2023/24 Season Predictions

I'm halfway down a bottle of Paddy so I'm ****ed if i'm filling all of that out. But if I don't say something now I'll forget altogether so here's the abridged opinion :

We're ****ed.

Mid table at best chaps. Learn to live with it. Thats what transition actually means. It's NOT going to be an exciting season in any way. Unless I'm wrong & we end up in a relegation battle.

We've got **** all creativity in midfield. Absolutely ****ING NOTHING ! & even if we signed someone to fill that role he'd end up out injured after 4 games & we'd have no back up. AND if that didn't happen it'd take at least half a dozen games for him to gel into whatever patched together team we end up fielding. By that time we'd be 10 points off the pace & ****ed anyway.

The alternative to midfield creativity is pace & threat out wide...we don't have those either. & if we do sign the Montpelier bloke...well, we haven't signed a decent winger in a decade so excuse me for not getting excited.

Our new manager is precisely that. New to it all. So who knows ? Could be the next Mourinho, could be a useless ****.

Vardy...**** off with this delusional shite. He'll only play 25/30 games & will have at least 2 injuries requiring 3 to 4 weeks out. Where the **** is he going to get 15/18 goals from that ?

Pre season has been an abortion, the club are still sleepwalking, all the abysmal chancers that mismanaged us into this shitstorm are still here pulling exorbitant pay packets. The whole club has a Sunderland stink to it.

Just strap in for the grim reality for the next 10 months & hope we're still actually in the ****ing championship this time next year because if we're not it means we got relegated again.

I'm halfway down a bottle of Paddy so I'm ****ed if i'm filling all of that out. But if I don't say something now I'll forget altogether so here's the abridged opinion :

We're ****ed.

Mid table at best chaps. Learn to live with it. Thats what transition actually means. It's NOT going to be an exciting season in any way. Unless I'm wrong & we end up in a relegation battle.

We've got **** all creativity in midfield. Absolutely ****ING NOTHING ! & even if we signed someone to fill that role he'd end up out injured after 4 games & we'd have no back up. AND if that didn't happen it'd take at least half a dozen games for him to gel into whatever patched together team we end up fielding. By that time we'd be 10 points off the pace & ****ed anyway.

The alternative to midfield creativity is pace & threat out wide...we don't have those either. & if we do sign the Montpelier bloke...well, we haven't signed a decent winger in a decade so excuse me for not getting excited.

Our new manager is precisely that. New to it all. So who knows ? Could be the next Mourinho, could be a useless ****.

Vardy...**** off with this delusional shite. He'll only play 25/30 games & will have at least 2 injuries requiring 3 to 4 weeks out. Where the **** is he going to get 15/18 goals from that ?

Pre season has been an abortion, the club are still sleepwalking, all the abysmal chancers that mismanaged us into this shitstorm are still here pulling exorbitant pay packets. The whole club has a Sunderland stink to it.

Just strap in for the grim reality for the next 10 months & hope we're still actually in the ****ing championship this time next year because if we're not it means we got relegated again.
I’m glad someone else is on the same wavelength as me. That’s exactly how I’m feeling right now.

No doubt the usual suspects will start saying it’s wibble and we’re going to piss the league.

Where will we finish: 1st
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Daka (28)
Player of the season: Daka
Best new signing: Hermansen
Best young player: Thomas
Most disappointing player (old or new): Dewsbury-Hall
Most improved player: Daka
How far will we go in the FA Cup: 3rd Round
How far will we go in the League Cup: 3rd Round
Best result of the season: Leeds 0-3 Leicester
Worst result of the season: Leicester 1-1 West Brom
Will Maresca still be manager at the end of the season? Yes
What will be the Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? Vardy bids emotional farewell.
Who will win the league: Leicester
Who will get relegated: Rotherham, Plymouth, Bristol City

Where will we finish: 2nd
Top scorer (and no. of goals): Daka (18)
Player of the season: KDH
Best new signing: Winks
Best young player: Doyle
Most disappointing player (old or new): Vardy
Most improved player: KDH
How far will we go in the FA Cup: 3rd Round
How far will we go in the League Cup: 3rd Round
Best result of the season: Southampton 0-2 Leicester
Worst result of the season: Leicester 0-1 Rotherham
Will Maresca still be manager at the end of the season? Yes
What will be the Mercury's headline following the final game of the season? We're back baby
Who will win the league: Southampton
Who will get relegated: Rotherham, Plymouth, Swansea

I don’t think I could make any prediction confidently. We’re part way through a big change in playing staff and we’ll only know what we’ve got once the transfer window shuts. This could be good and it could be bad.

