Alan Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
"It is with great sadness that I have to inform you all that BBC Radio Leicester have decided that they won't be requiring my services for the coming season.
To say that I'm absolutely devastated is an understatement as I was so looking forward to sharing with all of you our Football Clubs return to the Premiership.
May I take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your amazing support since I joined the BBC. I had a fantastic relationship with you supporters when I played for Leicester City and I like to think that such a relationship remains strong.
Good luck to the lads...I'm sure they'll be fine.....Nigel,Shakey and all the staff including the lovely Linda on the Media Suite door and Steve on the 3rd floor.
Approximately 40% more listeners I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) in 4 seasons tells me that I did a decent job....I shall miss you all.......

Youn9y xxx"

"It is with great sadness that I have to inform you all that BBC Radio Leicester have decided that they won't be requiring my services for the coming season.
To say that I'm absolutely devastated is an understatement as I was so looking forward to sharing with all of you our Football Clubs return to the Premiership.
May I take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your amazing support since I joined the BBC. I had a fantastic relationship with you supporters when I played for Leicester City and I like to think that such a relationship remains strong.
Good luck to the lads...I'm sure they'll be fine.....Nigel,Shakey and all the staff including the lovely Linda on the Media Suite door and Steve on the 3rd floor.
Approximately 40% more listeners I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) in 4 seasons tells me that I did a decent job....I shall miss you all.......

Youn9y xxx"
A bit surprising. Will miss the constant moaning. Or will I?

Edit; Reading the thread title and the first few words I thought for a second that he had left us for good......

Last edited:

Youn9y xxx"

Very disappointing. As crap as they are, they have stuck with us like any other true fans and I think that the Stringer/Young partnership should have been allowed at least this season.

So who is replacing him?

I'm hoping for Alan Smith, but I bet it's Tommy English.
It's Tommy Wright! We finally managed to lure him away from Aberdeen.

....or more likely; Steve Walsh :icon_roll

Last edited:
Fair enough, he was clearly passionate about the club, but for the summariser he just felt outdated and like he was living in a time gone and didn't have a good tactical grasp on the modern game.

It's telling that on the tv when you see pundits like Gary Neville or Lee Dixon who've played the game recently, they seem so much more astute to the modern tactical game and give a much better insight than Lawrenson or Hansen do.

I'd just like to see someone who isn't from the 70s Jock Stein school of everyone needing to be hard as nails and work their socks off to be a good footballer and someone who's more in tune with the modern game as a pundit.

I've heard that he's burst into the RL studios with a shotgun and has taken everybody hostage.
Stringy is currently unaccounted for, but I'm sure that people are keeping a look out for him and will definitely be forcing him in there if he's found

Fair enough, he was clearly passionate about the club, but for the summariser he just felt outdated and like he was living in a time gone and didn't have a good tactical grasp on the modern game.

It's telling that on the tv when you see pundits like Gary Neville or Lee Dixon who've played the game recently, they seem so much more astute to the modern tactical game and give a much better insight than Lawrenson or Hansen do.

I'd just like to see someone who isn't from the 70s Jock Stein school of everyone needing to be hard as nails and work their socks off to be a good footballer and someone who's more in tune with the modern game as a pundit.

I completely agree... but it's local radio. So don't get your hopes up.

I thought Youngy got better but was still pretty irritating most of the time. Not sad he's gone, but feel for him getting the axe as we get to the Premier League. Must be disappointing and he's clearly very passionate about the club.

Hopefully they get someone better in now though.

BM, where is the news from though?

Last edited:
Be interesting to see if he bothers going to any of the games, being the big Leicester fan he says he is.

I bet we get the inane ramblings of Matt Piper. The one man who speaks like a text message written by a 14 year old with 5 kids.

He's an ill-informed, incoherent, irritating, patronising twat

'tis shitty local radio, though, so doubt we'll be served up anything better

Be interesting to see if he bothers going to any of the games, being the big Leicester fan he says he is.

With all the season tickets gone, he should make sure he's first in the line for membership otherwise he'll struggle to get a ticket for the big games.

He's an ill-informed, incoherent, irritating, patronising twat

A shoo-in for the KP hospitality team, then?

Wonder if Tim Flowers is available. He was quite good when he guested between managerial failures, even though he clearly didn't know who any of the City players were.

Last edited:

I bet we get the inane ramblings of Matt Piper. The one man who speaks like a text message written by a 14 year old with 5 kids.

Lovely stuff!!

On youngy though, bit disappointed as I really liked listening to the duo. May have said some crap at times but compared to the dull and passionless presenters we've had before, they really made the games enjoyable to listen to.

Not that bothered though as I'll be at the home games and hopefully most of the rest will be on the interwebs but would have stuck with him personally.

I would be happy for either Claridge or Collymore to replace him, but as it is BBC RL and the fee is probably £10 and a Pukka Pie per game, I doubt they would be interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669