A reason why Hughes has been underperfoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrysalis said:
To be honest I am not impressed.

Either he really has put of the injury meaning he is still injury prone and has only achieved a run in the side by holding off treatment.

Or the story is bullshit to try and make him look better then what he is.
So you think the story was put out there deliberately by the LCFC spin machine to "impress" you???

Do you honestly think someone at LCFC has come up with the idea of pretending Hughes needs an operation and has put it off to "save the club" so he looks good to the fans? And then that someone persuaded RK (unless he's the main instigator himself - and he looks a real shady fooker, eh?) to say just that one line to a Sky journo, in the hope it would be turned into a positive-spin story for the good of our players' reputations?

Feck me, that's ridiculous! Planet bonkers. Conspiracy threory number one. The world's gone mad. Get a grip!!!

:icon_roll :icon_wink

Melton Fox said:
But most importantly, this was the quote

"Stephen Hughes has put off an ankle operation,"

The club told us that, so what are we supposed to believe they are telling us it for then?
Maybe it's the truth??????? What were they supposed to do? Lie about it? Come out with a statement that "Stephen Hughes definetely doesn't need an ankle operation and he hasn't been putting it off". :119:

The alternative is to say nothing, ever. How long before we all moan then? Silence starts more of these bullshit conspiracy theories than anything else. The only sensible policy is to come out right away with the truth, and I for one am prepared to give our new manager and Chairman, who have been in the job less than a week, the benefit of the doubt on this occasion.

Jeeez.....

I don't doubt that he needed an operation, I am questioning why he put off the operation, he isn't that important to us at the minute

Conspiracy theory number one? Blimey, bigger than the 9/11 conspiracy theories?. You say we need to get a grip

Last edited:
I spent last weekend talking to a bloke who said there's only been 13 clouds this year in southern Arizona that haven't been manipulated by the US government, and he genuinely believed it.

Now THAT'S a conspiracy theory!

Melton Fox said:
I don't doubt that he needed an operation, I am questioning why he put off the operation, he isn't that important to us at the minute

Conspiracy theory number one? Blimey, bigger than the 9/11 conspiracy theories?. You say we need to get a grip
Fairy nuff. Faired income. Etc.

But it is bullshit though! :icon_wink

DesertFox said:
So you think the story was put out there deliberately by the LCFC spin machine to "impress" you???

Do you honestly think someone at LCFC has come up with the idea of pretending Hughes needs an operation and has put it off to "save the club" so he looks good to the fans? And then that someone persuaded RK (unless he's the main instigator himself - and he looks a real shady fooker, eh?) to say just that one line to a Sky journo, in the hope it would be turned into a positive-spin story for the good of our players' reputations?

Feck me, that's ridiculous! Planet bonkers. Conspiracy threory number one. The world's gone mad. Get a grip!!!

:icon_roll :icon_wink

No sounds more like something the agent would do rather then the club. I dont think sky did the story just for the sake of posting something about LCFC they have gone for months without news before.

I think those who don't rate him, don't know that much about football. There, I said it. Having said that, he heasn't had the greatest end-of-season and that may well be due to this injury.

Last edited:
alex said:
I think those who don't rate him, don't know that much about football. There, I said it. Having said that, he heasn't had the greatest end-of-season and that may well be due to this injury.I am deeply in love with him though and spend hours dreaming of him naked..:icon_razz

For gawds sake Alex..its a Sunday:icon_roll

alex said:
I think those who don't rate him, don't know that much about football. There, I said it. Having said that, he heasn't had the greatest end-of-season and that may well be due to this injury.
Which is my argument, if he is injured & may play poorly because of it, what is the point of playing him to "save us", surely it just creates more problems.

Hughesy has shown us what he can do when he isn't carrying a knock and is playing in his preffered position. He was outstanding when he first came in to the side.

Getting drunk and eating too many kebabs. :icon_wink ;)

Massive season for Hughes next season. He has to start to consistently show the promise that he first showed last season and put in some real creative match winning performances.

He came here to get first team football and I dare say a chance of playing enough football to get in the scotland squad. When he first broke into the Rangers team he was billed as the next big thing for Scotland. If hes not careful it will pass him by.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
Massive season for Hughes next season. He has to start to consistently show the promise that he first showed last season and put in some real creative match winning performances.

He came here to get first team football and I dare say a chance of playing enough football to get in the scotland squad. When he first broke into the Rangers team he was billed as the next big thing for Scotland. If hes not careful it will pass him by.
I think next season is massive for both Williams and Hughes. I don't want to lose either in the summer because they have buckets of potential yet to be realised.

Next season will be their last chance, they have no reason not to perform now.

Melton Fox said:
I think next season is massive for both Williams and Hughes. I don't want to lose either in the summer because they have buckets of potential yet to be realised.

Next season will be their last chance, they have no reason not to perform now.

Exactly. They have the potential to be class at this level. Its all about how badly they want it now.

To be fair he said he has been "shit" this season, his words. I asked him about his ankle and he said that hes getting it sorted soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566