Confirmed Transfer Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think in a year it will be interesting to look back on this window. Soumare could well be another Inler/Iborra/Silva who fails to adapt. Vestergaard will almost certainly be better than Benkovic but maybe not much more. Lookman could well be another Under. Daka might not progress or be at the right level for some time.

Or they could all add an incredible amount of depth to our squad and consolidate top six for us.

How they adapt and fit into the team, how Brendan manages them, will be as important as what they’ve done to date.

Let me be the very first call Dog Bob
I think in considerably more words BN has beaten you to it.

I am also calling doggo in the hope that the reverse is true and he shows me up for the charlatan I am.

'Despite playing for a relegated side, Lookman ranked 20th in for ‘big chances’ created in the Premier League last season. Stats company Opta define ‘big chances’ as "situations where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in a one on one scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter"'

Perhaps surprisingly, his tally of nine ‘big chances’ created last season was not bettered by any of his new City team-mates, with Jamie Vardy finishing on the same amount. Meanwhile, only Jack Grealish and Matheus Pereira registered more of players in a bottom-half side"

'Despite playing for a relegated side, Lookman ranked 20th in for ‘big chances’ created in the Premier League last season. Stats company Opta define ‘big chances’ as "situations where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in a one on one scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter"'

Perhaps surprisingly, his tally of nine ‘big chances’ created last season was not bettered by any of his new City team-mates, with Jamie Vardy finishing on the same amount. Meanwhile, only Jack Grealish and Matheus Pereira registered more of players in a bottom-half side"
I'll wait until at least the 18th minute of his first appearance before I write the useless **** off.

For RB Leipzig, Lookman had 5 goals and 3 assists in 860 mins in the league. A goal involvement every 108 mins. Much better. However, they were still happy to move him on.
They paid over £20m for him based on the great form he was showing whilst on loan there from Everton. After going permanent he got sod all goals or assists in his next 860 minutes and Leipzig realised they 'done a **** up' and are now hoping to recoup as much of that £20m as they can.

Guy does seem to be good in possession and it will be refreshing to see a bit more directness and general get up and go on that right side but FFS his figures are atrocious everywhere he's been and the option to buy is supposedly £17m......

I've seen nowt to suggest he'll be anything other than what he was at Everton and Fulham. Gets chances but ****s them. can Ted coach him to improve? Feck knows.

I've seen nowt to suggest he'll be anything other than what he was at Everton and Fulham. Gets chances but ****s them. can Ted coach him to improve? Feck knows.
Weird we haven’t upgraded at all on Gray.

Perhaps we can swap Lookman for that Gray fellow from Everton during the winter window apparently he's ****ing mustard and Rafa the Gafa is a genius signing such a player for a snip of 1.7 million (according to Talk sport)

If this is it for the window & we still have no ****er to play on the right I wonder if he's going to put Ricardo there with Castagne at RB for an extended run? Might be a better bet than Perez who clearly can't play there to any reasonable level.

Bizarrely I’ve just this second watched him on ‘Football’s Funniest Moments’ for that ridiculously shit penenka he tried when Fulham were desperately scrapping for every point

Dog Bob, I tells ya

This is such an underwhelming signing.

Looks like we've signed someone who will basically add as much as Demarai Gray did (for us, not the form he's in for Everton)

He doesn't even play the position we want. He's always played left wing as far as I know, not right.

I honestly don't think he solves a problem at all in terms of improving the starting team. I think he's just been brought in as a desperate move to add an extra body to the squad because we've not been able to do anything else.

I'm not usually one to write someone off early on, but there's nothing that suggests this is a good signing, and I'll be surprised if he plays more than a handful of times in the league, let alone displaces Perez in the starting lineup.

Jee there’s some whinging in here. Have a quick read of this thread:

Now, clearly, his form for them may not last, but it does show that a fresh start can sometimes work for a player, even if it is only a small sample size so far.

Why not wait and see what Rodgers has planned for him and us first? I’m not saying he’ll be any good, but I certainly wouldn’t have said that Gray was any good and he’s done alright so far, so why not wait and see?

Jee there’s some whinging in here. Have a quick read of this thread:

Now, clearly, his form for them may not last, but it does show that a fresh start can sometimes work for a player, even if it is only a small sample size so far.

Why not wait and see what Rodgers has planned for him and us first? I’m not saying he’ll be any good, but I certainly wouldn’t have said that Gray was any good and he’s done alright so far, so why not wait and see?

I also don't think Gray playing well in his first couple of games changes my opinion of him either though

I also don't think Gray playing well in his first couple of games changes my opinion of him either though
It doesn’t change my opinion of him either. He was, largely, disappointing for us and what he does for Everton doesn’t change that. On the other hand, he’s already done more for them than I’d have given him credit for.

Even if I had an opinion of Lookman, before this move, I’d like to think I’d wait to see what he does for us before judging him.

I save my judgement of players for people like Joey Barton, Adam Johnson etc.

Let's give the lad a chance, hey? I mean, at least the usual 30 seconds.

Has he scored yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758