Adams to Leyton Orient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely bewildered with this decision from big Nige, we need wingers Pearson, you are playing a centre midfield on the wing at the minute and it clearly isn't workifn as Oakley can't cross, isn't fast and is clealry past it. We need players like Dyer who are prepared to run at players and make things happen even if they don't always beat their man. We play to narrow and this another decision which I just can't work out especially as it is only for a month, what is the point.

Last edited:
i think we'll see Gradel go for circa 100k when Beckford moves (bringing cash into leeds along with marlon harewood) and then i think we'll see a right back and a midfielder come in.
most probably kerrea gilbert at right back i'd have thought.

Absolutely bewildered with this decision from big Nige, we need wingers Pearson, you are playing a centre midfield on the wing at the minute and it clearly isn't workifn as Oakley can't cross, isn't fast and is clealry past it. We need players like Dyer who are prepared to run at players and make things happen even if they don't always beat their man. We play to narrow and this another decision which I just can't work out especially as it is only for a month, what is the point.

As much as I agree that it would be nice to have some width on the right, it clearly is working as we're doing very nicely in the league. I'm quite happy for the width to come from right back (Morrison or new signing, as we're all agreed that Neilsen is not an attacking threat). It worked last year with Kerrea, albeit in a more limited league.

As for Adams, I'm indifferent on him (has had limited chances, but has never convinced me of real ability), but surely some game time may well be good for him (see Gradel, M.).

As much as I agree that it would be nice to have some width on the right, it clearly is working as we're doing very nicely in the league. I'm quite happy for the width to come from right back (Morrison or new signing, as we're all agreed that Neilsen is not an attacking threat). It worked last year with Kerrea, albeit in a more limited league.

As for Adams, I'm indifferent on him (has had limited chances, but has never convinced me of real ability), but surely some game time may well be good for him (see Gradel, M.).

Oops should have said working!

I don't think it is working to be honest, yes we are doing reasonably well in the league but if we had width then we would be doing even better in the league.

Last edited:

I don't think it is working to be honest, yes we are doing reasonably well in the league but if we had width then we would be doing even better in the league.

I take the point that there is certainly room for improvement in performance on ocassion and we rarely look dangerous down the right, I think it's tough to argue with the success we have had over the past 18 months playing with 3 central midfielders (Wellens, King and Oakley now; Oakley, King and Cleverley/Davies at times last year).

The current tactics, formation and team selection has taken us to 5th in the league, granted we are not playing free flowing football or scoring hatfuls of goals, but we are solid and getting results.

If we played a more open and attacking type of game, whilst I am certain it would be more attractive to watch, I very much doubt we would be any higher than we are know, if anything we would be lower down the league IMO.

Most exciting moment of the January window for us letting Nicky feckin Adams go to Leyton feckin Orient for a month on loan.

The current tactics, formation and team selection has taken us to 5th in the league, granted we are not playing free flowing football or scoring hatfuls of goals, but we are solid and getting results.

If we played a more open and attacking type of game, whilst I am certain it would be more attractive to watch, I very much doubt we would be any higher than we are know, if anything we would be lower down the league IMO.

Have you not found us pleasing on the eye this year then? :icon_lol:

REASONABLY WELL!? :bang: You predicted us to go down ffs! What the flying **** do you want?! We're playing miles above your own expectations.

REASONABLY WELL!? :bang: You predicted us to go down ffs! What the flying **** do you want?! We're playing miles above your own expectations.

It's quite obvious that he knows **** all, he tipped Derby to get promoted FFS!!

Chill Winston. Just remember its Harbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00