2010 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see they have an SLS AMG 63 as a saftey car. Very tasty.

Its a weird looking car IMO.

I think it is one of those cars that looks better in the metal than on the pages of magazines. I didn't like it when i first saw it, however the colour makes a big difference. Silver looks good, red looks gash.

Yesterday has to be one of the worst GPs in a while.

For me none of the rule changes have worked. The cars are going slower because of more fuel and if they do get close enough to take over somebody they stop after a couple of corners because they dont want to ruin their tyres.

If it wasnt for Vettel's car having problems the race would have been over after the first 5 laps.

Hope it improves in Australia!!!!!

Totally ruined by the new regulations. There is talk of them make changes immediately to try and improve the show.

They banned refuelling to stop overtaking hapening in the pitstops but all they've acheived is reducing the overtaking to virtually nil. Schumacher has said he is shocked at the fact its now impossible to overtake on track due to the car's aero features these days.

Totally ruined by the new regulations. There is talk of them make changes immediately to try and improve the show.

They banned refuelling to stop overtaking hapening in the pitstops but all they've acheived is reducing the overtaking to virtually nil. Schumacher has said he is shocked at the fact its now impossible to overtake on track due to the car's aero features these days.

Totally agree, terrible race ruined by no refuelling, how they ever thought it would promote overtaking is beyond me. Mad Bernies, mad ideas back fire again.

I got bored of the sport a few years ago because it all seemed to depend on pit-stop strategies rather than racing. Now, it seems, they've even done away with that!.

It was a good race yesterday, but then it is always going to be an interesting race when there is a little bit of rain. IMO the jury is still out!

Big call from Button to change tyres and it was quiet funny listening to Brundle and DC saying he had made a mistake, only for them to have to eat their words 2 laps later.

Last edited:
It was a good race yesterday, but then it is always going to be an interesting race when there is a little bit of rain. IMO the jury is still out!

Big call from Button to change tyres and it was quiet funny listening to Brundle and DC saying he had made a mistake, only for them to have to eat their words 2 laps later.

Let's be honest here, the only reason to watch F1 over the past few years has been to see a decent pile up, a bit like downhill skiing.

Without this ''interlude'' the races are totally dull.

Let's be honest here, the only reason to watch F1 over the past few years has been to see a decent pile up, a bit like downhill skiing.

All about opinions mate. I certainly don't watch it to see a pile up. Not sure what you prefered about it pre 'the last few years'?

Without? Personally I think F1 has always boring, I can't stand watching the cars go around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again It's boring! But, I can see why someone would enjoy it.

Without? Personally I think F1 has always boring, I can't stand watching the cars go around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around around and around again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again again and again It's boring! But, I can see why someone would enjoy it.

It does annoy me when people simplify a sport to back up their dislike of it. Obviously if somebody doesnt like a sport then that is there opinion, but to try and validate their opinion by discrediting it just seems like a defence mechanism for their lack of knowledge about the sport.

It is the same thing with American Football, people dont understand it, have decided they dont like it and therefore argue that "they wear to much padding" and that "they are wimps" and "should play rugby instead."

Back to F1, I hope the other teams catch up with Red Bull soon because if it wasnt for mechanical problems, Vettel could easily have won the first 3 races.

I couldnt help but laugh and Eddie Jordan calling Whitmarsh a muppet before the start of the race!

Im not used to one person agreeing with me, never mind two :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669