3 massive games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Imo next week could well define our future. Surely these next 3 games will tell us if there is any fight left in the club, or we are destined for the ultimate embarrassment.
I have now for a few weeks started to think that we are destined to go down. We keep hearing things like ' with this squad we should be blah blah blah' and we are either deluded or fed propaganda into believing we are better side than we are. Imo its rubbish, at no stage of this season have we ever looked like do anything else but struggle. Not even threatened the top half of the table.
So here we are.........10 games to save our skins. The next 3 could very well leave us playing catch-up. Of the following games, Bristol City home, Southampton away, WBA away, i cannot honestly see us gaining more than 1-2pts. If this is the case we are dependant on Sheff W failing with their games in hand to keep our heads above water. What a sorry state it all is. Looking at the remaining fixtures before last night, i was confident that with the crunch games being at home we would be able to pull clear.
Well Preston was the first big test of the battle ahead, and we failed it in a depressing manner. If the players dont have the bottle for games like Preston we are fecked.
Lets stop this nonsense about we are ' better than this ' because we are not. Its now up to the team and manager to show that the bollox they spout is not just all hot air. They have been telling us all season that they cant understand why we are in this position........well go on then PROVE THAT WE SHOULDNT BE.

How many points do you think we will get from......

Bristol C (H)
Southampton (A)
W Brom (A)

I wouldnt put my mortgage on any of them

1 point MAX. My gut feeling however is ZERO.

Last edited:
7 points, cracks papered over nicely, Ollie's job is safe for the start of next season until the cracks reappear. The BMs insist we should let Holloways's new signings gel and re-evaluate at Christmas and Milan listens again. By which time the damage is done, we're fecked, we're relegated, Milan can't sell, he goes bankrupt, the club fold and we all go home.

Bristol C (H)
Southampton (A)
W Brom (A)

i can see us getting 3 points maximum from those 3 games. we always play crap when we play southampton away and i can't see us beating west brom away. so that leaves bristol city and they are on a decent run at the minute.:icon_sad:

Bristol C (H)
Southampton (A)
W Brom (A)

I think we should be aiming for the maximum 12 points from those 3 games.

imo 4 points beat Bristol draw at saints and a 1 goal defeat at WBA

1-1 against bristol
2-0 loss against saints
2-0 loss against wba

7 points, cracks papered over nicely, Ollie's job is safe for the start of next season until the cracks reappear. The BMs insist we should let Holloways's new signings gel and re-evaluate at Christmas and Milan listens again. By which time the damage is done, we're fecked, we're relegated, Milan can't sell, he goes bankrupt, the club fold and we all go home.

and the walkers is truned into a car park .

I think we should be aiming for the maximum 12 points from those 3 games.

I think you misread the question...please do try and keep up!

:icon_wink

Oh and 3 points beat BC, lose the other 2!

Why wait till next season!?

...no come on where's your never say die attitude?... just like City to win 2 and draw the other, the 2 wins would have to be broken up by the draw as we can't have 2 wins together now can we???

i think we have an appetite for the 'big' teams in this division. for some reason we cant turn up for games like blackpool and cov and then we have picked up good results against some of the better teams ( norwhich, ipswich, watford, bristol etc) the only team i have the slightest bit of respect for is WBA but we need to go in to each game with our heads held high when everyone doubts us or writes us off. we are still regarded as a big club and the history of our club can be a source of arrogance at times, but it aint over till the fat lady sings (sorry). if we forget all this consecutive wins nonsense and remember what really maters ( our pride and place in this division ), we can get 7 points from that and take a massive weight off our shoulders.

i think we have an appetite for the 'big' teams in this division. for some reason we cant turn up for games like blackpool and cov and then we have picked up good results against some of the better teams ( norwhich, ipswich, watford, bristol etc) the only team i have the slightest bit of respect for is WBA but we need to go in to each game with our heads held high when everyone doubts us or writes us off. we are still regarded as a big club and the history of our club can be a source of arrogance at times, but it aint over till the fat lady sings (sorry). if we forget all this consecutive wins nonsense and remember what really maters ( our pride and place in this division ), we can get 7 points from that and take a massive weight off our shoulders.

We have doing this for years now :icon_roll

Surely the three biggest games are against Sheff W, Colchester and Scunthorpe at home? Win them and we wont go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669