3 million to Spend

Status
Not open for further replies.
According the papers today Rob Kelly will have 3 million to spend. I hope Rob will not spend stupid and buy for the sake of buying. If I was Rob we need to get a strong midfielder in to replace Tiatto and also a new Left Back. However to get two or even players for 3 millins is very hard. A good example is Derby who have somehow spent 1million on each player. Probly the best thing would be to did with Gareth in the summer and try and uncover players from lower leagues. However this brings its problems with trying to step up to this league. The other option would be loans...wonder if Rob sees Lee Hendrie as a good signing as he is back at Villa. Anyway I will give Rob my full backing on every signing

Please no gambles on lower league players, we need some players who haven't made it in or are dropping down from the premiership, just look at the recent lower league signings: Low, couldn't cut it; Fryatt, fails to live up to his promise; Hume, hit and miss etc.

According the papers today Rob Kelly will have 3 million to spend. I hope Rob will not spend stupid and buy for the sake of buying. If I was Rob we need to get a strong midfielder in to replace Tiatto and also a new Left Back. However to get two or even players for 3 millins is very hard. A good example is Derby who have somehow spent 1million on each player. Probly the best thing would be to did with Gareth in the summer and try and uncover players from lower leagues. However this brings its problems with trying to step up to this league. The other option would be loans...wonder if Rob sees Lee Hendrie as a good signing as he is back at Villa. Anyway I will give Rob my full backing on every signing

The article that mentioned the 3 mil was just a bastardised part of the Mercury piece yesterday, basically it has no substance.

May be true..the again may not

I had mentioned Ball before, I believe MON wanted him when he was here. Good shout.

"Here you go Rob, here's £3,000,000 please spend it wisely"

Am I the only one who can't imagine this scenario :102:

I hope not. Not a very good start to his campaign, 3 mill down the drain in 2 weeks

We won't have anything to spend - whoever is in charge.
Money down the pan regardless of whether it's Kelly or Guus Hiddinck at the helm

It's loanees only, I reckon, right now - and the real signings will come in the summer

Please no gambles on lower league players, we need some players who haven't made it in or are dropping down from the premiership, just look at the recent lower league signings: Low, couldn't cut it; Fryatt, fails to live up to his promise; Hume, hit and miss etc.

we should get together for breakfast sometime :icon_bigg

i agree no lower league gambles at the moment. we need to bring in some experience. look at the cadman, hes only been here 10 mins and hes allready taking all the plaudits. we need some similar characters to basically give lcfc some character again. and something for the fans to shout about. :icon_cool

Like when we signed ex big names like Collymore, Ferdinand, Cottee..

I tend to agree with Melts and Homer, would be amazed to see anything other than loan signings until the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669