Aleksandar Tunchev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes - I see that they have fears of being relegated to the Third Division for financial reasons.

I bet their Third division involves playing at grounds that would make Cheltenham seem like Wembley.

This could be more the reason why he has come here and he may think that if he does well a bigger club could come along and offer him even more money

I have a complaint.

Why hasn't a BM yet started 'a song for Aleksandar Tunchev' thread?

You BM lads are losing the plot - a few months ago this thread would be well up and running.

Come on - Ollie's long gone now -time to find new BM heroes.

Tunchev wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Tunchev!

:102:

now where's that coat of mine...

"Get the **** out of here, stealing positions from talented young english players, Tunchev you Bulgarian shi.t"

I can imagine a few mongies loving that ;)

That'll do. At least it's a centre half which we could do with.N'Gotty doesnt count because I refuse to acknowledge he exists, Kisnorbo is knackered, young Gareth buggered off.

I bet he won't get a Permit though. Then the transfer will get cancelled and somehow a few agents will walk off with about 50K in their pockets. And Milan will forget to tell Inland Revenue.

That'll do. At least it's a centre half which we could do with.N'Gotty doesnt count because I refuse to acknowledge he exists, Kisnorbo is knackered, young Gareth buggered off.

I bet he won't get a Permit though. Then the transfer will get cancelled and somehow a few agents will walk off with about 50K in their pockets. And Milan will forget to tell Inland Revenue.

I doubt that. Anyway he is not as bad as Thaksin the owner of Man City whose three original lawyers were barred from his current trial. This from the BBC. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Mr Thaksin's own prospects dimmed significantly when three of his lawyers were jailed last month by the Supreme Court for offering a cash bribe in a cake box, our correspondent adds.

From the Mockery. :icon_wink

Tunchev here to win titles

by Bill Anderson in Slovenia

Aleksander Tunchev is looking to transfer his winning mentality to Leicester City.

The international defender has landed titles with two different sides in Bulgaria, CSKA Sofia and Locomotiv Plovdiv.

The 26-year-old has joined up with his new City team-mates on the tour of Slovenia and is looking to bring that sort of success, much missed recently, to the club.

Speaking through his clubmate and fellow Bulgarian Radostin Kishishev as an interpreter, Tunchev said: "I know it is a big club and I am surprised they are in League One at the moment.

"It is a challenge for me to help them get back up again.

"I have won things in Bulgaria and it now up to me to prove myself here."

Tunchev met with the squad as they arrived at Graz Airport in Austria en route to Slovenia.

He was understandably reticent to begin with but, by the time the group arrived at their mountain retreat, he felt very much part of it all.

Tunchev said of City's approach for him: "They had been watching me at national-team level.

"The chief scout, Steve Walsh, had been watching me before and suddenly it all happened over two days after they made the inquiry."

When City made a move for him, there were logistical difficulties.

Tunchev said: "There were problems at Sofia airport.

"No flights were being allowed out and I had to drive to Salonika in Greece, a five-hour trip, then to Gatwick right in time for rush hour, up to Leicester and then back again. It took 40 hours altogether."

Tunchev does not speak English at the moment but is determined to learn as soon as possible.

Kishishev said: "I will help him when he needs it, but I am sure he will learn the language and not need me soon."

Tunchev's work permit has been granted and he is raring to go.

He is hoping to be part of City's new-look defence, which has had to be rebuilt in the wake of the departures of Gareth McAuley, Richard Stearman and the long-term injury to Patrick Kisnorbo.

Graz Airport.... yeahhhhh! :)

And I don't think winning League 1 would satisfy someone's wish to win titles somehow..

Graz Airport.... yeahhhhh! :)

And I don't think winning League 1 would satisfy someone's wish to win titles somehow..

He's talking about the Johnstones Paint Trophy :icon_wink

Every journey starts with one step.......etc.
Hopefully not the gay blond one who cries a lot...I'd rather have the chunky brunette who's built for comfort rather than speed.

steps.jpg

Last edited:
Still waiting for clearance according to the Mockery. :icon_conf

Tunchev waits on all-clear

by Bill Anderson

Leicester City are hoping that defender Aleksander Tunchev will finally be cleared to face Birmingham City in tomorrow night's friendly at the Walkers Stadium.

The Bulgarian international's work permit came through almost two weeks ago but some of the necessary documentation is still tangled up in Home Office red tape.

This is, apparently, a knock-on from the recent Passport Office strike.

Tunchev was scheduled to face Kettering Town on Saturday but had to watch from the stands as his new team-mates won 4-1. He did play against Olimpija in Slovenia on the pre-season trip 12 days ago but needs final clearance to play in this country and the hold-up is frustrating City manager Nigel Pearson.

Pearson said: "There is no problem but there is just this administrative matter of some paperwork that is delaying things.

"It would be better for him to have had a couple more games with us to get settled in. But he is a very experienced player, he is fit and I am sure everything will be all right.

"Of course, his absence has given others a chance to impress and take their opportunity to try for a place in the side when the season starts."

City's newest recruit, Jack Hobbs, went straight into Tunchev's central defensive role at Rockingham Road and Pearson rated his display highly.

He said: "Jack did very well considering he had just come into the club the day before and I thought he looked a good player.

"The game itself was a good test for us as well.

"They might have caused us a few problems but the fact that, apart from the odd occasion, they didn't was because we went about the job professionally. I was pleased with the performance on a very hot day. We passed the ball well and other aspects, like the shape of the team, showed an improvement.

"It was another notch up towards being ready for the start of the season and tomorrow night's game against Birmingham will be another step-up.

"It was a strong side at Kettering because we are down to the last two weeks before we begin the season. I have been pleased with the work the players have put in and it is all about them being not just fit but match-fit and ready for that opening game."

According to the article he has clearance and is just waiting on paperwork after a strike action? seems perfectly feasable to me, or is it just more reason for people to moan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669