9 games gone and still no goal from connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

I thought at the start of the season that Dublin and Connolly would end up getting 15 to 20 goals each but after 9 games their combined tally is a massive one - whats the reason? - have they been unlucky or is it just that they are no good?

Connolly should be placed on the bench for the next game
He doesnt know that he need to score goals to win a place up front

levinwong said:
Connolly should be placed on the bench for the next game
He doesnt know that he need to score goals to win a place up front

But if we left Connolly on the bench it would probably mean Nathan Blake starting :?

Nathan Blake is possibly the laziest, most uninterested player i have ever seen in a City shirt. Sack the useless git.

lanxfox said:
I thought at the start of the season that Dublin and Connolly would end up getting 15 to 20 goals each but after 9 games their combined tally is a massive one - whats the reason? - have they been unlucky or is it just that they are no good?

Dion has already scored once this season -what more do you want?
And, Connolly is a "natural finisher" - Micky said so. Better than Dickov who apparantly wasn't a natural finisher although he happened to fluke more than 30 goals for the club.

We are also fortunate enough to have Nathan in reserve in the unlikely event that the Dublin/ Connolly pairing doesn't produce -Nathan is so good that he keeps off the pitch a Young England striker no matter how many goals he scores for the reserves.

Everything is absolutely fine on the goal scoring and selection fronts.

You know im more annoyed that Blake was allowed onto that pitch today than the fact we didnt win, Jordy got sent off and dublin/connelly didnt score put together!!

I hate that player, although I didn't boo because I don't belive it I didnt clap him unless he put some effort in. I want him to know that if he gives a shit, and tries a bit then I will clap and support him but if he plays like alwyas then im gunna boo him and throw my mars bar at him!

We'll if he plays Blake again my awnser would be his job! :?

Id like 2 see tommy get a run out as much as every1 else but fact is its not suddenly gonna change everything.

My m8s a brentford fan and i went down a few times n saw tommy play 4 um, didnt do 2 well but got 1 or 2 gaols 2 b fair 2 him but only in about 25 games.

Hes obvioulsy got good quality but i think Ma's gonna stick with connolly 4 the time being. He should gve him a run out instead of blake but i dont think hes gonna get a start 4 a while.

Loyal_Supporter said:
Id like 2 see tommy get a run out as much as every1 else but fact is its not suddenly gonna change everything.

My m8s a brentford fan and i went down a few times n saw tommy play 4 um, didnt do 2 well but got 1 or 2 gaols 2 b fair 2 him but only in about 25 games.

Hes obvioulsy got good quality but i think Ma's gonna stick with connolly 4 the time being. He should gve him a run out instead of blake but i dont think hes gonna get a start 4 a while.

Agree with you mate but how long do you give connolly without scoring......I say another couple of games, in those games bring wright on as sub as a taster and then give him a run of 4 or 5 games we have nothing to lose

Oh well, at least we got to see his undies. :p :oops: :D

It's not Connolly I'd drop, it's Dublin. I know Connolly hasn't scored but he does so much on the pitch anyway, running about and getting involved. What does Dublin do? That misstimed header today was comical, he hardly wins any anyway, gets bundled off the ball too easily and only briefly shows any pace... sometimes I think we just play him because Micky is so scared of conceding and Dublin can defend as well (allegedly).

Droping Connelly will only dent his confidence even more, but he's only got a couple of more games to score. Maybe if he got some decent service he might start to score. He needs the ball to his feet around the box, not 10 foot in the shocking air!

What must Benji do to start? He comes off the bench against derby, scores with his first touch and Blake still started the next game and gets on the bench ahead of him. Benji's a good 1st divison striker and was starting to bang them in last time we went up, he deserves a chance along with Tommy Wright.

Must say that I for one was a little puzzled by the hype surrounding Connolly. If he was as good as he was cracked up to be why did no Premiership club come in for him? Why were the Hammers so keen to offload him to a potential promotion rival for a paltry 500,000? Didn't add up.

Even accounting for the poor service from midfield Connolly should have notched up four or five by now. His miss today in the first half should have been the quality winner.

If he doesn't convert on his 10th outing it's benchtime for a player whom, quite rightly, we have been very patient with (Jordan and Scowy could have done with some of that). The confidence of the team as a whole is more important than the sensibilities of an over-rated striker. Keegan appears to have finally seen the light with Robbie Fowler. Perhaps Micky can share his vision.

Blake, unfit and uncaring though he may be, is an opportunist. Our long term hopes though could rest on the young shoulders of Mr Morris.

Problem with connely is, he is not getting the service he needs and that is not his fault, it is MA's fault
Anyone can see the balls that come through to him are either 50 yards away from connely or they are high lobs, it dont take a mega brain to work out that connely has not got the hight, anyway what would he do with it anyway, head it on again? To who? It aint difficult to work out what is wrong.
Connely needs the ball delivered to him so he can turn quickly, chase and score. Not an out of control lob that is a 50/50 ball. Connely is our front man his best attribute is his speed and that needs to be exploited he needs the best service the team can provide and he just is not getting it.
Connely needs low through balls that are on the ground that he can chase and score from.
I am sure connely will come good if he gets the right balls, but while we have brainless donkeys managing the team that have no idea how to get the best out of the players connely will not score.

PS: Blake played twice as well as normal yesterday and in my opinion his rating has gone from 1.5 to 3 out of ten. Keep up the good work MA

Save our club

Chandler said:
Must say that I for one was a little puzzled by the hype surrounding Connolly. If he was as good as he was cracked up to be why did no Premiership club come in for him? Why were the Hammers so keen to offload him to a potential promotion rival for a paltry 500,000? Didn't add up.

Even accounting for the poor service from midfield Connolly should have notched up four or five by now. His miss today in the first half should have been the quality winner.

If he doesn't convert on his 10th outing it's benchtime for a player whom, quite rightly, we have been very patient with (Jordan and Scowy could have done with some of that). The confidence of the team as a whole is more important than the sensibilities of an over-rated striker. Keegan appears to have finally seen the light with Robbie Fowler. Perhaps Micky can share his vision.

Blake, unfit and uncaring though he may be, is an opportunist. Our long term hopes though could rest on the young shoulders of Mr Morris.

Last season we had three decent strikers .... and we lost them all. They scored more goals than you would have expected in a relegation side.

I guess people were over-hyped about their 'replacements' and its clear by now that they are not of comparable quality - the Blake situation is unfortunate for everyone. It's difficult to comprehend that anyone would have expected anything better from him given his lack of performance at previous clubs. Its simply not there.

The only person who is difficult to understand is the manager who I am beginning to fear is tactically quite clueless and selection-wise totally stubborn and any success (which is not impossible in a very even sort of league) is likely to be in spite of this.

Redditch Fox, you need to look at the root cause, why did the whole squad leave city last year? why do few of our players perform as well as they should? last season and this season. Why are we struggling to put together a win against a pathetic team like Burnley? Dont look to blame the variables look at the constant, Look what is the one thing that had the same effect on the squad last season. It is not the players most of them were not here last season.

Save or club

Step, as already stated, we lost against Burnley at the Walkers in our promotion season. And also, I have made allowances for the lack of service to Connolly from midfield.

I will make my point crystal clear. A quality Premiership striker like Sir Les, would have bagged 4 or 5 of the chances presented to Connolly this season. Already opportunities in three games spring immediately to mind - West Ham, Derby and Burnley.

Worse still he's actually admitted he could have done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566