2nd Signing Close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilbert was mentioned on the moan in and Stringer was waxing lyrically about having no right back at the club

Gilbert was mentioned on the moan in and Stringer was waxing lyrically about having no right back at the club

So, Stringer is pleased and excited about not having a right-back? I would've thought it more a cause for concern than joy.

Last edited:
Want me to "put him right" when we play him on Thursday night?

If by 'put him right' you mean stand on his throat until he starts crying like a girl, well, that idea does have some merit

Milan said that it is 6 new players as well as these two. Presumably 2 of them will be goalkeepers. So that leaves a right back, a tough midfielder and 2 strikers.

Mr Brown

i'd say that Luke O'Neill will emerge next season. He seems very highly thought of. Although i would imagine they'll want Gilbert in aswell.

O'Neill, Gilbert, Tunchev, Morrisson, Brown, Hobbs, Mattock is a pretty strong base to build on.
Powell, Berner and Edworthy will be out i think, so we'll need one more full back.

Berner's been good when he's had the chance, the flexibility to play in midfield is useful too. I hope Powell stays on too, he's been perfectly good when up to it and must have a lot to pass on to our otherwise young defence.

I think Berner is a useful squad player who provides options and cover in a couple of positions. Personally I would like to see Powell given a coaching role, as I think he is an excellent professional and will be a decent role model to the youngsters. However I don't think Powell is capable of stepping back up into the championship as a player now.

They were saying the other day (On RL I believe) that Powell is likely to want to continue playing, because his position as chairman of the PFA or whatever he is has to be filled by an active player.

I would quite like to see him given another year, but we'll see what NP thinks. I think Powell is a good, honest professional as well though who wouldn't sign on for another year if he didn't think he could cut it in the Championship

Isn't Powell doing his coaching badges whilst with us?

That's what I read. I'd like him to stay on as player/coach. As others have said, he is a good professional and appears to be a good bloke too.

That's what I read. I'd like him to stay on as player/coach. As others have said, he is a good professional and appears to be a good bloke too.

Both essential attributes to be a competent coach, of course

Both essential attributes to be a competent coach, of course

Being professional and leading by example is pretty essential I'd say. Being a nice bloke isn't but is is helpful and better than having a bellend taking you for training every day :icon_bigg

Get rid of the old bastard,no room for sentiment.He did ok for us,thanks Chris now piss off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669