Alan Birchenall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Yesterday was the final straw for Birch

I was open minded as to how crap he actually was, but with him doing the Huuummmme chant at team announcement time, and the inane ramblings for a constant 15 minutes at half time sent me mad. Also his "jovial banter" with the players warming up at half time is a pathetic attempt to be with the "in crowd"

Also, I was trying to hold down a very important telephone conversation at half with a well respoected member of the footballing community :icon_wink and couldn't hear a fecking thing because of this lunatic.

His antics at the quiz night first highlighted me as to how pathetic this mans humour and limelight seeking are.

Get rid now, I'm afraid Bucci was right

ok if we get rid of the birch what would you want to see at half time ????? :102:
The same as my tele at home, if the entertainments rubbish, I'll turn it off and watch nothing

I used to like what they did at Leeds, tie a piece of cloth over your eyes and get you to run from one end of the pitch to the other with a ball. It was hilarious as most of the people went awol and ended up in the advertising boards. :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

the trouble with that is some people will moan that City are not doing anything at half time and as you know you carnt please everybody :102:

If people want half time entertainment, they should put on some entertainment.
Birchenall rambling on for 15 minutes while he hands out foxlot prizes isn't entertaining, it's more like a very poor 15 minute ad for foxlot.

And why the feck are we expected to clap someone who's just won a prize? They've just been lucky, why does that deserve applause?

If people want half time entertainment, they should put on some entertainment.
Birchenall rambling on for 15 minutes while he hands out foxlot prizes isn't entertaining, it's more like a very poor 15 minute ad for foxlot.

And why the feck are we expected to clap someone who's just won a prize? They've just been lucky, why does that deserve applause?

i never said i like it just that is better than nothing and foxlot dose help the club at least 50K to the academy carnt moan about that but then again ..........................

Stuff the half time entertainment, it would be nice to be entertained for the 45 minutes before that and then the 45 after for a change.

He rambled on for the full half time giving people £3000. So feckin what they ahve won a prize, I want to see good entertainment at half time or non at all.
Things I would like to see................??? maybe a public hanging or two

I dont want to see......... brass bands, cheerleaders, fecking prize draws.

Half times are for reflection and deep conversation of the ins and outs of the first half over a pint out of a plastic cup and a luke warm pie ( or in Lazzers case pies)

And they should sort out the tannoy sound as well, one second its low and the next its high. The bloke Melton was talking to must have been very patient......:icon_wink

I think Birch is great, although what they do this season is shit. It was best when they did the crossbar challenge and the macot race around the stadium

Last edited:
ok if we get rid of the birch what would you want to see at half time ????? :102:

What about...... Birch the Birch

They have a draw at 1/2 time & the winner gets to give Alan Birchenall 12 lashes with a birch in the centre circle, with all the proceeds going to the academy of course.

Guarunteed crowd pleaser & I'm sure the Birch would be up for it as he's always harping on about how dedicated to City he is.

He needs to be got rid off,same old 'jokes' same old boring slobber week after week.I haven't been down in 3 years but I just know he will be exactly the same as he was 3 years ago.

Cue the comb and paper marching band

i never said i like it just that is better than nothing and foxlot dose help the club at least 50K to the academy carnt moan about that but then again ..........................

Apparently the club was losing money hand over fist last season on the Fox Lot. At the end of last season there was only about 700 members paying £2 each = £1500 per match and they were giving away a £6000 car everyweek plus prizes.

This season might be diffrent given the fact they have started a big campaign on it.

Also, I was trying to hold down a very important telephone conversation at half with a well respoected member of the footballing community :icon_wink and couldn't hear a fecking thing because of this lunatic.

Your at a football match Melton what do you expect? The woman infront of me turned around last match becuase I was 'clapping too loud' - she should not be at a football match if she can't take it. I know its completly unrelated to you but...

If you want to make a phone call you could go to the concourse, in the east stand they have some outside sections which are quieter. Even if Birch wasn;'t there they would have somebody else doing virually the same stuff. Personally I think he's too crude, his jokes have been the same for years and years and since were not in the premiership he doesn't bother putting on any actual half time entertainment. I mean when you pay for your ticket you should get some entertainment at half time, it leave people going away thinking they have got better value for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669