Aleksandar Tunchev

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantafox

The best part of the game yesterday was Tunchev's man of the match performance. If he can stay fit we can have Mills and Tunchev at the back with Bamba sitting in a holding midfield position like Ya Ya Toure. Add Billy Sharp up front to play alongside Nugent with a new winger to give some service and we now have the makings of a team that can challenge for a play off place.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Re: Alexsander Tunchev

The best part of the game yesterday was Tunchev's man of the match performance. If he can stay fit we can have Mills and Tunchev at the back with Bamba sitting in a holding midfield position like Ya Ya Toure. Add Billy Sharp up front to play alongside Nugent with a new winger to give some service and we now have the makings of a team that can challenge for a play off place.
Tunchev used to be left-footed, but now he's clearly very uncomfortable using it for anything other than standing up. Twice yesterday he played the ball with his left. The first time he looked distinctly unhappy. The second time he nearly fell over.

Anyway, can someone fix the thread title please?

indierich06

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16473921.stm

For those who haven't seen it: I'm really happy about this. Thought Tunchev looked really really good (even though it was) in league one, and quite pleased he's back. Hopefully will give Mills something to think about.

I doubt it, Pearson seems to rate him and plays him no matter what. I assume from now on it'll be Mills accompanied by Bamba or Tunchev.

FOX Franks

Then what are we missing? Perhaps Mills is very good in training? He's certainly better than Sledger, I have no doubts, but is he better than Bamba/Tunchev? who knows. I suppose if Nige thinks so, he must be decent in training.

Matt_B

Then what are we missing? Perhaps Mills is very good in training? He's certainly better than Sledger, I have no doubts, but is he better than Bamba/Tunchev? who knows. I suppose if Nige thinks so, he must be decent in training.

Look at our defensive record with Mills in and out of the team and it's obvious why he plays. People get too hung up on a couple of stupid mistakes.

drummindefender

Why are people obssessed with the idea of Bamba being a holding midfielder? So what if he played there a few times for Hibs, on his day he is one of the best central defenders in the league, so why on earth move him out of position? he has even said himself he doens't want to play there.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Look at our defensive record with Mills in and out of the team and it's obvious why he plays. People get too hung up on a couple of stupid mistakes.
He makes poor decisions in dangerous places. He's clumsy and haphazard with even the basics of the game. His passing is appalling. His vision is completely nonexistent. He's been sent off twice this season, directly costing us games, and has been very fortunate not to have been dismissed on one or two other occasions. As captain, he doesn't communicate with anyone on the pitch, he doesn't lead by example, he's completely out of his depth.

Never a £4m player, never a captain, and a million miles from a Premier League defender (which, let's be honest, is what we were told we would be getting in). All round a perplexingly overrated footballer. Competent rudimentary pro, no more no less.

SwedeFox

He makes poor decisions in dangerous places. He's clumsy and haphazard with even the basics of the game. His passing is appalling. His vision is completely nonexistent. He's been sent off twice this season, directly costing us games, and has been very fortunate not to have been dismissed on one or two other occasions. As captain, he doesn't communicate with anyone on the pitch, he doesn't lead by example, he's completely out of his depth.

Never a £4m player, never a captain, and a million miles from a Premier League defender (which, let's be honest, is what we were told we would be getting in). All round a perplexingly overrated footballer. Competent rudimentary pro, no more no less.
Ouch. But fair, from the little I've seen.

Micky

Yes but he makes a great cup of tea.

Hazzman

Tunchev used to be left-footed, but now he's clearly very uncomfortable using it for anything other than standing up. Twice yesterday he played the ball with his left. The first time he looked distinctly unhappy. The second time he nearly fell over.

Anyway, can someone fix the thread title please?

I loved this observation of mine. I should be head scout.

I'd love to see the stats because I can not simply believe there to be much of a difference. BM's summed him up well.

Matt_B

I don't see it sorry.

Profondo Rosso

Like Hazzman, I too don't get the comparisons with Walsh, the image I had of Mills when we signed him is completely at odds to what kind of player I actually have seen from him.

I thought he would be a Walsh/Elliott type player who was strong and brave (in footballing terms before anyone says it) and attacked the ball whenever it came near them, throwing themselves into headers/tackles etc. as well as being a great leader, but from what I've seen he's more like a Jack Hobbs type of player who will cut things out when they come to him but isn't going to go in hard or attack the ball either in the air or on the floor and isn't a leader at all.

That's why I don't get these Walsh comparisons and "oh, Walsh was poor when he first came in," somehow Mills has gotten the reputation of being a similar type of player, but I can't see it. Very different type of defender imo. Like Hazzman says, just seems to stand at the back and waits for the ball to come to him and mops up, not that there's anything wrong with that if you're good at it, just saying it makes all the constant comparisons with Walsh seem strange to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670