All i want for christmas is.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be English and celebrate Eid. Being English doesn't mean I am Catholic/Christain does it? Is it not a choice of belief?
As I said: "you're the first Englishman I've ever met that celebrates Diwali".

I never asked for justification or reasoning, nor did I question it.

£££££

£ off parents
£ off xmas works bonus
£ off grandparents

= Christmas for me :038: Not celebrated for the right reasons, I know that. But Xmas is a great time, for the days off and presents/money.

Apart from Diwali, its the best time of the year for me :icon_razz

Do many companies still give Christmas bonuses?
I've never worked for a company that did.

Do many companies still give Christmas bonuses?
I've never worked for a company that did.

The company I work for have always given a Christmas bonus, usually of a couple of hundred quid :).

Unfortunately we were taken over by a large multi-national company two years ago and they stopped that kind of behaviour. Not their kind of thing. Scrooges.

Still, on another thought, in 1985 I spent Christmas with The Jesus & Mary Chain.

Not with the Reid brothers in person tho, it was the first Christmas I had spent alone and I spent all the time playing the JAMC LP Psychocandy on repeat.
And Half Man Half Biscuit.

Great times yes, but better now with the family (Not the '70 Leicester prog folk rock band).

I have all I need at Christmas.

The company I work for have always given a Christmas bonus, usually of a couple of hundred quid :).

Unfortunately we were taken over by a large multi-national company two years ago and they stopped that kind of behaviour. Not their kind of thing. Scrooges.

Still, on another thought, in 1985 I spent Christmas with The Jesus & Mary Chain.

Not with the Reid brothers in person tho, it was the first Christmas I had spent alone and I spent all the time playing the JAMC LP Psychocandy on repeat.
And Half Man Half Biscuit.

Great times yes, but better now with the family (Not the '70 Leicester prog folk rock band).

I have all I need at Christmas.

I didn't know that Family were from Leicester. Just dug out my LPs - Chapman whitney wetton - Family, it's only a movie and a Live.They actually started their tour at DeMont on 1st November. I'll now listen again with renewed interest. I met John wetton only last year on a solo tour but we chatted about King Crimson rather than family, who I had completely forgotten about.

I didn't know that Family were from Leicester.

You obviously don't have their 'best of' then...

Family-Best-Of-Family-313475.jpg

cool - I don't.

I just checked and I've got that one - can't believe that I missed the shirt. Haven't looked at the album in at least 2 decades though.

guess this makes them better than Morrison then.

...... also back then a goalkeeper could only wear a yellow jersey when playing for England.

Boc should be able to confirm this.

...... also back then a goalkeeper could only wear a yellow jersey when playing for England.

Boc should be able to confirm this.

Or any of the other Home International teams. Goalkeepers were otherwise restricted to green, blue, scarlet or white.

Gordon Banks was once in trouble with the authorities because his jersey was too dark a shade of green. Some years later Peter Shilton was in similar trouble because his jumper fastened to the neck with a zip - something that was regarded as being dangerous.

Or any of the other Home International teams. Goalkeepers were otherwise restricted to green, blue, scarlet or white.

Gordon Banks was once in trouble with the authorities because his jersey was too dark a shade of green. Some years later Peter Shilton was in similar trouble because his jumper fastened to the neck with a zip - something that was regarded as being dangerous.

Thank you Boc, I knew I was right.

It's their own goal. :icon_wink

Sure?
Would have thought the keeper would be wearing the same colour socks (if not shorts too) as the rest of team?
:102:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48