why shouldn't they be allowed in?

The teams are paid by the FOM for competing, they don't pay to compete as far as I am aware. Therefore I suppose they want to make sure they are viable.

The teams are paid by the FOM for competing, they don't pay to compete as far as I am aware. Therefore I suppose they want to make sure they are viable.

Oh right, i assumed there would be some kind of entry fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669