Alan Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just spat tea on my laptop because of Macky's new signature... thanks a bunch :icon_lol:

All the people on FB demanding to know why he is being "sacked" (contract not renewed?) make me laugh. Why on earth should the BBC tell us? Surely it would breach all sorts of confidentiality rules.

I can tell them why he was sacked.

He had antiquated and reductive notions about football and the players who make up the game.

Radio Leicester wants to upgrade their product. Fair enough. It's a shame for the bloke but if you aren't as good at your job as your employers want you to be...these things happen.

I don't have to listen to RL any more and it feels glorious. Of the many benefits of promotion I rank this change very highly.

Last edited:
Please assure me that he has made it up and it isn't a genuine quote?
It isn't a "genuine quote" as such, but it is a genuine paraphrased facefook post and I've only taken very slight liberties with it

I can tell them why he was sacked.

He had antiquated and reductive notions about football and the players who make up the game.

Radio Leicester wants to upgrade their product. Fair enough. It's a shame for the bloke but if you aren't as good at your job as your employers want you to be...these things happen.

I don't have to listen to RL any more and it feels glorious. Of the many benefits of promotion I rank this change very highly.

very well said, Miles. I echo every word.

It isn't a "genuine quote" as such, but it is a genuine paraphrased facefook post and I've only taken very slight liberties with it

and you've added a little more to it I see... :icon_lol:

I'm desperate to be down wiv da kidz init

That's the role of a 70s DJ - not a modern day DJ.

Personally I couldn't give a **** about his tactical nous as almost every person commenting on the game these days is anodyne and simple. At least the bloke was a bit passionate about the club and the results and, as someone who no longer attends matches, I appreciated his crapness.

Typical BBC though. Bunch of ****s that they are. Maybe someone should call them out like Garth Brooks has been.

[video=youtube_share;-YkwMhxCr0c]http://youtu.be/-YkwMhxCr0c[/video]

Personally I couldn't give a **** about his tactical nous as almost every person commenting on the game these days is anodyne and simple. At least the bloke was a bit passionate about the club and the results and, as someone who no longer attends matches, I appreciated his crapness.

Typical BBC though. Bunch of ***** that they are. Maybe someone should call them out like Garth Brooks has been.
What a beautiful Mawsleyism!

Quote of the year candidate (if that's a category)

Typical BBC though. Bunch of ****s that they are. Maybe someone should call them out like Garth Brooks has been.

[video=youtube_share;-YkwMhxCr0c]http://youtu.be/-YkwMhxCr0c[/video]

Waterford Whispers do put up some crazy links

Last edited:
I found him irritating ill informed and biased. The bias was not about City but the players, he had his favourites and others he couldn't stand. He expected all listeners to share and agree with his critical analysis of matches despite the fact they were generally inane, and wildly inaccurate. As for Stringer he didn't have the balls to contradict him. So I'm not sorry he has gone and surely his replacement can't be any worse.

Makes you wonder whether the BBC's antipathy towards regional accents and the fact that our games will be much more in the worldwide media in the Premier League has had anything to do with the decision.

I found him irritating ill informed and biased. The bias was not about City but the players, he had his favourites and others he couldn't stand. He expected all listeners to share and agree with his critical analysis of matches despite the fact they were generally inane, and wildly inaccurate. As for Stringer he didn't have the balls to contradict him. So I'm not sorry he has gone and surely his replacement can't be any worse.

Quite a contrast to the opinions being expounded on Facebook. I agree with every word you say.

Stringer is a gobshite.

Quite a contrast to the opinions being expounded on Facebook. I agree with every word you say.

Only serves to reinforce my own, albeit bias, view that 90% of football fans haven't got a clue.

I paid 40 dollars a year to listen to commentary. And it was subpar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669