800,000 Bid for Izale McLeod (Mirror)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so that paper talk of us offering 1.3 million a couple of weeks back was just rubbish then :icon_roll

Yes, I think you're getting the hang of it.

Basically Tommy, if it is published in a newspaper but hasn't been announced to great fanfare by the club then it is to be assumed that it is bollocks.

Big, hairy, dangling bollocks.

"City 'make bid for McLeod'

Leicester City have reportedly made an �800,000 bid for MK Dons striker Izale McLeod. However, sports director Don Mackay refused to comment on the report in today's Daily Mirror.

Mackay said: “The chairman (Milan Mandaric) and the manager (Martin Allen) may have a different view, but I will not comment on newspaper speculation. And I certainly will not talk about any player who is currently under contract with another club.”

McLeod, 22, was in Allen's Dons side which reached the League Two play-offs last season.
But a source close to MK Dons believes chairman Pete Winkelman will settle on nothing less than £2million for the former Derby County striker, who joined Dons from Sheffield United in July 2004.

Winkelman is searching for a replacement for Allen, with Paul Ince the latest name to be linked with the vacant manager's job.

City have already been busy in the transfer market, having signed Bruno N'Gotty, Jimmy Nielsen, Carl Cort, Ricky Sappleton, Sergio Hellings and Radostin Kishishev."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|6033262162007421247631

£2m!? Are you having a giraffe?
Billy Sharp instead please!

They won't get £2m, but if that's what they want then I doubt 650/800k will be accepted.

This guy would, with one or two possible exceptions, be the best player at the club IMO.

More importantly, for an underwhelmed-so-far season ticket holder, this could be the first signing to generate (for me) anything resembling excitement about the season ahead. If we are not to spend another year fighting relegation, we need McLeod and another 3 or 4 of his quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAokyA

this little montage says that McLeod is a better finisher, quicker and more mobile than anything we've got. It also shows that League 2 defenders all appear to have two prosthetic legs.

Get him In, get another striker in and stick Hume in the hole!

He seems to have pretty quick feet for a few of those, but wouldn't have been allowed to score most of those with a better defence and goalkeeper though.

Saying that, the standard of most of the teams in the championship last season suggest its not much better so he might get a few.

I wouldn't complain if we sign him, but there are a few other targets i think we could get that i would prefer tbh.

BTW. Welcome to Talking Balls Brauny. :icon_wink

Last edited:
He seems pretty good at taking it on his chest and smacking it home. I've seen Elvis endless times, and I'm not sure I ever saw him score with similar finesse.

Saganowski is not a goer. He's crossing the I's and dotting the T's right now. Wouldv'e been a great signing. Even it falls thru, he'll get snapped up by brum or someone similar. Prem is not above his skill level.

Worries me that Mcleod will be another Fryatt who shows so much promise, but won't make the step up. Sometimes you gotta take a chance on these players tho. 800k is a good deal for him.

How you know about Saggypants TreeBeard? And by the way I wish you posted more, always full of sense.

If we sign McLeod it'll probably be Allen's first genuine signing... :102:

I'm pretty sure Mandaric was behind N'Gotty, Kishishev and Cort (very Adamsesque as well:icon_conf)

I'd also wager that is was Mackay's choice to bring in Sappleton, Hellings and Nielsen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669