I also don’t know much about the other Championship teams. If you asked me to name many of the players for the other teams I’d struggle. For all I know, that could be good, they could be bad, they could also be going through exactly what we’re going through.

Our manager is inexperienced, yes, but he could be good and he could be bad.

I guess we’ll find out once the football starts, but I’m not sure how anyone could know which way it will go at the minute.

I don’t think I could make any prediction confidently. We’re part way through a big change in playing staff and we’ll only know what we’ve got once the transfer window shuts. This could be good and it could be bad.

I also don’t know much about the other Championship teams. If you asked me to name many of the players for the other teams I’d struggle. For all I know, that could be good, they could be bad, they could also be going through exactly what we’re going through.

Our manager is inexperienced, yes, but he could be good and he could be bad.

I guess we’ll find out once the football starts, but I’m not sure how anyone could know which way it will go at the minute.
I think the first few games will be disappointing. We won't have our squad until the end of the transfer window. After that we will know a lot more than we do now. We are still only part way into a huge rebuilding job and we need to nail this next part of the recruitment. Grit your teeth.

Sorry guys, I can't handle the doom and gloom. I've tried to go with it but I'm afraid the negativity, cynicism and criticism are too much for me. Not everyone but enough to create an air. I'm of fragile temperament and can take myself to the dark side easily. I don't need the path marking, and dont want this in my life. So I'll take my leave.

My season prediction is that I'll be watching whatever happens. taupe out.

I think there's too much negativity still - we need to give Enzo and this squad a chance.

We're desperately short on creativity. But hopefully that will be addressed.

If the squad stays as it is though, plus assume the addition of Mavididi, then we should have enough to have a strong season.

Yes, this squad had "too much quality to go down" and we still did, but the general consensus was that was Todgers' fault. So now those players have got a new manager, who regardless of his inexperience is at least a good coach and motivator by all accounts, then hopefully at least some of those players start to play more like themselves again.

We've addressed the defensive spine of the team with Mads, Coady, Doyle, Winks. At the minute we still have Nacho, Vardy and Daka - those 3 should be very comfortable at this level. What we're lacking is pace & creativity from midfield. But KDH & Praet could shine in this league.

I'm worried about how much business is still to be done both in and out, but think that is just going to require patience. A 46 game season is not going to be decided in the first 4 weeks.

Sorry guys, I can't handle the doom and gloom. I've tried to go with it but I'm afraid the negativity, cynicism and criticism are too much for me. Not everyone but enough to create an air. I'm of fragile temperament and can take myself to the dark side easily. I don't need the path marking, and dont want this in my life. So I'll take my leave.

Honestly, doom and gloom is part of the fun of being a City supporter. If you don't realise that the highs and lows are what makes it great then I just don't get what you follow us for.

I fully understand a need to protect your wellbeing by exposing yourself to less negativity but the error is in connecting the feelings about football with real life.

It's just a daft kids game played by brain-dead morons.

You're one of the best posters on here, don't let it get to you. Put 2 or 3 people on ignore if you need to but don't let them drive you away. As BN writes, the misery and negativity on here is connected solely to a football team and not the world so don't let it grind you down.

I'm finding myself leaning towards the mid-table crowd, even though earlier on I said we'd finish 3rd.

Something just feels off about this pre-season campaign and this squad. I'm not convinced any of the three strikers will actually be that amazing in the Championship, despite the alluring idea that Daka will tear it up. I think the legacy of two bad seasons will take its toll.

People take this shit far too seriously

I can't imagine letting peoples views on football get me down to the point of leaving a forum.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463