Alan Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad to say I was a member of that FB group.I quietly left this week after all this bollocks kicked off.My own opinion is that Alan Young was crap at his job for 4 years & lucky not to have been shuffled off ages ago.

Although to be honest I'm far from the best person to comment as I actually long for the days when 'summarisers' didn't exist on radio or TV.
Who the hell are these people anyway? Players making easy money rather than going into coaching or management & adding precisely nothing to my enjoyment.Back in the dim & distant there was just a commentator.Now I have to listen to the terminally dull (Lawrenson) Captain Cliche (Townsend) & The Mumbling **** (Phil Neville)

Sack em all,bring back Barry Davies & let me pay on the gate to watch football as & when I can afford it.

Anyone here planning on buying a membership? I've read the details & as far as I can tell they want 75 quid for...well,nothing.

WTF?

I've enjoyed the World Cup,won a few quid by trading Argentina & now modern football has reminded me that its back to business as usual treating fans like ****s.

Last edited:
I have enjoyed listening to Alan Young on away games and the forum and wish him well.

I go to football matches to be entertained and support my team. When I listen to games I can't attend I want to be informed and entertained also.
I too enjoyed listening to AY and IS. All this talk about needing a summariser who knows the tactical strategies etc. is so much hot air and pretty irrelevant to most radio listeners.

In what way have they "done rather better" on this issue exactly David? Have we failed in your eyes because we haven't joined in with all of the absurd histrionics and have generally agreed with RL's decision not to renew the part-time contract of somebody whose football knowledge is based somewhere in the jurassic era and who isn't a very good summariser, not by any stretch of anybody's fevered imagination?

We all really must try much, much harder lads and lasses, we've disappointed David with our calm, measured take on this. We need to whip ourselves into more of a frenzy over this appalling ruination of a man with a slight connection to LCFC. I for one am going to partake of some self-flagellation and will be ranting and wailing around a bonfire until I'm suitably feverish and outraged, I'll be dervishlike before you know it.

Yes Macky I was quite pleased with that post.

I felt sure that praising the Mercury and Faxes Talk would get a reaction. Of course my support for Alan Young was genuine - I have never written a post that I did not believe, I think this is true of you also Macky . However, I frequently choose wording that will provoke debate.

The thread was perhaps going astray with the -to me - baffling video of a gipsy. I believe it sharpened up after that and along with the brilliant Desert Fox posts I hope I played my part. . .

Yes Macky I was quite pleased with that post.

I felt sure that praising the Mercury and Faxes Talk would get a reaction. Of course my support for Alan Young was genuine - I have never written a post that I did not believe, I think this is true of you also Macky . However, I frequently choose wording that will provoke

The thread was perhaps going astray with the -to me - baffling video of a gipsy. I believe it sharpened up after that and along with the brilliant Desert Fox posts I hope I played my part. . .
So there was a touch of faux outrage in your previous posts in this thread? :icon_wink

Blimey, this thread has got too serious now. I'd like to get it back on track by stating unequivocally that I like tits, and posting a picture of a snake.

Red-Racer-San-Pedro-20sep03.jpg

OK, carry on...

Thanks for the comments guys - always appreciated (preferably constructive!).

Things should become clearer about Alan's replacement soon.

Things should become clearer about Alan's replacement soon.

Will it be one of our former players?

Is it Heskey?

He wants to come back, and he's not going to be good enough as a player now.

What about Savage and Claridge as a double act? Claridge is more intelligent than he sounds, he often doesn't articulate himself well but when you understand what he's trying to say it makes sense. Sav is just a twat.

Has Neil Lennon got a new job yet?

Is Tony Cottee still working for Sky?

Does Martin O'Neill need a part time job to add to his current part time job?

What's Brian Little doing these days?

Last edited:
Is Martin Allen available?

It's going to be Martin Allen.

Is Martin Allen available?

It's going to be Martin Allen.

Now that might change the views of people over whether or not Alan Young was the right man for the job.

Will it be one of our former players?

Is it Heskey?

He wants to come back, and he's not going to be good enough as a player now.

What about Savage and Claridge as a double act? Claridge is more intelligent than he sounds, he often doesn't articulate himself well but when you understand what he's trying to say it makes sense. Sav is just a twat.

Has Neil Lennon got a new job yet?

Is Tony Cottee still working for Sky?

Does Martin O'Neill need a part time job to add to his current part time job?

What's Brian Little doing these days?

Tony Cottee would be pretty good I think. Can imagine it will be him or Muzzy. Or big Matt Elliott, who has left his job as manager in Thailand recently.

I suppose unless they are committed to the forum they don't necessarily have to live in Leicester. Whoever it is I doubt it will be a big name just someone keen to get into media work. cottee wouldn't give up his sky gig for us unless they moved him on

Rusty Lee. Is it Rusty Lee? Please let it be Rusty Lee.......or Eddie the Eagle. Rusty Lee or Eddie the Eagle please. Or Mark Morrison. Yes, Mark Morrison please. Oh, hang on.....what about Gok Wang? What's he up to these days? This is tough isn't it. **** it, I vote for Roy Cropper. He's the one for me. Wait a minute....what was that fat bloke from Scotland called? You know the one, used to play for us and knows less about modern day football than all of the names I've mentioned (which I stole from a list I found on Superscout's desk)? Yeah, I reckon we should ask that guy.

Rusty Lee. Is it Rusty Lee? Please let it be Rusty Lee.......or Eddie the Eagle. Rusty Lee or Eddie the Eagle please. Or Mark Morrison. Yes, Mark Morrison please. Oh, hang on.....what about Gok Wang? What's he up to these days? This is tough isn't it. **** it, I vote for Roy Cropper. He's the one for me. Wait a minute....what was that fat bloke from Scotland called? You know the one, used to play for us and knows less about modern day football than all of the names I've mentioned (which I stole from a list I found on Superscout's desk)? Yeah, I reckon we should ask that guy.

It's Gok Wan. Try to put wangs outside your thoughts when thinking of him.

SuperScout references make me happy.

It's Gok Wan. Try to put wangs outside your thoughts when thinking of him.

No. I was definitely thinking of Gok Wang. Gok Wan would be totally unsuitable and he was NOT on SuperScout's list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469